Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

I don't like Mariko's " what if this character was a teenager" style to almost every thing she writes.

If this book turns out to be a dud and the sales are low, the management at DC will probably blame the character instead of the writer. They'll be like - look we even gave her covers from all the best artists.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-13-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I don't like Mariko's " what if this character was a teenager" style to almost every thing she writes.

If this book turns out to be a dud and the sales are low, the management at DC will probably blame the character instead of the writer. They'll be like - look we even gave her covers from all the best artists.
    Zee is obviously not a teenager though? At least in the present-day. She definitely didn't write Batman or Wonder Woman that way for her mainstream work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zee is obviously not a teenager though? At least in the present-day. She definitely didn't write Batman or Wonder Woman that way for her mainstream work.
    Only time she’s done that is when she’s writing the YA graphic novels which deage their leads as a matter of course.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From the solicits, it's a five-issue miniseries. And the Artgerm cover is for #1.

What is your opinion on Javier Rodríguez's art?

I love his art, he’s like JH Williams III in terms of how amazing his command of paneling is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It looks amazing .

I agree with Vordan, his panelling is very dynamic and could be feeling fantastical.

I do wonder on how they would potray horror stuff with that energetic style

https://sktchd.com/art-feature/the-m...art-and-color/
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 03-16-2024 at 01:06 AM.

I’m hoping for something on par with how Joelle Jones portrayed Zatanna’s magic over in Catwoman. That was dope, I wanna see something crazy like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping for something on par with how Joelle Jones portrayed Zatanna’s magic over in Catwoman. That was dope, I wanna see something crazy like that again.
    Be even better if she gets into a brawl at some point .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You mean like this one.

I want that too. I wish Joelle Jones would do both the writing and the art. She knows how to make people take a character seriously. Her Catwoman and Lady killer with terrific.

I saw Javier Rodriguez's art and I guess they're going for what Grant Morrison did in Seven soldiers with the weird panels and breaking the 4th wall.

I don't like seven soldiers: Zatanna. It has locked Zatanna in a trend where her magical fights end with some weird munbo jumbo explanations.

Go back to kicking, punching and blasting enemies. Those are more satisfying and cathartic.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-17-2024 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Be even better if she gets into a brawl at some point .
    She has to. You shouldn't hope. You should expect to see her get into a brawl. That's essential to superhero comics and I'm angry that we don't usually get that in Zatanna comics.

Also Joelle jones knows that Zatanna needs to be nerfed to use her with other superheroes so she comes up with something to make that happen. She's not like Gail Simone who straight up says that Zatanna is too powerful to be in the birds of prey and refuses to ever use her.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 03-17-2024 at 01:38 AM.

You mean like this one.

I want that too. I wish Joelle Jones would do both the writing and the art. She knows how to make people take a character seriously. Her Catwoman and Lady killer with terrific.

I saw Javier Rodriguez's art and I guess they're going for what Grant Morrison did in Seven soldiers with the weird panels and breaking the 4th wall.

I don't like seven soldiers: Zatanna. It has locked Zatanna in a trend where her magical fights end with some weird munbo jumbo explanations.

Go back to kicking, punching and blasting enemies. Those are more satisfying and cathartic.
    I need enchanted gloves for Zatanna use in CQB

She has to. You shouldn't hope. You should expect to see her get into a brawl. That's essential to superhero comics and I'm angry that we don't usually get that in Zatanna comics.

Also Joelle jones knows that Zatanna needs to be nerfed to use her with other superheroes so she comes up with something to make that happen. She's not like Gail Simone who straight up says that Zatanna is too powerful to be in the birds of prey and refuses to ever use her.
    I don't think Zee needs to get into traditional fisticuffs all the time myself. I also don't think she needs to be nerfed that much.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Zee_Fan; 03-17-2024 at 04:08 PM.