Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    If being fun and light-hearted has worked out so well then why are we still here? Why aren't we getting regular content? Where's volume 6 of her solo ongoing?
    The same could be said for a lot of characters not having books right now.

Change her name to Batanna and the books will come.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I should say this in MCU terms. Which would you prefer- Wandavision or She-Hulk attorney at law?

One of the writers clearly didn't give a **** about the character they were writing.

Why limit ourselves with shitty choices, aim for greatness my friend.
    20240428_184751.jpg
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 04-28-2024 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like Zee and stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Why limit ourselves with shitty choices, aim for greatness my friend.
    20240428_184751.jpg
    Could have done a better villain design than dude in a suit with a burnt face.

Zee in today's Harley Quinn annual:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zee in today's Harley Quinn annual:

That's an interesting shirt

So I read the annual.

spoilers:
    If you're looking for a high-brow, deep and intricate, character study piece...this is probably not for you. If you're not a fan of Harley, you should probably not check it out. If you don't like Zee being involved in fun or zany adventures, this probably isn't for you either. She also doesn't really use her magic much so that might be another issue for some.

But altogether I thought it was a fun romp and a cute casual murder mystery affair and I don't think Zee came off badly at all (unless you feel like it was wrong of her to try to ditch her own gigs to relax which I guess karma paid her back for by the end of it). I also think she was depicted fairly paired with Harley and didn't get turned into a Harley shill who is forced to put up with her antics as badly as other characters have in these type of stories.

Erica Henderson's art was also fantastic with so much color, lively energy, and fantastic character expressions/design work. We didn't see Zatanna in her iconic costume once but all her outfits were still on-point (and she still ended up in outfits showing off her legs anyways).

Also it shouldn't be surprising that in a team-up with Harley Quinn, Zee ends up in a jail cell with her as a cellmate (though all in good fun).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I read the annual.

spoilers:
    If you're looking for a high-brow, deep and intricate, character study piece...this is probably not for you. If you're not a fan of Harley, you should probably not check it out. If you don't like Zee being involved in fun or zany adventures, this probably isn't for you either. She also doesn't really use her magic much so that might be another issue for some.

But altogether I thought it was a fun romp and a cute casual murder mystery affair and I don't think Zee came off badly at all (unless you feel like it was wrong of her to try to ditch her own gigs to relax which I guess karma paid her back for by the end of it). I also think she was depicted fairly paired with Harley and didn't get turned into a Harley shill who is forced to put up with her antics as badly as other characters have in these type of stories.

Erica Henderson's art was also fantastic with so much color, lively energy, and fantastic character expressions/design work. We didn't see Zatanna in her iconic costume once but all her outfits were still on-point (and she still ended up in outfits showing off her legs anyways).

Also it shouldn't be surprising that in a team-up with Harley Quinn, Zee ends up in a jail cell with her as a cellmate (though all in good fun).
    end of spoilers
    I agree I like that Zee stand on her own and being character of her own.

Also love that the villain has some form of long rivalry with Zatanna. I think it's open a lot of story possibilities especially in history stuff, preferably Homo Magi.

Yeah art is very expressive, I love it. Although they are cowards for only let Zatanna wearing one piece swimsuit xd. Like that's not so different with her regular outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I agree I like that Zee stand on her own and being character of her own.

Also love that the villain has some form of long rivalry with Zatanna. I think it's open a lot of story possibilities especially in history stuff, preferably Homo Magi.

Yeah art is very expressive, I love it. Although they are cowards for only let Zatanna wearing one piece swimsuit xd. Like that's not so different with her regular outfit
    Another thing that kind of irked me was that she called herself "master of the mystic arts" which is a Dr. Strange thing, instead of Mistress of Magic...but it was the clone so it doesn't count .

I just like the idea that Zee naturally tends to wear outfits that exposes her legs .

Someone on twitter made this.

Inspired by this

Original tweet- https://twitter.com/Lingi15/status/1782985634581446820

Love it .