Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I hate Paul Dini's timing on trying to make Zatanna and Batman a thing when he clearly knew Zatanna was responsible for breaking up Batman and Catwoman. And even if Batman and Zatanna were not to be thing, Dini should've made Batman propose and Zatanna decline, not the other way around. He turned Zatanna into another one of those hundred women who'd throw themselves at bruce only to be rejected for his true love Catwoman.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-14-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Someone kept sending me death threats on Tumblr because I made a few posts critical of JohnZee. Anyway, I've reported them and they haven't bothered me since. Tumblr's wild man.

Anyway, how did everyone's weekends go?

And what are you hoping for this year? I think the chances of a Zatanna ongoing is pretty good this year.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Someone kept sending me death threats on Tumblr because I made a few posts critical of JohnZee. Anyway, I've reported them and they haven't bothered me since. Tumblr's wild man.

And what are you hoping for this year? I think the chances of a Zatanna ongoing is pretty good this year.
    I really mise You here my friend. Glad that the reporting works and You could have more peaceful time.

Some JohnZee fans definitely wild. They either send live death threats or just lurking in private quotes en masse in Twitter when people criticizing JohnZee. Like I understand if they try to defend their favorite pairing but they choose to harass other fans instead. They have nerve to label Zatanna fans as my misogynist for wanting Zatanna to be treated respected whenever she around Constantine, all while they celebrating Zatanna being fridged for John Constantine one sidedly favor. "Ouh John Constantine is such tragic character who make everyone around him killed, uwu so sad".

That's not counting that even though Zatanna manage to survive from becoming Constantine lamb sacrifice, her characterization, role, capabilities would have a big chance to be assassinated.

Then again I understand if they can't properly defend the ship with how little example of Zee being greatly written when she around Constantine. I recall only in later half of N52 JLD when Zatanna aggressively opposing Constantine and in Bombshells world which has blatantly feminist favours that Zatanna has good writing when She around him
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 01-15-2024 at 06:49 AM.

Weekends here is pretty great, though I have anxiety with some problems.

I do hope a Zatanna ongoing would be happening especially in this New Dawn spirit that gives some underrated characters a miniseries or ongoing. Though I do worry about Powergirl, Fire&Ice and Hawkgirl series sales or receptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    I hate Paul Dini's timing on trying to make Zatanna and Batman a thing when he clearly knew Zatanna was responsible for breaking up Batman and Catwoman. And even if Batman and Zatanna were not to be thing, Dini should've made Batman propose and Zatanna decline, not the other way around. He turned Zatanna into another one of those hundred women who'd throw themselves at bruce only to be rejected for his true love Catwoman.
    I think You have good points there. Thought personally I like that it's Zee that actively taking initiative and She does have her own agency and maturely leave Bruce in the end

Zatanna always gets the short end no matter who she's paired with. Zee needs to do her own stuff. Stuff where Batman, Constantine and Wonder woman can't follow.

The next step to make Zatanna a more popular character would be make her interact more with the public in a serious way. Stop making the magical community a dark secret society kinda thing and make them like the X-men where people are aware and afraid of them.

The next step to make Zatanna a more popular character would be make her interact more with the public in a serious way. Stop making the magical community a dark secret society kinda thing and make them like the X-men where people are aware and afraid of them.
    Well, she is a stage magician that regularly performs...

Death threats? Over posts critical of a comic book pairing? Wow. There's a lot of crazy out there. Glad it seems to be over with.

I feel good we get something this year, be it an ongoing or mini.

Extraordinary Member

Zatanna always gets the short end no matter who she's paired with. Zee needs to do her own stuff. Stuff where Batman, Constantine and Wonder woman can't follow.
    What did you think of Zatanna/Robotman?

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The definitive DC Leggy Dame .

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I remember seeing some Poison Ivy stans got mad that Pamela role is only as Harley's girlfriend. Though now Poison Ivy does have a good time with solo comic and major appearances in animated series and game.

I think it's dangerous to pair Zatanna with everyone favorite Gary Stu/Mary Sue character like Batman and Constantine or Harley for Poison Ivy.

So far in Knight Terrors, Zatanna and Robotman does blend well even with their stark contrast. Zee allowed to have active role in the story without diminishing her competency while Robotman still have his own great moments

Zatanna appearing in a Harley Quinn annual in April:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she is a stage magician that regularly performs...
    First off writers need to get rid of the stupid act where the audience doesn't know that she has magical powers. Zatanna and her father have been public figures from the start. They never hid their superhero identity.

She could have stories where she has to maintain her public image as a good hearted superhero to sell tickets while secretly doing shady stuff and covering it up. Zatanna should be concerned with how the world sees her so she puts up an act to fool the world into thinking she's a fun, goofy character but in reality she's a serious no nonsense character. That way even though she doesn't have a secret identity, she can still benefit from superhero story tropes like a superhero's identity being revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think Dennis Culver was told to come up with a Zatanna story but instead he came up with a Zatanna and Robotman story so he could promote his current Unstoppable Doom Patrol book.

Zatanna needs a solo instead of being paired up with another hero.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-19-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I remember seeing some Poison Ivy stans got mad that Pamela role is only as Harley's girlfriend. Though now Poison Ivy does have a good time with solo comic and major appearances in animated series and game.

I think it's dangerous to pair Zatanna with everyone favorite Gary Stu/Mary Sue character like Batman and Constantine or Harley for Poison Ivy.

So far in Knight Terrors, Zatanna and Robotman does blend well even with their stark contrast. Zee allowed to have active role in the story without diminishing her competency while Robotman still have his own great moments
    Poison Ivy really got the best people in all departments. Marcio's top notch art and a writer who takes the character seriously, who uses the flaws to write better plots intead of redeeming the character without doing any work. I wish Paul Dini had done something like that for Zatanna after identity crisis. On top of that Jessica Fong's "Something is wrong with her" covers really put Poison Ivy comics in the lead.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-19-2024 at 12:08 PM.