Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    This is exactly what Zatanna needs. More goofy **** so people never take her seriously. Then she'll attract more noob writers who wanna write her like garbage.
    I'm hoping it's a fun story .

Zatanna's a fun character. Why can't we have fun in her own thread?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Favourite Zatanna moment?
    Zatanna teaching Misty Kilgore. I love how both of them empowering each other

Zatanna really needs to have some unique magic that let's her fight without using words. Something that Zatanna barely does is beat her enemies to a bloody pulp.

I love the feeling of catharsis I get whenever I see Batman, Spider-Man or Daredevil beat the crap out of bad guys. Physical combat is very versatile so it can depicted in numerous ways unlike a power such as lightning.

Zatanna doesn't have much muscle and isn't as experienced in fighting. That's why she needs some magic that can assist her in fighting without saying a word. I suggest something like a Doctor Strange cape or a venom symbiote or Sindel's hair.

Zatanna's coat has tails. Maybe they can be used as tentacles like Doc Octopuses mechanical arms to slam and punch enemies or something like Evelynn's lashers from league of legends.
    I like the coat tails as weapon idea. Zee stage magician stuff could use a lot of flair in dynamic figthing. Also I would like to add her gloves as weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Zatanna teaching Misty Kilgore. I love how both of them empowering each other

I'm against Zatanna having any kind of pupil, protege or student. After Young Justice, I don't think any Zatanna fan would be eager to see her in a teaching role or leading a group of younglings to battle.

It's not because it's a bad thing. It's because such things take away the focus from Zatanna and put it on whoever she's teaching. Zatanna is still very underdeveloped. She shouldn't share her screentime with anyone. Not Batman, not wonder woman, not khalid or anybody.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-28-2024 at 10:42 AM.

I like the coat tails as weapon idea. Zee stage magician stuff could use a lot of flair in dynamic figthing. Also I would like to add her gloves as weapons
    Having her coat tails as a weapon solves a number of problems too.
    1. If she gets gagged, she doesn't need to write her spells in blood, use hand signs or slit her mouth open. Those look cool only once but if Zee had to do that everytime, it'll lose it's magic and bore people. Also they negate the danger of a spell caster getting gagged.

Getting gagged should put Zatanna at a disadvantage. It shouldn't leave her so helpless that she immediately needs to find a way to ungag herself or she dies.
    Nor should it be treated like a minor inconvenience where Zee can just twirl her fingers and be back to full power.

My solution - the coat tails works like batman's armor. Writers don't make Batman's armor completely bulletproof that he can just stand in front of incoming fire like superman. It only gives some protection so there's always the danger of getting hit. It give Batman the opportunity to risk his life and be heroic.
    The coat tails give zee the means to fight at a disadvantage without being a kung fu master.

2. If the coat tails become Zee's usual weapon of choice then no matter who's drawing her, he/she will have to use her classic magicians outfit whether they like it or not.

3. Zee's classic outfit is very close to Black Canary's. The coat can make Zee stand out more.

4. Zee needed something that doesn't finish the fight in 2 panels. The coattails can be used to punch, grab, throw, slice or even glide. All without saying a backward word.

5. It'll will look beautiful.

I just pray that Zatanna does it before the penguin does it.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-28-2024 at 10:40 AM.

I'm against Zatanna having any kind of pupil, protege or student. After Young Justice, I don't think any Zatanna fan would be eager to see her in a teaching role or leading a group of younglings to battle.

It's not because it's a bad thing. It's because such things take away the focus from Zatanna and put it on whoever she's teaching. Zatanna is still very underdeveloped. She shouldn't share her screentime with anyone. Not Batman, not wonder woman, not khalid or anybody.
    I think that's more a show problem than a Zee problem, personally.

A protege is a supporting character so it doesn't have to take away from her focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's more a show problem than a Zee problem, personally.

A protege is a supporting character so it doesn't have to take away from her focus.
    It does. I'm tired of writer's favorite character or their own f#*king OCs coming to Zatanna to learn magic. Just stop. Kill that idea at its root.
    The only supporting characters Zatanna needs are the ones who can be fridged. Tell Gail Simone to cry about it on Twitter later.

Maybe an Alfred type but none who can replace her or carry her mantle. Bring back Jeff Sloane.
    Also fire Mikey. Zatanna should design her own props.

Zee fans need to become selfish. We've been surviving on scraps for too long. Ask more from writers who use her.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-28-2024 at 11:34 AM.

I'm sure You would still found a Batman-Robin that still focus on Bruce. But yeah its good for "mid journey" story that need a fleshed out Zatanna first

Having her coat tails as a weapon solves a number of problems too.
    1. If she gets gagged, she doesn't need to write her spells in blood, use hand signs or slit her mouth open. Those look cool only once but if Zee had to do that everytime, it'll lose it's magic and bore people. Also they negate the danger of a spell caster getting gagged.

Getting gagged should put Zatanna at a disadvantage. It shouldn't leave her so helpless that she immediately needs to find a way to ungag herself or she dies.
    Nor should it be treated like a minor inconvenience where Zee can just twirl her fingers and be back to full power.

My solution - the coat tails works like batman's armor. Writers don't make Batman's armor completely bulletproof that he can just stand in front of incoming fire like superman. It only gives some protection so there's always the danger of getting hit. It give Batman the opportunity to risk his life and be heroic.
    The coat tails give zee the means to fight at a disadvantage without being a kung fu master.

2. If the coat tails become Zee's usual weapon of choice then no matter who's drawing her, he/she will have to use her classic magicians outfit whether they like it or not.

3. Zee's classic outfit is very close to Black Canary's. The coat can make Zee stand out more.

4. Zee needed something that doesn't finish the fight in 2 panels. The coattails can be used to punch, grab, throw, slice or even glide. All without saying a backward word.

5. It'll will look beautiful.

I just pray that Zatanna does it before the penguin does it.
    Ah, a win-win solution I guess. A unique gimmick that set Zatanna apart from the other magic user, a more dynamic fighting style, unique and iconic look.

Sometimes I thinking about how to hard ruled the backward or just simply treat it as sacred high end magic. I don't want it to be used in negative hype way like Phoenix power of Jean Grey in 90s animated series while all it's does is failures even though hyped as the most powerful power.

Zee hanging out with her villain, Tala

What's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's this from?
    Books of Magic issue 39, my friend.

That outfit kind of make a tomboyish Zee who prepares her own equipments xD

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I looked her up and she's the sorceress from the JLU cartoon. Didn't know that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I looked her up and she's the sorceress from the JLU cartoon. Didn't know that.
    JLU did really use and explore some underrated characters. But in other end it's kind of sad that Zatanna is so underutilized especially when Paul Dini is there
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 02-04-2024 at 07:46 PM.