Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Zatanna wiki? Wikipedia or DC Wikia?
    DC wikia on dc.fandom.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    DC wikia on dc.fandom.com
    Ouh I see the trivia. It's pretty strange they are usually pretty tight knit about major information change. I remember our fellow Zatanna fans trying to change Zatanna heritage to include Arion and Atlantis stuff but some admin denied it

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Somebody edited Zatanna's Wiki page to include Romani as her ethnicity based on Hush calling her the G-slur in Paul Dini's Streets of Gotham and Detective comics run.

He seems nice!
    Assassinate Putin!

Somebody edited Zatanna's Wiki page to include Romani as her ethnicity based on Hush calling her the G-slur in Paul Dini's Streets of Gotham and Detective comics run.

Hmm, completely forgot Hush had a sexist/classist streak to him.

I wish they'd make Zatanna a complex and interesting character and stop putting her in teams where she's wasted.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kind of a goth version of Zee .

Astonishing Member

Where does the Romani part come from? Isn't her dad Italian, and her mother a hidden magical race?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, completely forgot Hush had a sexist/classist streak to him.
    Yeah that as basis of saying Zatanna as Romani is kind of disturb me. I'm afraid Zatanna would be a bad representation of Romani as her Magician nature could be seen as stereotype of Romani people. I don't want the discussion around Zatanna would be a two fronts warfare about her heritage. I would like to see people thought and discuss Zatanna as complex character, with her personal goal/motive, active role, thoughts, and stories first.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Where does the Romani part come from? Isn't her dad Italian, and her mother a hidden magical race?
    It's from the comic page that Edwin30 share

I wish they'd make Zatanna a complex and interesting character and stop putting her in teams where she's wasted.
    What's your definition of "complex and interesting character"? Because from I've seen, you seem to want her to be transformed into something completely different than what she is.

Happy Valentine Day! Hope your heart and life are full of love ❤️

Last edited by Mai Zen; 02-14-2024 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    What's your definition of "complex and interesting character"? Because from I've seen, you seem to want her to be transformed into something completely different than what she is.
    For me, Zatanna has a driving personal goal that could make her an active player that pushes the story forward. Zee tenure during JLA satelite era is the prime example of it as she has a huge need to prove herself as a capable leaguer and actively participating in the story. Unlike with this modern trend of impostor syndrome and making Your character waiting for the other help before making any move (Case in point Mystik U or curent Power Girl).

DC SHG also pretty great on giving Zatanna character flaws and use+explore it wisely. Zee is a stickler for rules. Zatanna could, but not always be bragging about herself, but really she is a good, helpful, and loyal friend. And we learn that Zatanna need for attention is because Sindella leave her in her birthday (Thought it's bad on Sindella side tho)

Young Justice Phantom could make Zatanna a compelling complex character if they actually putting effort to explore and show Zatanna guilts, heavy burden and difficult position as leader that torn apart between her personal goal and immense rensponsibility. I think this Avatar Aang scene is really great of a way to explore Zatanna character.
    “Selfless duty call you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs, and do whatever it takes to protect the world”

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Happy Valentine Day! Hope your heart and life are full of love ❤️

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't need Zee defined by the men in her life but I'd love to see her with a good romance in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't need Zee defined by the men in her life but I'd love to see her with a good romance in the future.
    I throw up a little when I think of her with that dbag Constantine. And I hate when he's written as some master of sorcery. Bullocks!

Saw Madame Web today. The creators didn't care at all about making a decent film. Makes me wonder what would have happened if the Zatanna film got green light and came out today. With the way female led superhero films are doing these days, she would have become the laughing stock of the year.