Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think it’s more that we’re seeing what happened when the characters role really is just “Joker’s moll” rather than “major character in her own right because screw Joker.”

Harley would drop out of sight for a while too - they just hit on how much emphasizing Joker as the monster who ruined her life and getting her away from him made Harley a can’t-miss character in her own right.

You want an evil Harley, then she’s not going to make that many appearances.
    I mean, her solo was all about establishing her as a serious crime boss away from Joker.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

The way Harley is characterised in the new Joker movie gives me punchline vibes

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

Some people on twitter noticed it too, it's just an older blonde Punchline. Missed opportunity to make punchline more popular

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post

Huh, now that you mention it...

I'd say the difference between Harley in Joker 2 and Alexis, is that Alexis pretends to be something she isn't in order to manipulate the algorithm and put on a fake face for online fans.

Harley in Joker 2 seems to fully embrace who she is. She walks defiantly as who she is, Punchline is fake and pretends to be something else.

DC unfortunately failed majorly to actually give credence to the other side of the video essays that would be tearing apart Punchline and all her lies, and attributing it to just "hate" and used the character that experimented on homeless people and kills others as the spokesperson for "don't let online hate get to you!" it's sickening tbh, then again I can't stand Punchline so there's that too. But her writing is a lot of the reason why. The interest begins with her outfit, then you read a story, and it all goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think it’s more that we’re seeing what happened when the characters role really is just “Joker’s moll” rather than “major character in her own right because screw Joker.”

Harley would drop out of sight for a while too - they just hit on how much emphasizing Joker as the monster who ruined her life and getting her away from him made Harley a can’t-miss character in her own right.

You want an evil Harley, then she’s not going to make that many appearances.
    "Evil Harley" aka Marian in the White Knight Universe was more compelling and interesting than Punchline will ever be imo.

Whomever takes over Punchline from here on, should take notes.
    Last edited by Majesty; 04-18-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'd say the difference between Harley in Joker 2 and Alexis, is that Alexis pretends to be something she isn't in order to manipulate the algorithm and put on a fake face for online fans.

Harley in Joker 2 seems to fully embrace who she is. She walks defiantly as who she is, Punchline is fake and pretends to be something else.

DC unfortunately failed majorly to actually give credence to the other side of the video essays that would be tearing apart Punchline and all her lies, and attributing it to just "hate" and used the character that experimented on homeless people and kills others as the spokesperson for "don't let online hate get to you!" it's sickening tbh, then again I can't stand Punchline so there's that too. But her writing is a lot of the reason why. The interest begins with her outfit, then you read a story, and it all goes away.

"Evil Harley" aka Marian in the White Knight Universe was more compelling and interesting than Punchline will ever be imo.

Whomever takes over Punchline from here on, should take notes.
    I feel like Harper/Bluebird could’ve been that “other side” in terms of exposing Punchline’s lies, rather than just being a glorified punching bag for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I feel like Harper/Bluebird could’ve been that “other side” in terms of exposing Punchline’s lies, rather than just being a glorified punching bag for her.
    For all intents and purposes, Harper/Bluebird SHOULD have been. The girl who in her first appearance caught Tim off guard and out-hacked Barbara getting decimated/out-thought/punching bag for Punchline? Yeah that killed any interest.

Herper SHOULD have been Punchline's foil, but they want to keep pushing her like she's on the level of Batman and Joker and it isn't working. Harper was the perfect foil to her, but they made her, her punching bag instead and used Harper just to show how "ahead of the curve and brilliant" Punchline is, which only lost more interest. They blew it.