Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Barry and Iris's story in DC's "How to Lose a Guy Gardner in 10 Days" was really sweet. Hoping we see more of them as a couple in the future, still waiting on that wedding issue (this time without any Thawne-related interruptions )
    Who wrote the Barry and Iris story?
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Who wrote the Barry and Iris story?
    Marguerite Sauvage. She also does the art

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Marguerite Sauvage. She also does the art
    I don't believe I know her work. I will check it out though as I love Barry. Thanks!
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

It was a cute story but I'm not used to Iris being drawn like that.

I think Flash in general makes for a solid Superhero romance series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. The man is truly blessed (IMHO):

The Grant Gustin show was pretty awful for most of its run, unfortunately. I'm grateful for all it did for Barry as a character and how he's vastly more well known now, as well as giving John Wesley Shipp (my favorite live action Flash) a perfect return as Jay Garrick, but it was pretty hard to watch after the third season.

I loved the 90s show despite how hokey it was and I actually liked the movie, flawed though it was, so Barry's definitely fared better than a lot of other characters I've loved in the live-action department.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was a cute story but I'm not used to Iris being drawn like that.

I think Flash in general makes for a solid Superhero romance series.
    I know, right?! All things considered, Francis Manapul did an exceptional job during the 2010 run (IMHO):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Manapul is definitely one of the definitive modern Flash artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The Grant Gustin show was pretty awful for most of its run, unfortunately. I'm grateful for all it did for Barry as a character and how he's vastly more well known now, as well as giving John Wesley Shipp (my favorite live action Flash) a perfect return as Jay Garrick, but it was pretty hard to watch after the third season.

I loved the 90s show despite how hokey it was and I actually liked the movie, flawed though it was, so Barry's definitely fared better than a lot of other characters I've loved in the live-action department.
    I can at least remember the good points of the later seasons even if they didn't quite mach the quality of the earlier seasons, and I think Grant Gustin really grew into being Barry.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

I recently finished watching season 9 - it was hard work.
    That said, whenever JWS appeared I was immediately happy. I was hoping we'd get a Jay spin-off but alas....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Manapul is definitely one of the definitive modern Flash artists.

I can at least remember the good points of the later seasons even if they didn't quite mach the quality of the earlier seasons, and I think Grant Gustin really grew into being Barry.
    Sure, it still had some great moments and Gustin did a good job with some very iffy material. A nice mix of dorky chsrm and humor there. And while I'm biased since reruns of the 1990s show are what got me into the character in the first place, getting to see John Wesley Shipp in multiple roles (especially as Jay and his version of Barry) was always great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    That said, whenever JWS appeared I was immediately happy. I was hoping we'd get a Jay spin-off but alas....
    Yeah, I would always tune in whenever Jay showed up. I actually may have liked him more in that role than I did as Barry (and I loved him as Barry). He was underutilized towards the later seasons, but it was always cool when he showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    There's really only like 4-5 episodes worth watching in season 9.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

This card photo/art looks way better than what we got on that horrible TV special in the 1970's.

FlashTVphoto.jpg

Feels like forever since I've bought a DC comic. Has Barry been doing anything noteworthy lately?

Astonishing Member

He was in the latest issue of The Flash. Rather importantly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Feels like forever since I've bought a DC comic. Has Barry been doing anything noteworthy lately?
    He's been mostly benched since Knight Terrors, but the main Flash book's been teasing something going on with him off-page, and the most recent issue finally revealed (some of) what that is. It's looking like he'll have a much bigger focus in the main title moving forward.