Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So this young lady nailed the Vixen look.
    Attachment 138259
    Attachment 138260
    Attachment 138261
    This is amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is amazing !
    She does do justice to the costume.

Plus she has the model look/build.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So I was trying to figure out which color fits Mari...left or right?
    https://twitter.com/A1Baes/status/17...6gN42JrJg&s=19
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-20-2024 at 07:06 AM.

So I was trying to figure out which color fits Mari...left or right?
    https://twitter.com/A1Baes/status/17...6gN42JrJg&s=19
    I don't think I've ever seen Vixen wear any shade of blue. Either orange, green, or purple (her later Suicide Squad outfit).

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Vixen wear any shade of blue. Either orange, green, or purple (her later Suicide Squad outfit).
    Green? I don't recall Mari in Green.
    Blue is so common, Vixen pops more with her gold/tan/orange tones against her darker skin.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Green? I don't recall Mari in Green.
    Blue is so common, Vixen pops more with her gold/tan/orange tones against her darker skin.

Sorry, I've blanked on most of that bullshit in that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy seriee

Sorry, I've blanked on most of that bullshit in that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy seriee
    is that the source of the above? DIdn't know. Kind of neat how the animal she channels is reflected in her headpiece/mask.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    is that the source of the above? DIdn't know. Kind of neat how the animal she channels is reflected in her headpiece/mask.
    Yes. It was a cool Power display and she had the rats patrol the harbor for her

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Vixen wear any shade of blue.
    her original outfit, which she wore during her 1st appearance in Action Comics - and which would have been her official look if the infamous Comics Cavalcade had actually been published - had blue in it.

her costume in ^^^ the above image ^^^ of the panel where she channels the rats, is based on that same outfit (I didn't feel like re-sizing the image so click to see it):

https://cafans.b-cdn.net/images/Cate...141gpaiadd.jpg

that was 1978, and her next appearance - which premiered the tan outfit - was in JLA Detroit era, 1984-ish. back then she still had the god-awful hairdo that was like redhead Wolverine with braids. I was so happy when they got rid of that stupid hair - Vixen means fox, not wolf.... practically every black character back then seemed to have an afro or dreads, it was pretty silly
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-21-2024 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    her original outfit, which she wore during her 1st appearance in Action Comics - and which would have been her official look if the infamous Comics Cavalcade had actually been published - had blue in it.

her costume in ^^^ the above image ^^^ of the panel where she channels the rats, is based on that same outfit (I didn't feel like re-sizing the image so click to see it):

that was 1978, and her next appearance - which premiered the tan outfit - was in JLA Detroit era, 1984-ish. back then she still had the god-awful hairdo that was like redhead Wolverine with braids. I was so happy when they got rid of that stupid hair - Vixen means fox, not wolf.... practically every black character back then seemed to have an afro or dreads, it was pretty silly
    5276210-image.jpg
    See we have two different opinions. I dislike her first look. The blue and yellow on her skin color is horrible. Then you add in that ugly mask and I can see why she trashed that look. Through, if you drop the mask and make the blue black, I could rock with it. I also wasn't a fan of the way they draw Tantu Totem...but I understand they where going for an "African look".
    6967100-vixen.jpg
    I can get more behind her First JLA look because it makes more sense. As a character who is based on animal who can track and hunt. Her second look was on point. Though I wasn't a fan of the boots. I can deal with the hair...as a matter of fact, wouldn't mind if it returned.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-21-2024 at 07:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Mari & John or Shyera & John?
    Mari + John all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Mari + John all day.
    100% Correct

5276210-image.jpg
    See we have two different opinions. I dislike her first look. The blue and yellow on her skin color is horrible. Then you add in that ugly mask and I can see why she trashed that look. Through, if you drop the mask and make the blue black, I could rock with it. I also wasn't a fan of the way they draw Tantu Totem...but I understand they where going for an "African look".
    I wasn't saying I liked it, just that it's a published example of Mari wearing blue

as for the Detroit hair, I would not mind either the Wolverine "wings" or the braids on their own... but combining the two just seems garish and unnecessary
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-21-2024 at 11:35 AM.

She also wore it in her DC Comics Presents appearance:

0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    She also wore it in her DC Comics Presents appearance:

0.jpg
    cool, I was not aware of that one