Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If Will Smith returns the DCU, Jada Pickett Smith is on record as wanting to play Vixen! Yeah!
    sorry, but hell NO

Vixen is more than one decade away from being geriatric. come on now, this one is just ridiculous
    after some of the dumb **** I've heard come out of Jada's mouth, part of me thinks Will should have slapped her instead (I'm not serious about this and don't advocate violence on women for real... but metaphorically speaking, someone needs to take this particular woman down a few pegs)
    Last edited by Aarkus; 04-02-2024 at 03:08 PM.

Alright, Ms. Thompson I'm gonna need more than a "Roar" pushback from Vixen.

Screenshot_20240403-093501~3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    sorry, but hell NO

Vixen is more than one decade away from being geriatric. come on now, this one is just ridiculous
    after some of the dumb **** I've heard come out of Jada's mouth, part of me thinks Will should have slapped her instead (I'm not serious about this and don't advocate violence on women for real... but metaphorically speaking, someone needs to take this particular woman down a few pegs)
    I hate saying this about a black woman but I consider Jada kind of toxic.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-03-2024 at 08:55 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think a lot of characters like Vixen or Storm "not being able to maintain a book" has more to do with DC and Marvel not promoting/advertising any potential solo books these characters are in, and not putting big name writer and artists on the books and keeping them on the books long-term. Even when Vixen is in solo miniseries, DC never promotes the book(s) like they should. It's kinda hard to pick up a book you don't even know exists because it was never advertised.
    With the current state of the industry, I doubt there are any new properties that could maintain a monthly ongoing for long. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Alright, Ms. Thompson I'm gonna need more than a "Roar" pushback from Vixen.

Screenshot_20240403-093501~3.jpg

I hate saying this about a black woman but I consider Jada kind of toxic.
    agreed. I'm not happy to be saying any of it, but that doesn't change what it is

If Will Smith returns the DCU, Jada Pickett Smith is on record as wanting to play Vixen! Yeah!
    Jada is 52 years old. I would imagine they would want a younger actress to play Vixen, especially if they want Vixen to make multiple appearances in movies over the next couple of years. Plus, apparently, she is only 4ft 11 ½ inches in height. I would also imagine they would want a taller actress to portray Mari as a model/supermodel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    sorry, but hell NO

after some of the dumb **** I've heard come out of Jada's mouth...
    (editing out remarks about taking a woman "down a few pegs" and metaphorical "slapping"- separate conversation for someone else...)
    Not that I disagree that casting Jada (56 years) as Mari at this point would be a misstep...but it's fine to cast Will at his age (55) as a comic book character? That's the context of the castings: Will established in a DC franchise and Jada wanting to join in on the fun. Granted time of recording, Jada and Will would have just been pushing 50...
    On the age thing, I'd still take Angela Bassett at 60+ over anyone that's been cast as Storm over at MARVEL so far.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Meet the Tiny Mite That's Stronger Than Superman:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Vixen by Travis Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Vixen by Travis Moore.
    I wish I could have this as a framed poster. wow.

If Lupita Nyongo's tenure at Marvel is mostly done, maybe she can play Vixen in some projects at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wish I could have this as a framed poster. wow.

If Lupita Nyongo's tenure at Marvel is mostly done, maybe she can play Vixen in some projects at DC.
    You could probably just save the picture to your computer/laptop or wherever and use a site like Posterbrain. They let you make customized posters with customized sizes:

https://www.posterbrain.com/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Vixen by Travis Moore.
    Absolutely beautiful .

Vixen for the secret project Jacob Edgar has been teasing on Twitter the past few weeks.

Meet the Tiny Mite That's Stronger Than Superman:

Impressive but still not messing gonorrhea.

This mighty beast is the gonorrhea bacterium – the strongest creature alive. These tiny creatures can pull with a force equal to 100,000 times their body weight – as though a human could drag 10 million kilos.

With this data, Vixen can lift 7,000 tons

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Vixen for the secret project Jacob Edgar has been teasing on Twitter the past few weeks.

Interesting.

Vixen by Travis Moore.
    Do your natural baby. Very Lupita Nyong'o
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-14-2024 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Is the Totem meant to be on her belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the Totem meant to be on her belt?
    Funny in the above, the totem is there in the grouped version but not the blow up solo.
    In comics, and that costume, the totem usually finds itself discreetly among the baubles on the belt. Other times Mari is shown to keep it elsewhere on her person.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Funny in the above, the totem is there in the grouped version but not the blow up solo.
    In comics, and that costume, the totem usually finds itself discreetly among the baubles on the belt. Other times Mari is shown to keep it elsewhere on her person.

What I find interesting is that the totem seems to change shape.

The totem also seems to be the same symbol of Timberwolf from the Legion of Superheroes.