Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Vixen's Tantu Totem:

tantu totem 2.jpg

"It is tied to all the animals that ever will be..."

So can Vixen mimic the abilities of animals that don't even exist YET/future animals/extraterrestrial animals?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-02-2024 at 11:43 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen's Tantu Totem:

tantu totem 2.jpg

"It is tied to all the animals that ever will be..."

So can Vixen mimic the abilities of animals that don't even exist YET/future animals/extraterrestrial animals?
    I'll say any Earthbound animal is within her ability... be it from the future or magical. Her powers should be strictly tied to the Earth and all living things on it. Extraterrestrials should be out of her range unless they lived on the earth for sn extended amount of time (like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Starfire). This is a reasonable limitation to her abilities and deepens her connection to the Earth

Leave the abilities of StarEaters and things that play on the edge of black holes to Animal Man.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'll say any Earthbound animal is within her ability... be it from the future or magical. Her powers should be strictly tied to the Earth and all living things on it. Extraterrestrials should be out of her range unless they lived on the earth for sn extended amount of time (like Superman, Martian Manhunter and Starfire). This is a reasonable limitation to her abilities and deepens her connection to the Earth

Leave the abilities of StarEaters and things that play on the edge of black holes to Animal Man.
    But what about when Vixen helped Animal Man and Tristess create another universe? I think Vixen's abilities should be tied to THAT new universe as well.

There's no telling what kinds of animals exist in that new universe. It would be weird that Vixen helped to create that universe, but doesn't have access to the abilities of the animals within that new universe.

Also, I tend to think that Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy all have the same level of power in terms of their abilities, especially since it has been said that Vixen is only limited by what she THINKS she can do. Which is why I truly think any battle among Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy would result in a stalemate.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-03-2024 at 04:14 PM.

But what about when Vixen helped Animal Man and Tristess create another universe? I think Vixen's abilities should be tied to THAT new universe as well..
    Her ability to create a universe should be well within her power manipulate the Earth's M-Field. Keep in mind, they never said how big the universe they create was in size. As far as we know, it could be a mini-verse.

There's no telling what kinds of animals exist in that new universe. It would be weird that Vixen helped to create that universe, but doesn't have access to the abilities of the animals within that new universe.
    Agreed but her ability to create life hasn't been referenced since the early 90s

Also, I tend to think that Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy all have the same level of power in terms of their abilities, especially since it has been said that Vixen is only limited by what she THINKS she can do. Which is why I truly think any battle among Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy would result in a stalemate.
    To me it's Maxine-Animal Man-Vixen-Beast Boy-Bwanna Beast-Freedom Beast

Not sure if this is another showing human or animal telepathy. Black Manta was transformer into a stingray.

Screenshot_20240216-123034~2.jpg

Her ability to create a universe should be well within her power manipulate the Earth's M-Field. Keep in mind, they never said how big the universe they create was in size. As far as we know, it could be a mini-verse.

Agreed but her ability to create life hasn't been referenced since the early 90s

To me it's Maxine-Animal Man-Vixen-Beast Boy-Bwanna Beast-Freedom Beast
    With Beast Boy being able to morph into Starro and pretty much any animal in existence regardless of origin I see him as the third most powerful animal-empowered being behind Buddy and Maxine. He and Vixen probably match in level of power or one is slightly more powerful than the other but won't reach the level of power from the Bakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    With Beast Boy being able to morph into Starro and pretty much any animal in existence regardless of origin I see him as the third most powerful animal-empowered being behind Buddy and Maxine.
    I think the Starro feat makes Beast Boy the most powerful shape-shifter on Earth. Things do get kind of murky because of Dr Hate using magic to over take his mind and abilities. (that's a whole other conversation)

The things that puts Vixen ahead Beast Boy to me is her ability to do more than animal mimicry. Her ability to pull energy from the M-Field to project energy and solid construction like a Green Lantern.
    IMG_20231016_073720.jpg
    Use the Red/M-Field to make global contacts with multiple human minds across the world.
    IMG_20231215_165514.jpg
    Also, add in her ability to teleport and rearrange the molecules of clothing.
    IMG_20231211_231028.jpg
    These abilities make her more like a minor sorcerer than a person who can just mimic animal abilities. This might be powers coming from her blood connection to the Spider God Anansi

He and Vixen probably match in level of power or one is slightly more powerful than the other but won't reach the level of power from the Bakers.
    Agreed. Though, there seems to be a lot of room for Beast Boy and Vixen to be created with their abilities.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-25-2024 at 06:23 PM.

I love the imagery at 0:16:

I think the Starro feat makes Beast Boy the most powerful shape-shifter on Earth. Things do get kind of murky because of Dr Hate using magic to over take his mind and abilities. (that's a whole other conversation).
    There's also Plastic Man who could give him a run for his money as the most powerful shapeshifter on Earth due to his ability near invulnerable, powerful regeneration and immunity to telepathy. I think with the Dr. Hate situation that her helm was composed of both the corrupted shard of Dr. Fate's helm and the Nightmare Stone which boosted her psychic and mystical abilities that most likely allowed her to mind wipe Gar in Garro form because in that form he was most likely the most powerful mind on Earth.

I
    IMG_20231215_165514.jpg
    IMG_20231211_231028.jpg
    These abilities make her more like a minor sorcerer than a person who can just mimic animal abilities. This might be powers coming from her blood connection to Anansi.
    I remember Gar doing that in the Titans Live Action show when Freedom Beast told him to go to the Red. Vixen seems to be versatile in an external sense by displaying psychic and energy-based powers while BB is more of the opposite by being more versatile in the body with his ability to change his size and mass as well as his ability to separate and disperse into swarms of creatures

Agreed. Though, there seems to be a lot of room for Beast Boy and Vixen to be created with their abilities.
    With their abilities, they can pretty much be set into any environment and won't feel out of place such as being in space, different dimensions, etc. Since the Red encompasses all animal life throughout existence.

There's also Plastic Man who could give him a run for his money as the most powerful shapeshifter on Earth due to his ability near invulnerable, powerful regeneration and immunity to telepathy. I think with the Dr. Hate situation that her helm was composed of both the corrupted shard of Dr. Fate's helm and the Nightmare Stone which boosted her psychic and mystical abilities that most likely allowed her to mind wipe Gar in Garro form because in that form he was most likely the most powerful mind on Earth.

I remember Gar doing that in the Titans Live Action show when Freedom Beast told him to go to the Red. Vixen seems to be versatile in an external sense by displaying psychic and energy-based powers while BB is more of the opposite by being more versatile in the body with his ability to change his size and mass as well as his ability to separate and disperse into swarms of creatures

With their abilities, they can pretty much be set into any environment and won't feel out of place such as being in space, different dimensions, etc. Since the Red encompasses all animal life throughout existence.
    I agree, Plastic Man is the most powerful Shape-shifter on Earth but Gar is a definite second and J'onn is third.

I actually like how DC keeps each Animal Masters abilities connected but distinctly different. Animal Man has the most range with mimicking abilities (universal). Vixen is apparently the most creative with her powers with the abilities to teleport, telepathy and energy projection. Beast Boy is easily the best shape-shifter. B'Wanna Beast's/Freedom Beast ability to mix and enhance any two animal near him. Maxine ability to create new life and shape-shift into enhanced humanoid animals.

I would love to see a book featuring them all.

I love the imagery at 0:16:

I would love to see her in some of those looks. 1:12 looks the best.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-19-2024 at 06:53 PM.

I think the Starro feat makes Beast Boy the most powerful shape-shifter on Earth. Things do get kind of murky because of Dr Hate using magic to over take his mind and abilities. (that's a whole other conversation)

The things that puts Vixen ahead Beast Boy to me is her ability to do more than animal mimicry. Her ability to pull energy from the M-Field to project energy and solid construction like a Green Lantern.
    IMG_20231016_073720.jpg
    Use the Red/M-Field to make global contacts with multiple human minds across the world.
    IMG_20231215_165514.jpg
    IMG_20231211_231028.jpg
    These abilities make her more like a minor sorcerer than a person who can just mimic animal abilities. This might be powers coming from her blood connection to Anansi

Clearly I've missed a lot my friend. Can you tell me where these are from?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Clearly I've missed a lot my friend. Can you tell me where these are from?
    Truth & Justice #3
    Justice League of America #24
    DC Power #1

Also something I mentioned but didn't show.
    Screenshot_20240225-221211~2.jpg
    Again, she more like an minor sorcerer.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-25-2024 at 09:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

random story: I was at a convention once and ran across a mixed-race couple, cosplaying as DCAU versions of GL-John and Hawkgirl-Shayera

I approached them and said "hey, if you two are back together now, would you mind giving Vixen my number?". we had a good laugh and the dude fist-bumped me, it was a fun interaction with fellow fans

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

What is this from? Looks cool.