Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    She also wore it in her DC Comics Presents appearance:

Attachment 138406
    It's her second appearance, and what I always found interesting about that story was her ability to combine animal power.

This is something Animal Man and Beast Boy couldn't do until much-much later.
    Screenshot_20240321-225711~2.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

If I were a casting director, I'd ask DeWanda Wise to audition to play Vixen in live action:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    If I were a casting director, I'd ask DeWanda Wise to audition to play Vixen in live action:

Better get her before her campaign to play MCU Storm gets any traction! DeWise has said she doesn't "repeat roles"... citing her character in DOMINION being a pilot and her almost role in CAPTAIN MARVEL (as Maria Rambeau) being the "same" because they were both pilots. So I can only imagine superhero getting the same treatment...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Better get her before her campaign to play MCU Storm gets any traction! DeWise has said she doesn't "repeat roles"... citing her character in DOMINION being a pilot and her almost role in CAPTAIN MARVEL (as Maria Rambeau) being the "same" because they were both pilots. So I can only imagine superhero getting the same treatment...
    if we can't get her then I nominate Simone Missick... she was awesome as Misty Knight already, so I'm sure she's got the acting chops for it. quick image search shows her in a wide variety of styles too, I think an ability to be a bit "chameleon" in that regard would benefit a character so rooted in fashion and modelling

simone_missick.jpg
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-26-2024 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    if we can't get her then I nominate Simone Missick... she was awesome as Misty Knight already, so I'm sure she's got the acting chops for it. quick image search shows her in a wide variety of styles too, I think an ability to be a bit "chameleon" in that regard would benefit a character so rooted in fashion and modelling

simone_missick.jpg
    I can see her in the role. Like the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I can see her in the role. Like the hair.
    indeed. she changes it up a lot (her hair), but I chose that photo for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

She would be great in the role. But if it were up to me I’d have her play Nubia and get Thuso Mbede to play Vixen.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It'd be nice if DC committed to 12 issues with a top creative team to really give a definitive run for Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    She would be great in the role. But if it were up to me I’d have her play Nubia and get Thuso Mbede to play Vixen.
    If Will Smith returns the DCU, Jada Pickett Smith is on record as wanting to play Vixen! Yeah!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If Will Smith returns the DCU, Jada Pickett Smith is on record as wanting to play Vixen! Yeah!
    Jada is 52 years old. I would imagine they would want a younger actress to play Vixen, especially if they want Vixen to make multiple appearances in movies over the next couple of years. Plus, apparently, she is only 4ft 11 ½ inches in height. I would also imagine they would want a taller actress to portray Mari as a model/supermodel.

What they could do is let Jada reprise her role as Fish Mooney from the "Gotham" TV series and resurrect her character from that show. Mooney at one point had the powers of a cuttlefish, so maybe a revised/resurrected version of Fish Mooney with cuttlefish powers could go up against Vixen at some point in the movies.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-30-2024 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It'd be nice if DC committed to 12 issues with a top creative team to really give a definitive run for Vixen.
    My pick would be to get Christopher Priest to write it and pair him with someone very creative with the drawing and graphic designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    My pick would be to get Christopher Priest to write it and pair him with someone very creative with the drawing and graphic designs.
    Does Priest even like Vixen? I can see him repeat his previous complaint about people wanting him to write black characters just because he's black too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Does Priest even like Vixen? I can see him repeat his previous complaint about people wanting him to write black characters just because he's black too.
    who knows. He may like her a lot. Probably not enough to be convinced to take on a solo if it was pitched to him. But for her to be part of a team, I doubt he'd balk.

Truthfully, at this point Vixen works best on a team. In my mind, she like Storm or Rogue, popular but not able to maintain a book.

I think a lot of characters like Vixen or Storm "not being able to maintain a book" has more to do with DC and Marvel not promoting/advertising any potential solo books these characters are in, and not putting big name writer and artists on the books and keeping them on the books long-term. Even when Vixen is in solo miniseries, DC never promotes the book(s) like they should. It's kinda hard to pick up a book you don't even know exists because it was never advertised.

My gut feeling is that DC should be making more than enough money hand over fist from Batman books to throw a lot more promotional/advertising dollars behind their less popular characters (like Vixen) to hopefully get those characters up to Batman's level of popularity.