Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Queen Nubia Appreciation 2024

NUBIA 0.jpgThe Queen of Paradise Island

Happy New Year 2024 to Nubia and her fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

There will be a Nubia story in the DC Power 2024 Anthology out Jan 30th:

“The Natural Order,” by Alitha Martinez

As both writer and artist, Martinez (REPRESENT!: “It’s A Bird,” Batgirls, Nubia Coronation Special) creates a team-up readers would never expect, as Nubia and Mr. Mxyzptlik join forces to prevent both a dark mage and a minotaur from invading Themyscira.

Golly im looking forward to this one XD

I am glad Nubia continues to be present in stories.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    There will be a Nubia story in the DC Power 2024 Anthology out Jan 30th:

I like the idea of this story, and I definitely want to read it. But, how in the world did a dark mage and a Minotaur get a hold of Mxyzptlk? The story is both grand and small at the same time.

Will they address it? I don’t care too much, but I’m interested in seeing how they explain the setup.

Incredible Member

How are people feeling about Nubia as Queen of the Amazons? Is it an interesting development? Only for show? Under-written? Pretty much the same situation as Hippolyta?

I personally would have been more interested in Nubia is she had her own "space" to occupy in the mythology, rather than just taking over the throne. I like Hippolyta on the throne, Artemis being the hot-tempered one, Cassie being the adopted Amazon learning and improving, Phillipus as the solemn general with a warm touch, etc.

It might have done more for the character to be integrated in with her own traits and purpose, and then later take over as Queen. (Not that I enjoy Hippolyta dying or giving up her throne in general.)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

How about Nubia is the travelling knight errant? Maybe she wants to see the world and understand her place in it after so much time on the Island. She could run the embassy, too. Kind of like Rucka wrote Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    How are people feeling about Nubia as Queen of the Amazons? Is it an interesting development? Only for show? Under-written? Pretty much the same situation as Hippolyta?

I personally would have been more interested in Nubia is she had her own "space" to occupy in the mythology, rather than just taking over the throne. I like Hippolyta on the throne, Artemis being the hot-tempered one, Cassie being the adopted Amazon learning and improving, Phillipus as the solemn general with a warm touch, etc.

It might have done more for the character to be integrated in with her own traits and purpose, and then later take over as Queen. (Not that I enjoy Hippolyta dying or giving up her throne in general.)
    I think she's been fine as Queen but I also think it holds her back to a degree as they want her to have plenty of adventures off the island. I think it should come to a point where Phillipus takes up the crown. Nubia leaves for her own adventures and is a diplomat just as Diana is.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

Nubia being Queen has been ok. Nothing has blown me away but it isn't terrible. Although, I feel as if writers haven't found her voice yet. As of now, I feel like her voice still sounds too much like Diana. Artemis, Donna, Yara, and Cassie, all have their own unique/distinct voice and tone, but I still don't get that with Nubia.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

QUEEN NUBIA 12.jpgDC should've just stay w the Origin of Diana and Nubia being Twins i hate the fact that they've Depowered her.

Spectacular Member

Well,that's disheartening.When I saw people praising so much "Nubia and the Amazons",I thought we finally got something right in the wonderverse and now I hear that she still doesn't have her own voice and that her crowning achievement(no pun intended) may be a mistake
    Last edited by Access; 02-15-2024 at 04:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Well,that's disheartening.When I saw people praising so much "Nubia and the Amazons",I thought we finally got something right in the wonderverse and now I hear that she still doesn't have her own voice and that her crowning achievement(no pun intended) may be a mistake
    ......huh?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    QUEEN NUBIA 12.jpgDC should've just stay w the Origin of Diana and Nubia being Twins i hate the fact that they've Depowered her.
    agreed 100%
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."