Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    DC should've just stay w the Origin of Diana and Nubia being Twins i hate the fact that they've Depowered her.
    Not familiar with the modern version, but I don't think she ever had powers beyond a regular Amazon. In the classic origin, she was kidnapped by Mars/Ares before the other gods could bestow there gifts.

Yes at one time Nubia was either near or very close to the same power levels as Diana and even had the power of Flight.one origin she was Diana's Twin Sister .then later given an different origin as the guardian of dooms doorway but was still in the same power class as Diana.

Spectacular Member

I don't really like the twin sister thing when tied to the clay origin,It feels clunky.If the problem is power levels,I have been toying with the idea that nubia could be a magic wielding warrior,her combined superhuman amazon abilities with some good selection of spells could allow her to take take on threats of Diana level while still keeping a different flavor,so to speak

(I also like the daughter of Phillips Idea that I have seen in these forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "All hail the Queen!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Maybe it is the nostalgia for the Teela origin episode of HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, but I prefer the Pre-Crisis twin Sister origin even though she was more powerful than Diana. I feel like the core concept of family forcibly separated in the past has gotten repeated in the modern era several times (Perez and Antiope; WML and Antiope but with very icky new details; and Gail and Thena's moms of the Citizenry)

^ Why does she look so hard in the face? In those images she needs a FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    ^ Why does she look so hard in the face?
    She's drawn with non-European features. That's it.

No, African features are beautiful. Those are hard features, there's a difference. You can look African, feminine and strong at the same time, without looking hard.

No, African features are beautiful. Those are hard features, there's a difference. You can look African, feminine and strong at the same time, without looking hard.

The artist of the above Nubia is Reina Koyano. I found this really interesting and thought I'd share. It explains the sneakers.

This looks nothing like how Nubia has ever been drawn in the comics. It looks more like a teenage Instagram model cosplaying as Nubia. The picture I posted isn't any less feminine or beautiful and still looks like Nubia.

This looks nothing like how Nubia has ever been drawn in the comics. It looks more like a teenage Instagram model cosplaying as Nubia. The picture I posted isn't any less feminine or beautiful and still looks like Nubia.
    Mine is an actual alternate cover fully sanctioned by D.C. Comics. Yours are fan art, so mine wins because it's more authentic.

THAT is Nubia. Love love LOVE the face, the body, the muscles and the overall look!!!
    My only nitpick is that I prefer Nubia dressed in her own, unique, non-Wonder Woman-evoking colors. She is still Diana's sister, but her colors should be evocative of herself

She looks like Dabness Brickey, the man Vanessa Huxtable brought home from college.