Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Niffleheim

It has been only one singular story about the adana: mother of evil but I hope it isn't the end of him writing Blade.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I believe Hill may have confirmed the book will be getting a relaunch after Blood Hunt to signal a new phase for the book.

Mighty Member

Yea we know this leads into bloodhunt and that he said he's nor done with Blade and that's all he can say. We do get a bit of a continuation technically in the midnight sons mini series by him

Mighty Member

Bloodhunt 3 and 4

Mighty Member

Midnight Sons #2 and Miles Morales #21

I have a feeling this event is going to end with Blade becoming the new lords of vampires. It really does seem like everything the last few years has been building to that. His new relationship with Dracula and all that

Mighty Member

I'm also happy to see Bloodline still getting stories and not at the expense of Blade. Like we can have both develop. Really interested to see what they do with her

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm worried the final issue will feel a bit underwhelming. After a year of build up, it seems like the fight between Blade and Adana should go for a few issues, especially with all of this new power that Blade has built up that it seems like Hill has been waiting to display. Hill gave him a supernatural arsenal, the devil's sword, dracula's powers, and the ability to summon a sorcerer from hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    Does Hill's Blade run end with Issue #10? I really hope not. This is the best version of Blade I've seen outside of the first two Snipes's movies.
    Yeah… plus 10 issues seems like a rather arbitrary number. They could def have gotten another two out of this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I believe Hill may have confirmed the book will be getting a relaunch after Blood Hunt to signal a new phase for the book.
    That’s good news.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Unlettered preview for issue 10, https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/21/bl...dana-blade-10/

First look at the big fight, Blade is already turning into smoke

Niffleheim

great I've been enjoying his writing a lot and I'm intrigued where the story will go after Blood Hunt
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Unlettered preview for issue 10, https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/21/bl...dana-blade-10/

First look at the big fight, Blade is already turning into smoke
    Man I've always thought this was the vampire power that would be the coolest for Blade to have. Love seeing it in action.

Does seem like there was a bit of an editorial mistake. Somehow Adana has the lightbringer again after we saw Blade give it to Dracula a few issues ago.

Mighty Member

Really good podcast with Bryan Hill on his approach to Blade, and this is what I love to hear. He has the idea that Blade should essentially be like Dante in Devil May Cry in how powerful he is, so his mission with this first arc was to level him up

Also he's been indirectly confirming that the book is relaunching after Bloodhunt
    Last edited by Tracks; 03-23-2024 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm also happy to see Bloodline still getting stories and not at the expense of Blade. Like we can have both develop. Really interested to see what they do with her

This hairstyle needs to die.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

...wait, since when do vampires have reflections?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Very true...maybe its because they have a unique chemistry to them or is that only the main group(can't recall the group name assigned to them atm).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's going against guggenheim's blade run that made it canon that creatures without souls have no reflection but then again I can't stand his writing so I don't mind other writers crapping on his stories (I still remember his X-Men Gold)