Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So is issue #10 the end of the series?

Mighty Member

Hill is hinting that it's just relaunching after Blood Hunt

Mighty Member

Is Dracula using lightbringer in these previews? I was hoping Blade would get that sword back

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/da...t-interview/#8

Incredible Member

I did not realize that they had gotten around to manifesting the BLADE has a Slayer Daughter idea...
    (From the MARVEL July solicits )

"The vampire scourge continues to ravage Earth as the BLOOD HUNT rages on – and DRACULA must move to assert his place in the hierarchy of the night! That is, if he can convince Brielle Brooks, A.K.A. Bloodline, to bend to his will – unfortunately, she’s a teenage girl, and convincing her of anything will take every resource the immortal Lord of Vampires has at his disposal…"
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    didn't this story have an ambiguous ending, like, with Blade captured or something? I thought it was weird that it was never followed-up on.

Mighty Member

Wow July is all Blood Hunt. I think its interesting they've kept Blade's role in it all secret. Probably because his fight with the Adana shifts things a bit for him. Seems like he's actually the adversary in the midnight sons series....and he's no where to be found while Dracula is with Brielle.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I did not realize that they had gotten around to manifesting the BLADE has a Slayer Daughter idea...
    It took them awhile to get from concept to print but about a year ago or so it happened. I think her first appearance was in Free Comic Book Day issue 2022. Then she had a mini series and we are off to the races with her in full blown continuity.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It certainly took a while. The idea was originally announced years ago but the original writer Tim Seely stepped down because he felt as a white guy it was not his place to introduce a new black female character for Blade.

Which he meant well but then Marvel basically sat on the character for years before finally releasing the Bloodline book a year or 2 ago.

Mighty Member

Oh nah, Blade is on another level:

preview: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/19/ma...view-blade-10/

Cool stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This hairstyle needs to die.
    No chance. For every generation...there is an undercut... that name though..."Bloodline"? Works as a book title but doesn't sound like a person. Kind of like, but less successful as, when they called Mar-Vell's son "Legacy".
    I hoped that Blade's Daughter would be more of a bantu knots no nonsense type of action gal but hairstyles can always change...

what was this about the Ali Blade movie initially supposedly being a period piece? When exactly was it supposed to take place, originally?

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/entertainm...vertelemetry=1

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what was this about the Ali Blade movie initially supposedly being a period piece? When exactly was it supposed to take place, originally?

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/entertainm...vertelemetry=1
    Reports are still conflicting as the project evolves. Some early rumored that it was to be set in the 1920s but as recently as yesterday the "update" was that it was moved to the present day. What seems to be the constant is that the plot involves Lilith and Blade's Daughter and that it will have an R rating...

I'm not banking on it happening. It's almost lost its Oscar winning star already as Mahershala Ali almost pulled out over displeasure with the project and the Ryan Coogler Black Vamp Period Piece moviemay still any thunder BLADE may have left in its chamber.

It's unfortunate this couldn't have been a combo deal with MARVEL. Sounds like the Coogler film could easily have been converted into an expansion of the BLADE lore and everyone would win.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-20-2024 at 06:03 AM.