Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I think the daughter stuff has always just been shoved in regardless ever since they cast a Black girl in an unknown role YEARS ago. I think a lot of the reports of these movies are throwing stuff at the wall honestly. At some point over the last few years they've said ghost rider, moon knight, black knight, Dr. Strange, Lilith, Dracula, Mephisto, etc. are in the movie.

The only thing I'd guess is there's going to be some set up for ghost rider, just because he's probably the most popular marvel character at this point who hasn't been in the MCU, with no released plans for his inclusion in the MCU, and with a Midnight Suns movie rumored that is going to need his inclusion.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Having Nic Pizzolatto (hey, I like True Detective seasons 1-3) as a writer is a plus but if they loose Ali I probably am done with looking forward to the movie. It doesn't seem like a priority for the studio or they would get their heads out of their collective a...s and its just beyond frustrating because I really love the first two Blade movies.

Mighty Member

Midnight Sons #3 of 3

Blood Hunt #5 of 5

Black Panther: Blood Hunt #3 of 3

I have a feeling Blade might become the real villain after this fight with the Adana

Mighty Member

So after the finale, I think this ranks as my #1 Blade comic story

1. Blade: Mother of Evil by Hill

2. Tomb of Dracula (2004)

3. Avengers: Kingdom of Vampires (2018)

4. Captain Britain and MI:13: Vampire State

5. Crescent City Blues

6. Vampire State One-Shot

Niffleheim

That ending tells me we haven't seen the last of her and she could be the cause of whatever will happen in Blood Hunt.

This is the best Blade run to recommend to someone that is interested in the character.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

This was a solid ending to a fantastic run.

Fantastic Member

It's the best Blade comic I've ever read. Hill gets the character, what makes him cool, and then Hill expanded on it. I hope that Blood Hunt is as good as this run, and that Hill will get another crack at Blade again. I do have some tiny quibbles, and they are just that, tiny quibbles, about the run, but it's way better than most of the other stories I've seen Blade in.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Blade's plan was like a magician. He had Adana looking one way while the real threat came from another way.
    I like that pride did not get in the way of the win. Team Blade-1, Adana-0
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This was hands down the best Blade run of all time. Nothing even comes close to what Hill did in this run.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Blade's plan was like a magician. He had Adana looking one way while the real threat came from another way.
    I like that pride did not get in the way of the win. Team Blade-1, Adana-0
    Like became the perfect supernatural weapon. Adana wasn't lying, he really embraced every aspect of evil to beat her, but he really made short work once he fully embraced that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    It's the best Blade comic I've ever read. Hill gets the character, what makes him cool, and then Hill expanded on it. I hope that Blood Hunt is as good as this run, and that Hill will get another crack at Blade again. I do have some tiny quibbles, and they are just that, tiny quibbles, about the run, but it's way better than most of the other stories I've seen Blade in.
    I agree, there are some tiny things. Some times certain plot points seem like they get pushed through too quickly or are anticlimactic. Hill also isn't too heavy handed, so the subtle aspects of character development through the story can be hard to miss.

Also I missed this the first time, but the last page confirms they're relaunching Blade after Bloodhunt
    Last edited by Tracks; 04-24-2024 at 08:07 PM.

Amazing Member

Great run. Pacing in the middle was a little off and I think Adana went out in a slightly underwhelming manner but overall this is one of the best, tightest books Marvel's done in a while. Issues 1 to 5 are a lesson in doing a lot with a little.

Mighty Member

New images from Blade in the upcoming Midnight Suns mini by Hill

Full interview: https://www.cbr.com/bryan-hill-blood...ew-first-look/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I dont want ro many series for money reasons but the relaunch if really good i am considering it. Blade 1-10 was good when read but i didnt buy it yet lol
    X-Men Forever

hopefully the trade paperback comes out soon. I'd like to see this to read it in one setting.