Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Oh ok but I'd probably keep the physique. It allows you to tell them apart easily.
    I would keep the physique for superman as well.Superman being big dude is what i like
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    If I was doing it, I'd go with late teens/early twenties. The simulation would have him as a full adult- but his actual physical body might be a bit younger. The personality of a grad student but the body of a high school senior/college freshman.
    Like the radio show? Could be cool, I think a take like that would necessitate no Kara or Krypto though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We could argue than My adventures with Superman is an "ultimate version" of Superman. Basically an update of the origin keeping the core elements of the character.
    But how much to change the surronding without making it look like it is an Elseworlds tale?

By making a list of things you CANNOT change. You can deviate or innovate on the details, but the core you must keep it:

He is an alien orphan child from a doomed planet than exploded. (You can change the cause if you like: natural proccess? A conspiracy? A great menace?)

He is raised on earth by a kindly couple in the countryside (they can be young, older, live when he is adult, one of them died, whatever).

Lana Lang was his first love (did she knew about his powers? Was she a Lois Lane lite ? Did she stay in Smallville or leave? did she loved him or was just a friend?)

He starts as Superman when he arrives to Metropolis (was he Superboy before? Did he had secret activity in the world before? Did he travel to train in the future with the Legion? )

His greatest love is Lois Lane, a big city girl. (Is she a veteran writer or a begginer like him? Prized journalist or struggling reporter wanting to show her value?)

His biggest enemy is Lex Luthor, the smartest man of the world (did he knew him in Smallville? Was his friend then? Did they meet for the first time in Metropolis? Is he rich? Is he already a known criminal? Is he an admired philantropist?)

His debut changes the world (it happened in real life, you know? You have to transmit the feeling than with Superman, thing wouldn't be the same as before. So either you could have superheroes or superbeings before him or making him be the first one, but the feeling than after him the paradigm changes.)

All other elements can vary according how you want to interpret the character. And according what kind of story you pretend to told, you must alter the details of the origin keeping this traits unchanged.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-04-2024 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add info
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, hence why I put Superman in quotes. Still a cool Superman suit design.
    Eh IÂ’m not entirely sure about that

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Sook shared some concept art of the “Superman” from Future’s End. The top left and bottom right designs are kinda cool, minus the headpiece I’d love an Ultimate Superman suit that took inspiration from those. Also dig bottom left but that feels more like a Steel design with all the gray.
    Yeah I wish I had Photoshop to tweak one of these

Edit: I'd be horrified to see how rough this is in high res, but it's what I did on my android
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Edit: I'd be horrified to see how rough this is in high res, but it's what I did on my android
    I like it! Reminds me of the Smallville S11 suit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

*looks back*

Jeez, maybe I subconsciously ripped that off lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

*looks back*

Totally off topic but since your PM box is full I'm just going to ask you here in hopes you see it lol. The SuperWonder and Clois threads have an annoying shipper war going on where the two constantly see to stay "on top" of each other. Every time one of them gets bumped the other one gets bumped too. Can you knock some of the old threads we've got pinned right now and pin those two up there instead? We can probably take down the pinned thread for BvS news at this point

Trunks or no trunks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Trunks or no trunks ?
    First strongman suit from a circus and then shifts to tshirt and jeans.Then ultimately tom strong suit.
    I also think ultimate superman book should be called..Superman of earth(american alien is cooler but that's taken) like say john carter of mars.

https://www.deviantart.com/luisf47/a...rman-884037885

I liked this guy's take. So I'm curious what he would do with an Ultimate Superman title.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I like it! Reminds me of the Smallville S11 suit.
    *looks back*

I do like the two-tone blue on this look (subconsciously ripped off or not )

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    First strongman suit from a circus and then shifts to tshirt and jeans.Then ultimately tom strong suit.
    I also think ultimate superman book should be called..Superman of earth(american alien is cooler but that's taken) like say john carter of mars.
    T-shirt and jeans should be the first look tbh.

I’m gonna be going to a lot of conventions starting in the summer because I have a lot that I’m announcing. A lot of books that I’m going out there to support. It’ll be very noisy. I can’t say everything I’m working on yet, but I know there's rumors out there. Some are right, some are wrong. So I'm not going to say what's what. But yes, I'll be very present come summer into fall, into winter, into spring. So you also get to skip the line at conventions. You have a period of time before I do a signing at every convention where it's just for paid subscribers.
    We need to be taking all kinds of swings all over the place with creators that are passionate about what they're doing and bringing things to the table that is them operating at the top of their game, whether that's doing a really radically new concept or diving back into a world they know well and slowly building something amazing. It's just that. So I'm really excited. I think that it's a great period for superhero comics. Indie comics have been flowering for a long time and are doing awesome. But just as a side note, I think superhero comics are about to have a great moment or are actively having a great moment, and it's only going to get better. Okay, bye!
    https://bestjackettpress.substack.co...-action-packed

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    T-shirt and jeans should be the first look tbh.
    That's the normal wisdom and how superhero stories normally work.i think going the reverse is my ideal