Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The X-File fan in me still wants/needs to see S10&11 I just haven't.
    When it was revived I wasn't able to see S10, was it on F/X, and I didn't have cable(still don't).
    Since then I've heard chunks about it, like this thread, but still want to see it.
    Amazon Prime has it via Freevee so I may watch it that way in the months ahead now, commercials and all. *eyeroll*
    Trust, you’re not missing anything.

If you must, only watch “Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-Monster” from season 10 and call it a day.

I Want to Believe was actually okay to me too.

My biggest issue with the revival seasons is that it retcons or ignores significant moments and character development from the original series. It tries so hard to stick to the status quo (Mulder and Scully with their more classic/recognizable traits, solving little mysteries together) that it disregards so much of what came before. Scully doesn't work as the skeptic after the role reversal in season 6 and seasons 8&9 where Doggett plays the role of the skeptic, and neither of them should act surprised when characters like Joel McHale's Alex Jones take rant about conspiracies and secret organizations. There is also that underlying question of do aliens exist or not.

Like, yes, they do exist, and of course there are secret organizations with their fingers in their government. It's almost like they treat the first few seasons or so as canon, and have selective memory of events in the rest of the show, except for William. The way they treated Monica for example just didn't make sense and didn't track with her character up to that point, in my opinion. For that reason I treat the X-Files revival like a soft reboot where only some things are canon.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I more or less agree. I go with a fusion canon of the show and GRRM's work. I do think the show streamlined some things, added positive touches/elements, so I don't entirely cut the show of the my headcanon. I only accept into my head canon some portions of seasons 6-8, but only until the final two GRRM books come out. Then I will once and for all decide what's in and out of my GoT/ASOIAF headcanon with more concreteness.

So far, like none of House of the Dragon is in my headcanon, because I really like the deeply opaque ambiguity we get in the Fire & Blood (Vol 1) book, which might be my favorite GRRM book.
    I actually stopped watching GOT after the first five seasons, so I don't know what happened in seasons 6-8. Judging from what I've heard ,I made a good call. Yeah I love Fire and Blood too, it has a lot going on coz it is told like a chronicle and I guess because it is 'disputed' pov/narrative the show has freedom to tweak things a lot more. Season 1 was good for a start