Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wonder if we'll ever find out what the full Hickman plan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever find out what the full Hickman plan was.
    I would EAT UP an outline of what the plan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I would EAT UP an outline of what the plan was.
    But then the rest of us couldn’t read it!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

Pretty great interview with lots of interesting tidbits. Nice to see some self awareness and humor about amber.

The Cyclops-Gregor explanation didn’t fully pass the smell test, but at least it shows some thinking behind it.

I’m glad there is official acknowledgment that this is not Hickman’s ending. I would have loved to see his version, but once he left that only thing I needed was acknowledgement that they are not following his direction. I don’t need the tell all in a few years either, because there is no point since it is not how the Krakoan era is ending.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Honestly I appreciate the transparency. It would have been easy for them to ride off Hickman’s coattails with this finale when they’re clearly doing something different (I highly doubt the final dominion was going to be an Essex back in 2019).
    yeah I feel like the writers took Sinister Secrets and took it to it's most boring end - the guy who knows everything is the big bad

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    yeah I feel like the writers took Sinister Secrets and took it to it's most boring end - the guy who knows everything is the big bad
    Yeah, it is a choice that closes off a lot of storytelling potential.

Villains + Journalist gives you a minimum of two characters, with lots of storytelling possibilities (how does the journalist get their information, what is the relationship between the two, what will each character do when the secrets get revealed, etc.). It is like in Uncanny Avengers, how Ben Urich and Kingpin are different characters, so you get the story of (1) Who knows the truth? and (2) What deal do I have to make to get Kingpin on the record.

The current writers collapsed it all into one character (sure, there are different Sinisters, but they are essentially the same character), so they miss out on the friction of character dynamics. It would be like if Uncanny Avengers had Ben Urich in the Kingpin role (the one who knows the truth), so the only story is ... Ben Urich writes a tell all.

There is no storytelling potential of how Sinister knows these secrets, because he is behind these secrets.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Honestly I appreciate the transparency. It would have been easy for them to ride off Hickman’s coattails with this finale when they’re clearly doing something different (I highly doubt the final dominion was going to be an Essex back in 2019).
    Well, I feel like Hickman would’ve eventually corrected things if he lied and said they’re closely following Hickman’s plan. So he had to ignore the question or be honest. Plus, Duggan and Gillen might think this is awesome and want the credit.

Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #235 - Kieron Gillen Discusses 'Rise of the Powers of X' #1

Oooh the Enigma crown image from Defenders Beyond.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #235 - Kieron Gillen Discusses 'Rise of the Powers of X' #1

Oooh the Enigma crown image from Defenders Beyond.
    Oh this is a nice surprise, I thought we were getting Peach Momoko tomorrow. I can't wait to read how Gillen and Ewing coordinated the Enigma revelations!