Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #234 – Jordan D. White Discusses ‘Fall of the House of X’ #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/01/08/x-...he-house-of-x/

AIPT: Finally, what can you tease about Fall of the House of X #2? Well, and I guess Rise of the Powers of X #1, which is this week.

Jordan: Well, Rise of the Powers of X #1 is 360 degrees in the other direction and nothing like Fall of the House of X, but it is awesome. If you’ve been reading X-Men and Immortal X-Men, you already know how different Gerry and Kieron’s approaches are to stories and what kinds of stories they tell. But these are going to dovetail together in a big way. So this is going to be coming from a completely different angle. We’ve teased very little about what the actual content of Rise of the Powers of X is. It kicks off 10 years in the future after the mutants have lost and that is 100% true. But what that means for the entire series remains to be seen and I think people will be surprised by that, as well as who our actual cast ends up being and what they’re trying to do.

As for Fall of the House of X #2, I’m working on it now. It’s great stuff and continues the crazy action. It’s paying off more big things that we’ve had in the hopper for a while, and things start looking a little worse for Orchis. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they look great for the X-Men just yet. It’s a rough road ahead.

A few eXclusive preview images from Rise of the Powers of X #1 and other upcoming X-comics:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Before we wrap, a few exciting announcements regarding upcoming editions of X-Men Monday.

First, in case you missed it, rising comics superstar Peach Momoko is coming to X-Men Monday to discuss her upcoming Ultimate X-Men series — and you have a chance to ask her a question! Please submit any questions by January 9, 2024 at 5 PM ET.

Then, Kieron Gillen will be answering questions about Rise of the Powers of X #1 in the next edition of X-Men Monday, so look for that call for questions this Wednesday on this very website.

I found myself skimming through a lot of it. Like the actual FotHX issue it couldn’t expand much on anything.

I think one of the reasons why Hickmans start worked so well here on the forums is that we have users who love to look for the reasoning behind. The clues hidden in pages, dissecting scenes. When the answer is: well we liked that design or we wanted to try something new. Then the reasoning becomes less engaging. Hickman had a reason behind the smaller stuff and we have users who expect that.

The other thing I took away: This is not Hickmans end and we aren’t trying to pretend it is. No selling it up as even built on his notes.

Even if Hickman some time in the future would give us his “end”. It probably would not be the original end since things have changed. Also it would need at least six issues since people want big answers to big ideas. So that ship as it was has sailed. What we have is what we get.
    Last edited by Malachi; 01-08-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Darkchylde Magik is a bit of a surprise considering her arc in RoX.

I’m actually really excited for Peach’s interview. We know so little about Ultimate X-Men and I’ve become more open to whatever their take on the franchise might be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Darkchylde Magik is a bit of a surprise considering her arc in RoX.

I’m actually really excited for Peach’s interview. We know so little about Ultimate X-Men and I’ve become more open to whatever their take on the franchise might be.
    She can grow horns without going full-darkchild. It could be her deciding she needs to tap into more power for this fight, it could be her trying to intimidate a prisoner during an interrogation. Or it could be that she's so enraged her darker side is coming out to an extent. Just having a more demonic appearance alone doesn't contradict her arc in Realm of X or previous stories. Now if she truly loses control, goes full Darkchild, and turns into a villain, that would indeed go against everything they've done with her for the last few years, including Realm of X.

I am ready for some RB Silva art. And I never really like his interviews but he seems to have checked out.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I am ready for some RB Silva art. And I never really like his interviews but he seems to have checked out.
    he's really utilizing that "o" face quite a bit isn't he

Are you saying he's Greg Land level

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Jazz hands!

Also

Jordan: Well, Rise of the Powers of X #1 is 360 degrees in the other direction and nothing like Fall of the House of X, but it is awesome.

Sorry, we know what was meant and it's normal to typo (or is it a typo?), but I couldn't resist.

I'm glad Lorna winning the vote actually mattered. It didn't feel much like it did when she was only in half the X-Men run and that half didn't really address much with her (even though it was still the best she's been written in the past decade), but it does feel like it matters now with her this big showing. I'm a little surprised they're still looking over issue 2, but I suppose it's high profile enough that they want to make sure all's fine before it goes to print.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Scott should not know anything about OS being behind Orchis or anything like that because that never happened in Moira's lives and by the only scene we can see where she told anyone about AI is brought up she never told Xavier or Magneto enough about the machines because they asked her if she ever tried to ally with them. (It does make the Krakoa hard line stance against any sort of AI a bit odd though). Also, as Hickman likes to parallel things in his story here, if OS was revealed to have been only telling Killian a version of the truth it stood to reason that Moira was as well.

So why does Scott 'know' somethng Alia does not? Because Duggan wanted it to play out that way, and it is probably better read as him just making something up which turned out to be true.

Also, does White not consider the Disassembled -> Age of X-Man event a closing of an era?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Are you saying he's Greg Land level
    LMAO.

Also White explciitly states "This is NOT Jonathan Hickman's ending."

Well that killed any excitement I had for this ending.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Sorry, we know what was meant and it's normal to typo (or is it a typo?), but I couldn't resist.

I'm glad Lorna winning the vote actually mattered. It didn't feel much like it did when she was only in half the X-Men run and that half didn't really address much with her (even though it was still the best she's been written in the past decade), but it does feel like it matters now with her this big showing. I'm a little surprised they're still looking over issue 2, but I suppose it's high profile enough that they want to make sure all's fine before it goes to print.
    LMAO! I chuckled when I read the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LMAO.

Also White explciitly states "This is NOT Jonathan Hickman's ending."

Well that killed any excitement I had for this ending.
    Honestly I appreciate the transparency. It would have been easy for them to ride off Hickman’s coattails with this finale when they’re clearly doing something different (I highly doubt the final dominion was going to be an Essex back in 2019).

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can't wait for Krakoa Forever in a few decades, written by Jonathan Hickman and featuring his ending to his own story

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad Werneck wanted to give Lorna something of her own, and not just a straight Magneto costume. Also happy to see the X-Men vote still having a positive effect on Polaris.