Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Attachment 138631

I cant wait for DD Born Again. Frank is back and the story sounds awesome.
    Hopefully this will put to rest the notion that Disney/Marvel supposedly thinks that Frank or his old symbol has become too toxic or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hopefully this will put to rest the notion that Disney/Marvel supposedly thinks that Frank or his old symbol has become too toxic or whatever.
    Hopefully. If what I am hearing about the story it looks like they are trying to clean up the whole symbol mess with having dirty cops wearing Franks skull. I love the idea.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Hopefully. If what I am hearing about the story it looks like they are trying to clean up the whole symbol mess with having dirty cops wearing Franks skull. I love the idea.
    Yikes! Eerily reminiscent of Rosenberg's run from 2018

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-04-2024 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yikes! Eerily reminiscent of Rosenberg's run from 2018

if they have that scene in there, ha! wild. it's going to get a lot of unhinged folks triggered in real life, unfortunately. "thin blue line" culture continues, regardless of what Gerry Conway thinks of it, unfortunately.

He's a guy that only feels alive when he's killing and fighting. Jason Aaron didn't invent that concept. It's so weird that people find this take so offensive when this is something so many writers, notably Ennis, emphasized. Punisher has also worked with evil organizations and been manipulated a zillion times over the years. None of this is new.
    I never liked that take. I know it's become the popular one, and I blame a lot of that on Ennis, but the idea that Punisher is just some emotionless monster. It robs the character of personality and tragedy. The early books showed a Punisher that was sad, lost, broken, and angry, but still human. They devoted entire pages in his Amory book the the toy pistol his son used to play with and the mini-pistol he tried to give his wife and she didn't want it. They established that he would go to the park everyday on the anniversary of his family's death and fly a kite.

There were even times some of his humanity would show through when dealing with Microchip or any kids he might encounter, and he would try to hide or push it down, but it was still there.

Punisher may be a monster, but he shouldn't be an inhuman one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never liked that take. I know it's become the popular one, and I blame a lot of that on Ennis, but the idea that Punisher is just some emotionless monster. It robs the character of personality and tragedy. The early books showed a Punisher that was sad, lost, broken, and angry, but still human. They devoted entire pages in his Amory book the the toy pistol his son used to play with and the mini-pistol he tried to give his wife and she didn't want it. They established that he would go to the park everyday on the anniversary of his family's death and fly a kite.

There were even times some of his humanity would show through when dealing with Microchip or any kids he might encounter, and he would try to hide or push it down, but it was still there.

The grounded Frank is the better Frank, to me. It shouldn't be the guy shooting from a distance at people who dump litter (I'm halfway remembering some sequences in the early 80s before the first solo mini-series); he shouldn't be depicted as blowing up an entire apartment building to get at one drug pusher, etc. He was thankfully evolved past the portrayal in those earliest 70s appearances, manipulated by the Jackal, etc.
    An appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man (writer: Mr. Bendis) reduced him to just another gun-happy maniac to web up and that's it. It's a tired trope.

Attachment 138631

I cant wait for DD Born Again. Frank is back and the story sounds awesome.
    The GOAT is BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

For what it's worth, Carl Potts certainly kept things interesting (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, Carl Potts certainly kept things interesting (IMHO):

I loved this. I love Carl Potts.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    The GOAT is BACK
    That he is. With a vengeance. I cant wait for this series to come out. If it is a big success I see Frank getting his own series or a movie.

Ditto. The constant delays have been excruciating...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-21-2024 at 04:42 AM.

i hope that there gets to be a standalone special for the MCU Punisher by Bernthal. Even if an ongoing series isn't in the works yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope that there gets to be a standalone special for the MCU Punisher by Bernthal. Even if an ongoing series isn't in the works yet.
    I would love this.