Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Wars: Mandalorian and Grogu-The Movie announced

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-and-grogu

Unclear whether this is meant to be the same project as the "wrap up the Disney+ storylines" movie mentioned, which I thought was going to be Filoni directing, but if it is, guess they decided to go with a more experienced movie director (Filoni's sole other movie directing credit is the Clone Wars pilot film).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

That can't be the actual name of the movie is it? The title makes it seem like a kids cartoon.

I wonder how many hours Pascal will spend on set for this? Three ...or four?

Kind of sounds like say, "Ant-Man and the Wasp"-not exactly the most inventive title.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm thinking it's not the actual title.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm thinking it's not the actual title.
    Yeah, they probably just wanted everyone to know who it was about without having to explain.

Although it'd be funny it was about Bo Katan and Grogu. I mean, it's not called, "Grogu & Din."

Yeah, SW films do occasionally change titles in production. Even Star Wars itself had a script title of "The Star Wars", ROTJ originally had "Revenge" instead of Return etc. Think even clapperboards for ESB had "Star Wars II".

Of course there was "Blue Harvest" but that was simply a cover name for the production to deter journalists and fans who wanted to sneak onto the set/locations.

TPM is interesting, for the longest time it was just "Episode One" with script stage mainly giving it the title "The Beginning".

"The Phantom Menace" didn't really show up until the first trailer or so was released, if you look at a lot of the first waves of merchandise such as the action figure packaging, they simply say "Episode One" on them as well, perhaps because they were already in production before Lucas settled on TPM.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-11-2024 at 06:21 AM.

I hope they don't stick with that title and I hope this isn't a stealth Bo-Katan movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they don't stick with that title and I hope this isn't a stealth Bo-Katan movie.
    I don't think so I think Disney greenlit this just so they could remind the public of Grogu and sell toys. I mean honestly "Baby Yoda" and Baby Groot were probably the two biggest money makers for them in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't think so I think Disney greenlit this just so they could remind the public of Grogu and sell toys. I mean honestly "Baby Yoda" and Baby Groot were probably the two biggest money makers for them in the last decade.
    This comment is giving me "Spaceballs" flashbacks.

Yeah, I'm sure this is just a working title. I have to wonder how far they'll go with Grogu on a feature film budget. Would they go full CG or just have a more advanced puppet? I would imagine the latter with a few CG enhanced scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This comment is giving me "Spaceballs" flashbacks.

Yeah, I'm sure this is just a working title. I have to wonder how far they'll go with Grogu on a feature film budget. Would they go full CG or just have a more advanced puppet? I would imagine the latter with a few CG enhanced scenes.
    They seem to like doing practical effects when ever they can so I don't see that changing
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Niffleheim

should the movie touch on mandalore and the mythosaur or should it completely ignore it?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Wonder if there will be a dedication or acknowledgement that Karga has passed with Carl Weather's death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if there will be a dedication or acknowledgement that Karga has passed with Carl Weather's death.
    I hope so; Weathers deserved it, and basically made Karga a character, since he was originally supposed to die the villain of the opening arc.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Aside from simply paying him his respects, Mando and Grogu settled down on Nevarro. It would feel odd to pick up with them there and not feature Karga, so it makes sense to address his absence.

RIP Carl Weathers

I wonder if they had filmed any scenes with him already?