Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah it was explicitly stated that Dominions are beyond space and time and they survive time resets, but as others have said there may be a loop hole. My guess is the Trickster Dominion will have something to do with it.

But to the actual issue, it was pretty good, but gods damned if you haven't been keeping up with the current titles and rereading the wiki you will be lost as all get out.

The art was gorgeous, but is there a new colorist than before? It looks a little sterile compared to HOX/POX
    I guess a loophole is probably the way to go. My issue (currently) is that its too contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So wait why didnt the dominion work in this issue? Rasputin said she was too late but it still worked out for them.

There was A LOT going on. What two dominions were there?
    My understanding is the Enigma achieves Dominion through the Essex clones. The initial dominion was summoned by AI Orchis but then Statis killed it but was consumed by Enigma before Statis could consume it.

Rasputin is part of the team trying to prevent Enigma from becoming a dominion in the "current timeline" so Orchis getting Dominion didn't matter to her but she wasn't able to get there before Statis tried to eat it.

I need to reread the issue. However my minor quips are... Emma in black (just stop), Tony Stark AI & Ms. Marvel... I'm sorry lets stick to the actual X-Men. There are so many of them. I can read Wolverine, Ms. Marvel, and Iron Man in an Avengers book.

This isn't hitting like the the HoX did, but I'm not expecting it to either. I am very disappointed that Hickman didn't come back to close it out.

The Krakoan era could arguably be more Duggan's era than Hickmans.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it’s funny that Gillen was like, “nobody has guessed who it is!” Probably because everyone thought it’d be someone more interesting lol.
    While I do recall at least one person saying that (but believe it was never something Gillen saw wherever he looked) he then went on to say it should be obvious because of the vibe of the character design. The character shows up on the cover and 2 1/2 internal panels and the only vibe it gives off is that it is being held together by vines. Yeah, this is about how much I trust any writer to give any hints (or explanations) about their stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hope it’s not a total reset. Use the gun to depower Moira and let the era keep bots and pieces. I woild hate for everything to be wiped clean.
    I thought from the beginning that this was always going to be Hickman's ending.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hope it’s not a total reset. Use the gun to depower Moira and let the era keep bots and pieces. I woild hate for everything to be wiped clean.
    I don’t think it will be for several reasons. But in terms of in story reasoning, the No Place team is still keeping tabs on what’s happening in “our” timeline in Fall and I don’t think they would be doing that if they intended to do a full timeline reboot by killing Moira.

My exact thoughts. Some of it definitely seemed like cosmic gobbledygook, but ultimately this is a far more interesting premise than another grim AU story.

Also I don’t think they’re gonna hit the full reset. Teasing it so early means that we have a lot of twist and turns along the way. As we’ve discussed on these boards a lot in the past few months, there are plenty of ways to go back to a more traditional status quo without retconning this era.
    If they really do reset, what happens to the X-Men if Moira's not involved? And she's a major part of the New Mutants' origin. I suppose they could just depower her somehow without her even knowing...

I think it’s funny that Gillen was like, “nobody has guessed who it is!” Probably because everyone thought it’d be someone more interesting lol.
    For the few seconds he existed in the book, he didn't need to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought from the beginning that this was always going to be Hickman's ending.
    I've suspected that, too, but I don't think I'd like it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    If they really do reset, what happens to the X-Men if Moira's not involved? And she's a major part of the New Mutants' origin. I suppose they could just depower her somehow without her even knowing...
    If they depowered her such that she stays and lives her normal human life, that would get us back to pre-HoX/PoX retcon wouldn't it?

I wonder if the cure she developed in life 3 would work, and if Destiny and Mystique had considered using it on her instead...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Second that
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Rasputin… I know she will do something later on but so far the character doesn’t work for me. She adds nothing new but a blended aesthetic of well known mutants. Not my cup of tea.

The rest was Sinister heavy. The least interesting parts.

Xavier plotting away… bored with it.

The best part was probably a weary Synch. Remy and Raven having a sweet moment.

The scene with Remy and Raven reminded me of another alt universe story. Deaths head II mini with Charnel killing Strange, Daredevil, Spider-man and Punisher but not before they steal a time disk. Enabling the others to go back in time to stop him.

Thank god they brought Silva back for this. It felt like a sequel to Powers of X. His art has really improved. This was a GOOD issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    One other thing, and to be fair maybe this will come up later in the series, but we found out this issue that Moira knows OS came from a future where the mutants won and apparently doesn’t care? That should have been a huge revelation for her, the entire reason she switched sides was because she was convinced the mutants couldn’t win.
    This is the only small flaw in this issue, the non-reaction of robot Moira even though she knows that Karima comes from the future, then does robot Moira know that the mutants won and that their plan had succeeded?
    anyway gillen has to deal with the **** that percy did to moira... then you have to see the next issue to know what will happen now.

In any case very good number fortunately Gillen is there to close Krakoa.

Incredible Member

The problems with time travel and future timelines are on full display in this issue.

Future Timelines = Writer is able to shockingly kill off major characters with impunity or have characters assume different identities. Since it is the future, it doesn't matter to current canon, and the characters you know and love are still alive.

The comic turns up that problem to the Nth degree. I found myself, like Rasputin/Xavier, not caring about what happens.
    Emma is killed by Nimrod? Yawn. Gambit sacrifices himself to buy Mystique time? Whatever. Nimrod is able to be damaged by Apocalypse' power? Sure, whatever.
    Stasis loses, Sinister loses, Orchis loses? Whatever, we have so many more issues left.

If the issue itself renders what happens meaningless, then the actual plot (Xavier's plan) also struggles to fight against this apathy.

When the only interesting things that happen occur in the datapages, that is a major problem with the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The problems with time travel and future timelines are on full display in this issue.

Future Timelines = Writer is able to shockingly kill off major characters with impunity or have characters assume different identities. Since it is the future, it doesn't matter to current canon, and the characters you know and love are still alive.

The comic turns up that problem to the Nth degree. I found myself, like Rasputin/Xavier, not caring about what happens.
    Emma is killed by Nimrod? Yawn. Gambit sacrifices himself to buy Mystique time? Whatever. Nimrod is able to be damaged by Apocalypse' power? Sure, whatever.
    Stasis loses, Sinister loses, Orchis loses? Whatever, we have so many more issues left.

If the issue itself renders what happens meaningless, then the actual plot (Xavier's plan) also struggles to fight against this apathy.

When the only interesting things that happen occur in the datapages, that is a major problem with the writing.
    I think the problem you are having is needing the death to matter. They arent done to garner emotional resonance with the reader and thats definitely not expected the first issue in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think the problem you are having is needing the death to matter. They arent done to garner emotional resonance with the reader and thats definitely not expected the first issue in.
    So Orchis Is just a secondary antagonist

I lost completely track of what’s going on, since that Sinister Dominion storyline. It’s to confusing for me to be honest.

Was anyone else hoping that Miss Sinister is being saved as a reveal? Everyone is looking at the 4 Sinister clones to reach Dominion but i think it would be a good twist if she came out of nowhere to usurp that power from Sinister(s)