Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don't understand how killing Moira defeats Enigma. If he's outside of time won't resetting the timeline be irrelevant?
    This is why time travel stories were to be avoided. Of course it is possible (and honestly should be true) that Xavier has no idea what he is doing playing with time like this and it would not work. On the other hand, at this point I just feel like everything going on with this is being made up as the story goes without any care to rules previously implied or even presented in this story itself. So no sense thinking too much about it, the story seems much more emotional than scientific.

I doubt this one is a misdirect. There was nothing in the solicits for this team outside RoTPoX 1
    The 'team' in PoX did not last long either.

Just had to hop in real quick because work is cray today.

RB Silva art was missed.

Gillen dialogue aces like always.

Loved that we have 3 factions and the he brought back the CotV. Really think their story should have been bigger in this era.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Did not really like this issue. Hopefully it will catch my attention in the next issue. I give it a 6/10
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    I wonder if this is the secretive mission of the dead x-men - to kill Moira
    I'm thinking probably not. I get the feeling she's handling a separate part of the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    So...question, if and when Charles finally kills himself a twelve year old, will the writers and characters in universe stop trying to treat him as some paragon of moral virtues on occasion? Honestly sometimes I think he was better off having stayed dead. It was a lot more interesting than what happened since with him.
    To be fair he's been trying to prevent the activation of Enigma, having stopped Stasis' ascension nine times alone. It seems the new plan is the very last resort.

I don't understand how killing Moira defeats Enigma. If he's outside of time won't resetting the timeline be irrelevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is why time travel stories were to be avoided. Of course it is possible (and honestly should be true) that Xavier has no idea what he is doing playing with time like this and it would not work. On the other hand, at this point I just feel like everything going on with this is being made up as the story goes without any care to rules previously implied or even presented in this story itself. So no sense thinking too much about it, the story seems much more emotional than scientific.
    Or it's going to be explained and we have to *gasp* wait.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So at this point we have seen three of the Essex clones (I refuse to call them Sinisters, they are not except for Diamond) attempts and subsequent failures to achieve Dominion, so I wonder if we will see Stellaris attempt as well (we know he tried and failed as well) or if they will simple skip it (he is definitely the least developed of the Essex clones). Sinister got a whole event, Mother Righteous an arch in Immortal, Stasis an issue in fall. At this point Stellaris might get a couple of panels only.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    So at this point we have seen three of the Essex clones (I refuse to call them Sinisters, they are not except for Diamond) attempts and subsequent failures to achieve Dominion, so I wonder if we will see Stellaris attempt as well (we know he tried and failed as well) or if they will simple skip it (he is definitely the least developed of the Essex clones). Sinister got a whole event, Mother Righteous an arch in Immortal, Stasis an issue in fall. At this point Stellaris might get a couple of panels only.
    Yeah I'm thinking we're going to see an attempt by Orbis. His timeline is redacted on the data page so there seems to be some important reveal connected to it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wasn’t going to pick this up, but seeing people reacting positively I decided to try it. It’s a finely written book very reminiscent of PoX and what Gillen was doing in Immortal up to the SoS. Silva’s art is lovely as usual. Unfortunately, I just don’t care about any of the story being told and the over reliance on time travel is pretty much killing any investment I might have had.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 01-10-2024 at 09:33 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I doubt this one is a misdirect. There was nothing in the solicits for this team outside RoTPoX 1

Yeah it was explicitly stated that Dominions are beyond space and time and they survive time resets, but as others have said there may be a loop hole. My guess is the Trickster Dominion will have something to do with it.

But to the actual issue, it was pretty good, but gods damned if you haven't been keeping up with the current titles and rereading the wiki you will be lost as all get out.

The art was gorgeous, but is there a new colorist than before? It looks a little sterile compared to HOX/POX

The biggest factor in Enigma achieving Dominion was Sinister’s Moira Engine, killing Moira removes the Engine and vastly decelerates Enigma’s ascension. With that out of the way it would only be a matter of finding the Sinister variations and either killing them, containing them, or just convincing them to end their pursuit for Dominion and Enigma is effectively neutered.

So wait why didnt the dominion work in this issue? Rasputin said she was too late but it still worked out for them.

There was A LOT going on. What two dominions were there?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Happy they used Cadena, as she was barely used in the CotV mini series.

Question, was that IronMan or some kind of Krakoa?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Happy they used Cadena, as she was barely used in the CotV mini series.

Question, was that IronMan or some kind of Krakoa?
    Tony A.I. was running the suit

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Tony A.I. was running the suit
    I think it’s funny that Gillen was like, “nobody has guessed who it is!” Probably because everyone thought it’d be someone more interesting lol.

One other thing, and to be fair maybe this will come up later in the series, but we found out this issue that Moira knows OS came from a future where the mutants won and apparently doesn’t care? That should have been a huge revelation for her, the entire reason she switched sides was because she was convinced the mutants couldn’t win.

Mighty Member

I hope it’s not a total reset. Use the gun to depower Moira and let the era keep bits and pieces. I woild hate for everything to be wiped clean.
    Last edited by Rnap22; 01-10-2024 at 07:27 PM.