Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

If the implication that they're going to stop Moira before she originally manifests her mutant gift, meaning she never lived her lives... is this basically going to reset everything for before the Krakoa era started and if so which point will it reset the X-Men as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think the problem you are having is needing the death to matter. They arent done to garner emotional resonance with the reader and thats definitely not expected the first issue in.
    Agreed. They looked fantastic and it allowed Silva to play around with some new designs.

When the timeline collapsed and the attention turned to Xavier and his team I became so very invested. Xavier, Doug (who is dealing with his own issues as a result of Krakoa's illness), Rasputin and the two unnamed characters planning and executing outside time and space is real meaty.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    If the implication that they're going to stop Moira before she originally manifests her mutant gift, meaning she never lived her lives... is this basically going to reset everything for before the Krakoa era started and if so which point will it reset the X-Men as a whole.
    That seems to be what Charles has in mind. "...and Krakoa will never have been and never will be."

I'm over here trying to guess what Rachel's role is and why the "Dead X-Men" are brought in. That book "will revisit the key moments in realities’ past that paved the way to Krakoa as a team of fallen mutants are sent through history by Professor X on a desperate mission to reverse Krakoa’s fate!" I was already looking forward to the series but now even more so after reading this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    One other thing, and to be fair maybe this will come up later in the series, but we found out this issue that Moira knows OS came from a future where the mutants won and apparently doesn’t care? That should have been a huge revelation for her, the entire reason she switched sides was because she was convinced the mutants couldn’t win.
    She 'switched sides' because she was betrayed and became determined to wipe out every mutant. Beyond that there is not enough consistency to make an educated guess as to what she would actually do given the chance. However, I will point out that the fact that OS is here and has stopped that future could be seen by Moira as a loss anyway.

But I guess they only want to reset the timeline back to pre-Hickmann status? So with Jean Grey being resurrected and Age of X-Man ended and Maira a human and dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    But I guess they only want to reset the timeline back to pre-Hickmann status? So with Jean Grey being resurrected and Age of X-Man ended and Maira a human and dead?
    that wouldnt work. Moira was too vital to mutantkind to assume that everything else would be the same were she depowered from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that wouldnt work. Moira was too vital to mutantkind to assume that everything else would be the same were she depowered from the start
    Hmmm.. the other Krakoa ending option would be getting back in time to the first mutant civilization and the islands combined. Or destroy Krakoa when it became the sole island on earth after the split. But that would end mutants at all.

Erasing Moira before her mutation kicks in would mean history turning out differently.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I hope they don't retcon away the Krakoa era.

Who do we think are the other characters with Xavier? Rachel and who else?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I don't think Xavier's plan will succeed, it's just a narrative threat. The chaos that would ensue would impact everything we know. But one of the things that sticks in my head from Moira's first life is how she lived a long life way past where we are now and didn't even know what a Mutant was. That suggests to me that there were never any Sentinels, Genosha, Decimation, etc. in that life. Surely an intelligent woman would have heard that during her life if they existed.

Amazing Member

Remember the storyline right before where they just killed off a bunch of X-Men because it didn't matter? Will they all still be dead? Thunderbird, Banshee, etc.?

I'll admit, I was never a huge Krakoa fan and look forward to more of an old school X-Men in the mansion book...nut simply resetting to before Krakoa causes a whole bunch of issues with dead characters...unless they just yadda yadda it, which I'd actually be fine with.

Hmmm.. the other Krakoa ending option would be getting back in time to the first mutant civilization and the islands combined. Or destroy Krakoa when it became the sole island on earth after the split. But that would end mutants at all.

Erasing Moira before her mutation kicks in would mean history turning out differently.
    I dont think Krakoa will end bc of a time reset. Its no longer viable and I see the nation just staying dissolved

Extraordinary Member

Charles is not trying to prevent Krakoa, though, but rather remove the option for Sinister to create a Moira Farm which could happen even without Krakoa. I think most people recognize that simply killing Moira would be too big of a change to the timeline to be what actually happens and with five more issues (plus X-Men: Forever and whatever contribution FotHoX provides) if there is some sort of event that alters the timeline it will not be that simple.

Astonishing Member

Say hello mcu synergy. Dear God I hope this is a fakeout

What could be interesting is if they go back to young Moira of life 10. This would be a Moira that knows of the previous 9 lives and would be dead set on creating Krakoa, right? Even a conversation with her, telling her what happens in life 10, could change the trajectory of things without having to kill her maybe?

All-New Member

Are they seeing up things to have them go back to pre 13 year old Moria, use the mutant cure on her, which in effect goes back to pre-Krakoan history where Moria has been human the whole time?