Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

I buy comics because I want to support the characters I love, and want more stories of them. I brought a copy and the variants to let Marvel now where my stand on the status quo of the main comics.

Mighty Member

Edge of Spider-verse # 2 1st print sells for nearly $1000 9.8 slabbed. Unslabbed it sells for around $500. A 1st print like this will likely at least retain that $50 value in a few years but obviously isn't worth it if you don't plan to resell. There are much cheaper ways to read this comic, but people see it as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Edge of Spider-verse # 2 1st print sells for nearly $1000 9.8 slabbed.
    How many comics are 9.8, even off the press?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    How many comics are 9.8, even off the press?
    True, but even unslabbed it goes for a ridiculous amount. That's a huge increase even if you paid $50 for it.

Maybe Sony needs to cancel whatever plan they have for Peter Parker after Holland steps down and get to work on adapting Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Maybe Sony needs to cancel whatever plan they have for Peter Parker after Holland steps down and get to work on adapting Hickman's Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Insomniac Spidey Holland works too .

Incredible Member

Just reuse the entire Anyone But You cast. Dermot Mulroney could work as this version of JJ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Heh, I'm from East Yorkshire myself. Hull.
    Hello there.

Edge of Spider-verse # 2 1st print sells for nearly $1000 9.8 slabbed. Unslabbed it sells for around $500. A 1st print like this will likely at least retain that $50 value in a few years but obviously isn't worth it if you don't plan to resell. There are much cheaper ways to read this comic, but people see it as an investment.
    I own two first printings of Edge of Spider-Verse #2. The day it came out, I wasn't sure whether to but so glad I did. The second six months later in a back issues box for...£2! You read that right. How do you get them assessed.? Is that slabbing with the score on the top? Thanks.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 01-19-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

My LCS of ten years is closing for good. I was the first customer there and ever since. Spent a fortune there. Timing sucks with Ultimate Spider-Man just coming out. Will have to find an alternative LCS now. ****.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 01-19-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

I couldn't agree more. Throw in some Marriage era 616 comic influences in the mix as needed and I think there's some top tier material to work for the next live action iteration of Peter Parker after Holland calls it a day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Hello there.

I own two first printings of Edge of Spider-Verse #2. The day it came out, I wasn't sure whether to but so glad I did. The second six months later in a back issues box for...£2! You read that right. How do you get them assessed.? Is that slabbing with the score on the top? Thanks.
    Nice! Yeah a slabbed comic is one that is professionally graded. The grading company that is generally considered the gold standard and likely to hold the most value is CGC. You can send it in to be graded, but there are fees involved including a membership fee. It's probably not worth the fees. Only really high grades (9.8) increase the value of anything contemporary. And getting one is pretty rare even when the comic appears pristine. You're probably better off selling or holding onto it as is. You can see what people are generally willing to pay by checking recent listings on auction sites like ebay.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/

Astonishing Member

Nice! Yeah a slabbed comic is one that is professionally graded. The grading company that is generally considered the gold standard and likely to hold the most value is CGC. You can send it in to be graded, but there are fees involved including a membership fee. It's probably not worth the fees. Only really high grades (9.8) increase the value of anything contemporary. And getting one is pretty rare even when the comic appears pristine. You're probably better off selling or holding onto it as is. You can see what people are generally willing to pay by checking recent listings on auction sites like ebay.

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/
    Thanks for the help. Looked on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...rint&_osacat=0

£300-400 for Edge of Spider-Verse #2 first printings without grading. It's by far the most expensive/valuable comic I own.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Thanks for the help. Looked on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...rint&_osacat=0

£300-400 for Edge of Spider-Verse #2 first printings without grading. It's by far the most expensive/valuable comic I own.
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Throw in some Marriage era 616 comic influences in the mix as needed and I think there's some top tier material to work for the next live action iteration of Peter Parker after Holland calls it a day.
    I think Sony hopes Holland and Zendaya pull a Hugh Jackman and keep playing Peter and MJ for 25 years or so, in which case they would age into the Spider-Marriage era. I reckon they want to introduce a live action Miles Morales after the Spider-Verse films wrap so that they have a teenage hero while also allowing Peter to grow beyond his college years.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Sony hopes Holland and Zendaya pull a Hugh Jackman and keep playing Peter and MJ for 25 years or so, in which case they would age into the Spider-Marriage era. I reckon they want to introduce a live action Miles Morales after the Spider-Verse films wrap so that they have a teenage hero while also allowing Peter to grow beyond his college years.
    The moment they introduce Miles is the moment they're likely going to retire Holland sooner rather than later.