Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Where Paul at?
    I'm here. Paul is my real name.

A very promising start. I must admit that I didn't think I would like Uncle Ben the most. All the characters feel truly themselves, despite their different context. And yes, a whole issue were Peter Parker behaved with dignity, what a relieve.
    "One of Earth's most prominent super heroes" somebody please ask Wells if he agrees with that definition.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Just as most people who enjoyed the issue, I too enjoyed it. The twist on certain characters' characterization was unforseen, but a happy one. Especially Jonah, this makes me wonder why he hates Spider-Man so much. It was said on the surface level, but what did Spider-Man exactly do to get the rage from Jonah.

It was never said what Ben did for a living, I've always felt that Ben always has a way with words, so making him editor makes sense. Ben never said the famous quote, "With great power there must always comes great responsibility", but he associated with it. That makes wonder what quotes was said by him, "Inaction is action" was good one. Hickman's writing of Ben makes it sound like Ben never die and was still around. I hope other writers will use this Ben as a template for other Ben.

Harry not a friend of Peter was a surprising twist, but an okay one, so there are missed relationships are there new relationships of new characters to explore.

This Peter and MJ feels like a team, they have each other's back. MJ knowing that there is something going on with Peter and calls him on it was great.

Astonishing Member

So much to like. The writing, the artwork, the voices of the characters. I think my favourite was Uncle Ben alongside J Jonah Jameson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The spider might have been preserved in some kind of bio-stasis that kept it alive, in case the Maker wanted to empower someone he thought would be more amenable to his goals and ends with it.
    I know, similar to how Captain America was kept on ice until the Avengers found him. Still, this spider may have turned into something else because of the radiation and the stasis. If there are no other spiders (Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Anya Corazon...), this spider might be the key to bring more to this reality, not just Peter.

I haven't read Ultimate Invasion (yet), or any of the backstory to this new continuity, but had absolutely no problem understanding the main beats as presented in this issue.

I liked it, and see a lot of potential, but I don't think I love it quite as much as some of you here. Even if it is the most recognisable Peter's been in comics for some time he's still a bit too passive in what little we've seen. I get that that's the point of his life so far in this universe, but I'm keen to see where it goes rather than seeing more of the same.

Did anyone else notice Matt Murdock wearing glasses? If he's blind, that raises questions about his own powers.
    Last edited by Joe Sidetracked; 01-12-2024 at 05:50 AM.

Judging by the covers, perhaps this version of Peter will change costumes more often. It would make the series less monotone. The creators have more free reign since this is an AU book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Where Paul at?
    He died when Hulk nuked New York.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sidetracked View Post
    I haven't read Ultimate Invasion (yet), or any of the backstory to this new continuity, but had absolutely no problem understanding the main beats as presented in this issue.

I liked it, and see a lot of potential, but I don't think I love it quite as much as some of you here. Even if it is the most recognisable Peter's been in comics for some time he's still a bit too passive in what little we've seen. I get that that's the point of his life so far in this universe, but I'm keen to see where it goes rather than seeing more of the same.

Did anyone else notice Matt Murdock wearing glasses? If he's blind, that raises questions about his own powers.
    Murdock typically dons red glasses. When blind people wear glasses, it's typically about making others comfortable around them, rather than their own needs.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Murdock typically dons red glasses. When blind people wear glasses, it's typically about making others comfortable around them, rather than their own needs.
    Glasses also protect blind people's eyes from the sun.

Was that Jessica Jones with Purple Hair in the News Room of the Daily Bugle?

Anyone else think for a hot sec that Peter was gonna end up being the new Goblin?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Its right in the solicitation for the first issue that this deals with the fallout of Ultimate Invasion. The marketing was saying its the first series set in this new world. The fact that it has world with lore and backstory and already connected series announced already means it can't be Ultimate Spider-Man 2.0. Don't forget when the Ultimate line first launched none of it was planned to be connected, everyone was doing their own thing, there was not even a consensus on these takes should be (see Ultimate Team-Up).

For what its worth also, the book does a good job explaining what happened before and I'm sure things there will be helpful but really its Ultimate Universe #1 thats really key to getting what's happened here.

Thats a choice sure, but it hasn't been true of the Ultimate Line for a long time.
    I know it's on the solicits but this is a new Ultimate Universe with a new Ultimate Spider-man.

Like I said before, I'm going to manage expectations for at least the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yes. But his powers are specifically linked to the accident that blinded him.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sidetracked View Post
    Yes. But his powers are specifically linked to the accident that blinded him.
    That's a very good point.

Just wanted to stop in and say that I really enjoyed USM #1!

I am thrilled with the premise of this book and so happy to see Peter and MJ back as a married couple on a major Spider-Man title. The praise and support I've seen online has been awesome too. Tons of shops selling out on the first day and a second print in the works! It warms my heart and makes me excited to be a Spider-Man fan again!

I can't wait to see more interactions with Peter and his family and hopefully we get a lot fun and endearing family moments out of this book that have been sorely missing from Spider-Man comics for years now.