Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's not 616 so it doesn't really count in the slightest
    Nothing counts. 616 isn’t “real.” It’s just a comic, just like USM.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Back to the real matter at hand this one preview makes this whole run even worse and highlights everything wrong with this run

Spectacular Member

One of the lessons I hope Zeb Wells eventually learns is that what works in one medium will not do so in another. Kingpin's decision to sit this out wouldn't be an issue if this were a TV show, and the fight choreography animation took as long as it did to read the panels. I'd even wager it would be warmly received. "Kingpin didn't explain because the villain is a messy glitch who loves drama." or something similar would be said, fans would laugh, and then continue watching the rest of the episode. The problem is that this is a comic book, where we pay to read every issue, and the writing has been decompressed to its detriment. The writer needs to stop stretching out plots for three books that can be written in one.

Back to the real matter at hand this one preview makes this whole run even worse and highlights everything wrong with this run
    No argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always wonder how much this lady had it out for Peter that she's go through all this trouble just to expose/humiliate him and just that stone-cold response.
    Pete should have kept the degree and done some good with it. and he still has sympathy for Otto after all that the insecure creep did to him. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Pete should have kept the degree and done some good with it. and he still has sympathy for Otto after all that the insecure creep did to him. Shameful.
    Anything interesting happen? Besides Rabble showing up

spoilers:
    Learned more information about madam masque apparently she has magic abilities. She had a heart to heart with Janice so issue ends with them going to have a big brawl in Central Park.
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Learned more information about madam masque apparently she has magic abilities. She had a heart to heart with Janice so issue ends with them going to have a big brawl in Central Park.
    end of spoilers
    That makes no sense to have happen out of nowhere

That makes no sense to have happen out of nowhere
    Not really madam masque wants total control janice wants Harlem

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Not really madam masque wants total control janice wants Harlem
    That part is obvious I'm talking about the other thing with Madame masque
    Does Janice even fight her dad anf does Peter even do anything?
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 01-17-2024 at 05:44 AM.

That part is obvious I'm talking about the other thing with Madame masque
    Does Janice even fight her dad anf does Peter even do anything?
    Naw cover was a lie. Peter didn’t do much had a decent panel but with the way the run been going I don’t have high expectations for him solving this.

Naw cover was a lie. Peter didn’t do much had a decent panel but with the way the run been going I don’t have high expectations for him solving this.
    This whole issue could have been an email. This by far is much worse than Jackpot and probably the worst issue in the long line of bad issues

This whole issue could have been an email. This by far is much worse than Jackpot and probably the worst issue in the long line of bad issues
    based on what? thats an overreaction

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

spoilers:
    Madame Masque has magical, Paul-like sigils and has walked on a world where technology and magic meet.
    end of spoilers

Oh God, not again.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    Madame Masque has magical, Paul-like sigils and has walked on a world where technology and magic meet.
    end of spoilers

Oh God, not again.
    Ya know, the worst part of this for me is i've always been a fan of Madam Mask, she was one of my favorite street-level, plain, good ol' fashioned mobster rogues that really shined on DD and Hawkeye and such. I hope they just retcon this stuff when possible and bring her back on a book where there isn't such high-concept low-quality ballyhoo going on.