Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I dont like coming here exclusively to rant/complain, but man.. Between Zeb's direction and JrJr art, I just dont have enough motivation left to continue with this run..
    Ugh, can we get a new main artist already? I just cant stand JrJr art anymore, the guy cant write faces to save his life ffs

Hey guys, did Betty or Ned eat their kid yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think Wells hit his quota with the vanishing fake kids.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Good one. Welcome back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I dont like coming here exclusively to rant/complain, but man.. Between Zeb's direction and JrJr art, I just dont have enough motivation left to continue with this run..
    Ugh, can we get a new main artist already? I just cant stand JrJr art anymore, the guy cant write faces to save his life ffs
    I dropped it finally. I thought it'd be difficult to miss what's going on in ASM regardless of quality, but I really don't. I've got back issues as Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 01-21-2024 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I dropped it finally. I thought it'd be difficult to miss what's going on in ASM regardless of quality, but I really don't. I've got back issues as Ultimate Spider-Man.
    This is the way. I can't wait until the book is in a place where it's on my pull list again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised people still read this after Dark Web. Bro tried to ruin TWO franchises.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm surprised people still read this after Dark Web. Bro tried to ruin TWO franchises.
    He ruined TWO Parker brothers (okay, to be fair, both Peter and Ben were already kinda ruined… but he made it worse lol).
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He ruined TWO Parker brothers (okay, to be fair, both Peter and Ben were already kinda ruined… but he made it worse lol).
    Oh, yeah. And I'll still pick up whatever is going on with Ben, for better or worse, but when it turned out Ben was getting his own mini, there went my last reason for sticking with it.

This is making Dark Web look like a great event by comparison.

Spider-Man and X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I think Peter and Ben were in a somewhat better place, or at least more hopeful place, before Wells's Spider-Man Beyond and current ASM. Hell, Spider-Man Beyond was almost worse, as it was set up to look like the restoration of Ben's heroic character after the savaging of Clone Conspiracy and PAD's Scarlet Spider series, but then the ending . . . Way to pull the rug out.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Oh, yeah. And I'll still pick up whatever is going on with Ben, for better or worse, but when it turned out Ben was getting his own mini, there went my last reason for sticking with it.
    Chasm: Curse of Kaine? Well, hopefully Steve Foxe does a better job with The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly compared to Wells, though he's already off to a good start with Dark X-Men having him not join Orchis, as despite not being much of a hero anymore, he's not so bad now that he would join a genocidal outfit like that for a shot at revenge on his jailer(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is making Dark Web look like a great event by comparison.
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think Peter and Ben were in a somewhat better place, or at least more hopeful place, before Wells's Spider-Man Beyond and current ASM. Hell, Spider-Man Beyond was almost worse, as it was set up to look like the restoration of Ben's heroic character after the savaging of Clone Conspiracy and PAD's Scarlet Spider series, but then the ending . . . Way to pull the rug out.
    110% agreed on everything you said. I am quite confident to say that hadn't Zeb made that clusterf- of an ending, and called it quits on ASM right there and then, people would've had a completely different opinion on his work, as Spiderman Beyond was genuinely enjoyable until he decided to screw Ben over.

Now? He will be lucky if people dont ever link him to the atrocity that is his current run.

On a semi-related note, he isnt doing himself any favors by keeping JRjr as the main artist.. The art makes everything worse than it is already is
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 01-23-2024 at 09:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Not to cut Wells a break, but I think Chasm is a Nick Lowe special and he was just a hired gun.

This Paul and MJ crap seems like his baby though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Not to cut Wells a break, but I think Chasm is a Nick Lowe special and he was just a hired gun.

I think so, but the execution was bad too

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    110% agreed on everything you said. I am quite confident to say that hadn't Zeb made that clusterf- of an ending, and called it quits on ASM right there and then, people would've had a completely different opinion on his work, as Spiderman Beyond was genuinely enjoyable until he decided to screw Ben over.

Now? He will be lucky if people dont ever link him to the atrocity that is his current run.

On a semi-related note, he isnt doing himself any favors by keeping JRjr as main artist.. It just make everything worse than it is already is
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I think so, but the execution was bad too
    Execution is everything.