Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Please get Emma out of this book and actually into an X-book.
    Why?? It’s the Marvel Universe not the X-Universe.

Her and Tony are wayyyy better than her and Scott.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think you misunderstand the word "sidelined" because that means to be taken out of the action completely. The X-books have been winnowed down to a handful of characters post-Hellfire Gala, and Emma is one of the few remaining. By definition, she is the exact opposite of sidelined.
    Exactatiously.

You know who's been sidelined? Jean Grey. (Which I'm thoroughly pissed at...for all Gillenister's Phoenix this and WHR that...Jean is still fucking dead and doing nothing) At least Emma is alive and actively helping Tony behind the scene.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma was in Immortal X-Men as a core member and was sidelined. Jean Grey had her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think you misunderstand the word "sidelined" because that means to be taken out of the action completely. The X-books have been winnowed down to a handful of characters post-Hellfire Gala, and Emma is one of the few remaining. By definition, she is the exact opposite of sidelined.
    Sorry. Heavily reduced role. Relevant in the books before hand, now put in a corner of irrelevance as the era ends. I think that counts as sidelined.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why?? It’s the Marvel Universe not the X-Universe.

Her and Tony are wayyyy better than her and Scott.
    Because rather than do anything she's Tony's gopher. Gets him in the club, gets him Mysterium. That's it. If she was in another book at the same time, or shown to be doing something with the X-Men in this book, yeah it would be different. Instead she's only appearing in this book to be a prop of Tony's.

A book in which she was still dead but came to the same conclusion she basically started off with answering her own damn question.

And If Emma was in IXM right now she would be stuck in the WHR with nowhere to go and nothing to do waiting for someone to come rescue her along with the others at the whim of MFR mercy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A book in which she was still dead but came to the same conclusion she basically started off with answering her own damn question.

And If Emma was in IXM right now she would be stuck in the WHR with nowhere to go and nothing to do waiting for someone to come rescue her along with the others at the whim of MFR mercy.
    Immortal X-Men is a 20 issue series and Emma was meant to be a core character from the cast. II adore Gillen but the only thing it did was save us from the trash we got from Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Immortal X-Men is a 20 issue series and Emma was meant to be a core character from the cast. II adore Gillen but the only thing it did was save us from the trash we got from Duggan.
    And where are the other core IXM characters now? What are they doing?

And where are the other core IXM characters now? What are they doing?
    Destiny, Xavier, Hope and Exodus? Are all having character beats. Reaching their cummilation of their story arcs paved the passed 20 issues. Emma is jimmeny cricket.

Ah! You all would rather she be stuck in the WHR with nowhere to go, doing nothing but going around in circles waiting for someone to rescue her just as long as she had "character beats" um...okies? I guess.

Ah! You all would rather she be stuck in the WHR with nowhere to go, doing nothing but going around in circles waiting for someone to rescue her just as long as she had "character beats" um...okies? I guess.
    You mean an actual story arc. Yes, yes I would. Jean is not a core part of that cast so I'm not sure why you expected Gillen to give her a massive role. That said Duggans writing is more flashy with less substance so despite having 3 years of multiple panels I can see how people feel cheated
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-11-2024 at 06:21 PM.

I agree Jean's been sidelined too with her return to Immortal (both she and Emma are just tools now) but I'd rather have Emma in the desert where she has the option to interact with other X-characters during the event. Instead she's been stuck in a corner with Tony not being relevant at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    9 months of absolute irrelevance when the whole era is ending for her to be sidelined in an Iron Man book.
    I mean look at it this way and if she wasn't appearing in this book she wouldn't be appearing much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's been a very well received book overall though and Emma co-starring in one of the most popular Avengers' solos for this long isn't a bad gig imo.
    Lmao when did Iron Man comics started selling good numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean look at it this way and if she wasn't appearing in this book she wouldn't be appearing much at all.
    Actually thats better... Its better than bad writing.

And what is the bad part in they having sex?
    Emma Will not throw herself at Tony she is having sex (if) someone she want to. If Anthony got form the Ew list to the to do list I can see why. In this EVENT the Avengers particualy him bad been outstading allies.

So im here for the X doing the A