Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Then you should go in the Duggan X-Men threads and complain about the lack of Emma in those books rather than the lack of Emma in an IRON MAN book.

I mean even during Onslaught the Fantastic Four book focused on the Fantastic Four more than the X-characters. At least Duggan's doing a better job compared to Dark Ass - i mean Web.
    I'm complaining about her misuse during this event/part of the era in the only book she's in. Feels like a valid place to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Tony doesn't have any money...so Emma gave him some mysterium.
    Emma can't build a robot army by herself...so Tony is building one to help all mutants.
    All the while she's in disguise hiding and dodging Orchis goons and Feilong Robots

Not what I would call "irrelevant" but clearly I have different expectations for my favourite characters. And I'm good with that.
    Emma has done nothing in this book but give stuff to Tony. Gave him the club, gave him info about Mysterium, gave him myterium. All while not actually doing anything herself.
    Has to be in disguise and can't be out and about, but she's the only one who can't so now she has to rely on Tony.
    It'd be like saying Jean has been relevant because she realized something about herself and because she was needed for the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he's popular enough that he keeps being regularly published.
    So is 20 other different comic book characters from Marvel who arent even popular in general

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    JB isn’t bending the truth. By what metric do you go by to make such claim?
    By metric of x-books

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    He is not popular among comic fans. He hasnt even been popular during Robert Downey years. You can bend the truth all you want but it's not gonna change. Thor and Hulk have far more popularity in comics and better comics too
    I don't know what you're smoking on this fine Friday but you need to share. Iron Man is one of the most popular Avengers, this is a fact. It's not about comparing him to Thor or Hulk or Stingray. Frontier is correct, it takes a certain level of popularity to keep being regularly published. Whatever beef you got with Tony is between you two.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not writing this story...I have no stake in this story...so I have zero expectations, either way. All I know is I'm enjoying what Duggan is doing with Emma and Tony for this plot (which has been far more than he's done with his other X-Men up until the most recent FotHoX issue...next week we finally see Ev do something...)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'm complaining about her misuse during this event/part of the era in the only book she's in. Feels like a valid place to me.

Emma has done nothing in this book but give stuff to Tony. Gave him the club, gave him info about Mysterium, gave him myterium. All while not actually doing anything herself.
    Has to be in disguise and can't be out and about, but she's the only one who can't so now she has to rely on Tony.
    It'd be like saying Jean has been relevant because she realized something about herself and because she was needed for the Phoenix.
    Tony still has his main mission to do even if this part of an X-Men event.

That's why I said you should complain to Duggan about the lack of Emma in the other books cuz that's the extent I'd expect from a supporting character in another hero's book.

Even Ewing used Storm in Thor for one chapter and Cantwell used Ben Reiley and Hellcat.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Actually thats better... Its better than bad writing.
    Well it's not bad writing so what else you got?

Mighty Member

I dunno, I thought Emma got to be really cool in Iron-Man.

Lot more cool than a bunch of other X-folks in actual X-books during this same time.

I'd only really put Nightcrawler and Cable/Bishop as being treated better during the same period.

This debate is ridiculous, IMHO.
    Of course anyone would want for their favest to be at the centre of a plotline, especially one as big as the ending of an years-long era. So, on a personal side, I can understand the frustration and disappointment. But, for all Emma is "sidelined", she's collaborating to do something against Orchis plans. She's not victim of the events, she's acting.

Most of the mutants that did the Resist thing at the Hellfire Gala were mostly stuck in secondary plotlines that had little to do with an active counter attack to Orchis (some were just busy saving nameless or Z-list mutants). I wouldn't even compare Emma's role in Fall of X to, say, Gambit or Maddie or Cable or even characters who got their own solo (Nightcrawler, Jean, Iceman). I'm not sure about Wolverine, if he did anything substantial against Orchis outside of X-Force plots. [Fall of the House of X/Rise of the House of X don't count, I'm speaking about the Fall of X months we got in fall/winter 2023).

If Emma has been sidelined, I think I need to come up with a new term for Bobby, Alex and Warren. Oh, and Lorna and Betsy/Rachel who were spared Xavier's command and nowhere to be seen for months.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 01-12-2024 at 01:26 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

While I understand wanting more action from Emma, to me I'll always remember her as one of the standouts of this period. The pain and grief she's expressed over her girls, the concern over Kate's recent change, the restraint she's shown when she could have killed Feilong. Checking in on Xavier while he was staring at the ocean. She's willing to remain undercover for as long as it takes, often without her telepathy, as Hazel. The fleet of ships that will soon carry the Arakkii invasion is thanks to her work with Tony. And I'll never forget that she put out the telepathic rallying cry after Scott's "conviction." That moment will always come to mind when I think of this large, long story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I know tony must have a rubber armor on standby somewhere
    Rubber? Emma has five kids to replace

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well it's not bad writing so what else you got?
    It is when someone is OOC

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't know what you're smoking on this fine Friday but you need to share. Iron Man is one of the most popular Avengers, this is a fact. It's not about comparing him to Thor or Hulk or Stingray. Frontier is correct, it takes a certain level of popularity to keep being regularly published. Whatever beef you got with Tony is between you two.
    There are a dozen of comic book characters in Marvel who have ongoing comics. Doesnt mean they all are popular for comic fans. This logic is moot.

There are a dozen of comic book characters in Marvel who have ongoing comics. Doesnt mean they all are popular for comic fans. This logic is moot.
    But doesn't consistently having an ongoing mean you have to have some degree of popularity?

I loved the Emma/Tony hint that Mark Miller dropped in Civil War. It was also surprising to see her be the "face" of mutantdom meeting Tony during such a major event. Fraction's Uncanny run was mostly meh and I was excited to see him pick up on the Tony and Emma interaction. Sadly THAT would have been the time and for Emma guest starring in an Iron Man book to feel a bit more meaningful and making her profile higher. Fraction's Iron Man run was critically acclaimed and felt connected to the moment of the IM movies.

I don't think Duggan is a Morrison, Whedon, Hickman, or Gillen caliber writer; but I enjoy his work especially when paired with a great artist. He can write fun more classic genre superhero stories and is clearly an invested X-Fan. His Emma has be surprisingly solid overall. I don't like the idea of Emma being married but the undercover marriage thing has been fun. Iron Man's current run really feels like he is in the X-World than his own Avengers book. Emma almost seems to be more of the draw of the book than IM.

I would like to see a clear timeline of the actual books - Duggan in particular. Does Duggan's X-Men end and THEN FotHoX happen? Is X-Men Forever the "last" issue for this era?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/