Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not like being Wolverine has done much good for her lately.
    It actively hurt her from the start, IMO. I was a huge fan when she was written as a teenager in New X-Men because she was a completely different character with her own issues and traumas and motivations, rather than carbon copy of Logan. Her whole appeal to me was that she didn't want to be a weapon and struggled to be a child and have a life outside of fighting. And just when there was that struggle about who she wanted to be, they

and then they just magically erased all her complexity and totally threw that away and she was written as a smaller Logan without half his personality.

And if that wasn't bad enough just writing her as a copy of Logan, they went and gave her the name. That hit her doubly hard because a whole host of fans instantly despised the character because she was set up to replace Logan. I really don't know anyone that I talk to about X-Men who have enjoyed this character in a long time, unfortunately.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I find myself wishing younger Laura took the codename Talon years ago honestly. It's a good one. And like Daken's codename of Fang too. Preferred Gabby as Honey Badger to Scout, though.
    Fang feels a little... childish ? To me. Honey Badger is very cute for Gabby, but Fang would have suited her to imo.
    Talon is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing Ev and Laura in action since they've spent most of the past few months calling shots from the sewers.
    I thought was odd, when we are seeing Cable and Bishop openly operating. Wolverine and Colossus are going straight up at Orchid why would the two who are supposed to be leaders of the remaining mutants really not doing that much.