Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Default Congratulations! Now get in the robot/mech/mecha!

Congratulations!

You have been drafted into piloting a robot/mech/mecha of your choosing. The downside is that when you pick, you get shunted to that universe and must now contend with the in-universe scenarios that appear in the storyline. Bare minimum is you must spend one year there before you can be eligible to be sent back home.

So, what’s your choose? A Gundam perhaps? Or a tachcoma from Ghost in the Shell?

Perhaps a Zord from Power Rangers or even even an Ironman suit?

Where will the Plot Gods be sending you today?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    ………..yes please.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I choose a Gundam that looks like anthropomorphic mouse wearing a steamboat hat called Steamboat Micky Mark II ( public domain). I then spend one year in the Gundam verse doing the bare minimum contend with the in-universe scenarios before going home.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Probably someplace with as minimal combat as possible

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be...

Gallantmon - Crimson Mode
    (デュークモン:クリムゾンモード/Dukemon: Crimson Mode)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-12-2024 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I choose ... to be a Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robot.

If anybody messes with me, I'll knock their block off!

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by The Dog; 01-12-2024 at 10:01 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'll take my normal one - Anima, Beyond Fantasy; Gaia. And I'll choose to pilot one of Imperium's giant, divinely powered mecha. In order to do so I need to be Protodeus. So thank you, thread, I am now an immortal, quasi-divine being, hooray.

I hang around in Imperium with the others in my unit, because Jürgand, Imperium's special forces, basically do SFA most of the time (like, pretty much ALL the time with a couple of notable exceptions). I learn magic (easy, given I'm Protodeus, and frankly put Imperium is GOING to want to fast-train me - sucks to have someone in Jürgand without any real special abilities).

I return after a year, VERY happy to get home.

I mean, normally I would just head home immediately, but this way I can my wife immortal, my cat immortal...potentially resurrect my other cats, make them immortal...etc.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'll take my normal one - Anima, Beyond Fantasy; Gaia. And I'll choose to pilot one of Imperium's giant, divinely powered mecha. In order to do so I need to be Protodeus. So thank you, thread, I am now an immortal, quasi-divine being, hooray.

I hang around in Imperium with the others in my unit, because Jürgand, Imperium's special forces, basically do SFA most of the time (like, pretty much ALL the time with a couple of notable exceptions). I learn magic (easy, given I'm Protodeus, and frankly put Imperium is GOING to want to fast-train me - sucks to have someone in Jürgand without any real special abilities).

I mean, normally I would just head home immediately, but this way I can my wife immortal, my cat immortal...potentially resurrect my other cats, make them immortal...etc.
    Ii think I'd miss my husband too much if I was gone for a year [and he'd miss me]. Sounds like fun, but wouldn't be worth the tradeoff.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

And then Barnabas tells you to go and fight the Noth. Or Lazarus.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ii think I'd miss my husband too much if I was gone for a year [and he'd miss me]. Sounds like fun, but wouldn't be worth the tradeoff.
    Oh, it would suck, and I wouldn't enjoy it, but trading that for eternity together? With our cats? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    And then Barnabas tells you to go and fight the Noth. Or Lazarus.
    I'm not sure even Barnabas is dumb enough to send people to fight Lazarus, but if he did, or the Noth (and yeah, that's certainly possible, curse it), that's what this little baby is for. *waves Interdimensional Grapnel Gun* ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh, it would suck, and I wouldn't enjoy it, but trading that for eternity together? With our cats? Sure.
    I’m getting serious Daaku vibes…
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m getting serious Daaku vibes…
    Dude, you can bet that by the time I’ve finished with the Chimera, they WILL be capable of defending themselves. ^_^
    Why are we here?

What, no Zoids yet?

Yeah, not the biggest mecha series, but its about the only one I truly liked. Both Liger 0 and Blade Liger are the main mechas, but the ending to the Zoids series with Blade was, underwhelming at best. Liger 0 though, good throughout. Fast, hard hitting, but its medium and long range are its weak points. But close up, and cleanly cut limbs off of countless other Zoids. And comes from a time when Zoids are used in a tournament setting, rather than for war.