Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

My mind immediately went to M-Tek Armor. As I've got magic, it should unlock all the extra powers Terra got from it.

It's been a long time since I played XenoSaga. I remember they had cool mechs, but I don't remember HOW cool or what they did. Also I don't remember enough of the plot to work through it if you dump The MunchKING there.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'll take my normal one - Anima, Beyond Fantasy; Gaia. And I'll choose to pilot one of Imperium's giant, divinely powered mecha. In order to do so I need to be Protodeus. So thank you, thread, I am now an immortal, quasi-divine being, hooray.
    Wait ANIMA has mech divisions? And they make you immortal caster dudes to use them??
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Wait ANIMA has mech divisions? And they make you immortal caster dudes to use them??
    Yeah, but only piloted by Imperium guys who are like Level 20+. It’s not something you’re ever likely to encounter as a player.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, but only piloted by Imperium guys who are like Level 20+. It’s not something you’re ever likely to encounter as a player.
    I had a feeling Beadle would have a comment by this morning. ^_^ Yeah, if a player ever even SEES these, something has gone Terribly Wrong™ in the entire world of Gaia (by that, I'm not talking about 'Lazarus is on a rampage', I'm talking about 'alien gods from another universe have invaded and are eating the entire population' or somesuch).

To expand, the Deus Ex Machina are basically Eva units. I can't offhand recall if they are simply powered by the vital energies of gods or actually the retrofitted corpses of gods (also powered by the vital energis of gods, and yeah, the latter sounds like something Imperium would do, What Could Possible Go Wrong™, etc etc). Their pilots are exclusively Protodeus: Imperium demi-gods (effectively) created by infusing humans with the life-energies of gods (Imperium has a lot of uses for this stuff) as they develop in artificial wombs. Protodeus lifespan is ridiculous and they're all stupidly powerful, even for Anima. Most of them are in Jürgand, Imperium's special forces, and the pilots of the Deus Ex Machina would be the best of the best (you don't give a potentially world-breaking mecha to your washouts).

So if I'm a pilot of a Deus Ex, the thread has made me a Protodeus. And a ridiculous potent one, to boot. I expect being a warlock capable of casting Chimera is pretty darned easy at that point (especially since thanks to Carlos' bias, I'm 99% sure that fully half of Jürgand are warlocks...).

I guess I could be a mecha pilot for Lucanor, but he has like...five mechs or something (most of them pretty crude, though one is Solomonic). And already has pilots for all of them. And the pilots are crappy compared to Protodeus (they aren't automatically made into near-perfect beings or anything of the sort), no thank you (plus, caught up in his scheming*).

* In fairness, Lucanor's scheming is going to be 100% more successful and likely to see me through things alive than any dopiness Imperium gets up to, but still - Imperium is the better bargain and I'm a lot less likely to DO anything and need to use the IDGG.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-15-2024 at 04:33 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate