BANNED

Default old Doctor Strange comic book worth reading?

just wondering if the old Doctor Strange comic is worth reading to enjoy? there any great moments besides him dealing with Baron Mordo?

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    just wondering if the old Doctor Strange comic is worth reading to enjoy? there any great moments besides him dealing with Baron Mordo?
    I think the serial long story of Strange Tales #130-146 is a classic. It shows how Stephen is defeated and how he has to clamber back to get his life back.

Yes, I think so. There is the Ancient One, Eternity and a "hoary host" of others!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I think so. There is the Ancient One, Eternity and a "hoary host" of others!
    Indeed. However, my personal favorite will always be the Gene Colan era (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-12-2024 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I'm not sure what you mean by "old Doctor Strange comic" but I consider Triumph & Torment to be the best standalone Doc story of all time, and Mordo isn't even in it.

There are also several classic arcs, some with the Baron, some without.

Probably yes. Doc's had a long but oft interrupted run during which there were many examples of great work. For a more definite answer, letting us know which issues you're considering would help.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Probably yes. Doc's had a long but oft interrupted run during which there were many examples of great work. For a more definite answer, letting us know which issues you're considering would help.
    doesnt matter what old issues. im asking if the old Doctor Strange comic book is worth reading and enjoying. Period.

that the secod series that ran from the mid late 1980s to through the 1990s. all i know about it is when Strange turned into a teenager then turned back into his normal adult age

doesnt matter what old issues. im asking if the old Doctor Strange comic book is worth reading and enjoying. Period.

that the secod series that ran from the mid late 1980s to through the 1990s. all i know about it is when Strange turned into a teenager then turned back into his normal adult age
    That was only for about 4 issues in 1995, and he didn't actually get much younger... he just looked younger without the mustache.

There were several great stories well before that (most by Roger Stern) and a decent one after that.

There are many Doctor Strange stories worth reading. Too many to list individually, but I agree with jackolover that the original Strange Tales #130-146 is classic. I would also suggest that reading the entire Roger Stern run is worth it. And, personally, I would also endorse Peter B. Gillis's run--which is basically one long story.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Invincible Member

You might want to try the so-called Sliver Dagger saga from the mid-70's. It's by Steve Englehart and Frank Brunner. Roughly Dr Strange vol2, 1-5 ( issue 3 is mostly reprints ).

You might able to find it as Dr Strange Special Edition from '83 cheap online.

that the second series that ran from the mid/late 1980s to through the 1990s. all i know about it is when Strange turned into a teenager then turned back into his normal adult age
    For what it's worth, that '90s run certainly had its moments. An All-Time Favorite would be the 1st gathering ever of The Secret Defenders

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."