Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Someone get Jackarow in here ASAP
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Someone psychically summoned me...

... oh. Damn. This looks hype AF. Thank you! Ha.

Seriously, this series looks solid. Great art, and I love Fabian's voice for Nathan. Always a good time.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Seriously, this series looks solid. Great art, and I love Fabian's voice for Nathan. Always a good time.
    I am nostalgic like you as i am 45 years young. And it is Fabian one of my favorite X-Writers. So I will def be getting this next week

I have to ask, Who is Belle is she like the new Ship????
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I'm 46, so we're about the same vintage, my friend. Cheers.

Belle is indeed like the Professor program, also called Prosh (or who evolved into Prosh I should say), and is derived from Ship. She's an onboard A.I. that Cable picked up in the 27th Century or somewhere thereabouts during Duggan's Uncanny Avengers run wherein Nathan was a member. She's one such program that he uses (see Al Ewing's Cable Reloaded for details on that), but seems to be his current favorite.

On another note, I've been watching Season 2 of the Amazon Prime show 'Reacher' and now cannot unsee Alan Ritchson as the perfect MCU Cable. Just make his hair gray, give him the scars, and maybe use makeup to make him look a bit older and more grizzled. The guy is perfect for Nathan Summers and would age into the role over the coming decade nicely IMO. If not Cable, then I could also see him as Sabretooth, but honestly I see him much more as Cable.

Fantastic Member

Just that preview felt gooooood, and it didn't even reek of Nostalgia fest until you pointed out Fabian wrote it.

Nicieza knows how to write Cable, I just hope this is the last we see of Kid Cable for a while.

I normally wouldn't bother to read a Cable solo but I liked Kid Cable so I'll read it for him.

I'll admit, Kid Cable has grown on me a bit. Still don't like him replacing OG Cable in the books, but with them both appearing now I find him far more tolerable. Like a less annoying Quentin Quire I suppose.

Having read the first issue of "Sabretooth War" in Wolverine #41, the way Percy is suddenly writing Logan and Quire's relationship is weird, where Logan is suddenly close with him and sees him as one of his "cubs" (WTF?) -- seems like it would be far more natural for "Uncle Logan" and Kid Cable to have such a relationship, but not him with the far more abrasive Quire. Just something that I was thinking as I read that scene.

Personally, if Kid Cable is going to stick around, I might have OG Cable off doing solo missions while Kid Cable replaces Quire on Logan and Sage's X-Force squad... but the whole team will probably get changed up in the relaunch anyway, so who knows if Logan and/or Sage will even still be a part of X-Force. Logan probably will, as the book sells better with him in it. Hopefully Sage will too as I like her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not much of a fan of Cable or KC but this looks and reads So FOCKIN' Good!!! The one page is wall-paper worthy AF. I'm so happy for you guys!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I was already very excited for this and after seeing these preview pages I'm even more pumped. Trust Fabe to deliver a good story.

Astonishing Member

I'll admit, Kid Cable has grown on me a bit. Still don't like him replacing OG Cable in the books, but with them both appearing now I find him far more tolerable. Like a less annoying Quentin Quire I suppose.

Having read the first issue of "Sabretooth War" in Wolverine #41, the way Percy is suddenly writing Logan and Quire's relationship is weird, where Logan is suddenly close with him and sees him as one of his "cubs" (WTF?) -- seems like it would be far more natural for "Uncle Logan" and Kid Cable to have such a relationship, but not him with the far more abrasive Quire. Just something that I was thinking as I read that scene.

Personally, if Kid Cable is going to stick around, I might have OG Cable off doing solo missions while Kid Cable replaces Quire on Logan and Sage's X-Force squad... but the whole team will probably get changed up in the relaunch anyway, so who knows if Logan and/or Sage will even still be a part of X-Force. Logan probably will, as the book sells better with him in it. Hopefully Sage will too as I like her.
    To be fair, there is precedent for the Logan & Quire dynamic going back to Aaron's stuff in Wolverine & the X-Men, I think its just weird to pull it out NOW when there was no trace of it between Logan & Quentin in Percy's earlier X-Force stuff. But I definitely agree there could've been more done between Kid Cable and Logan because they have similar views/mindsets on a lot of things & plenty of parallels but the big elephant in the room for adult Cable and why he & Logan have never been close and likely never will be is Logan killing Tyler Dayspring. Doesn't matter how justified he was, and I honestly don't think Nate blames him for it given the stuff Tyler had done at that point, you don't just get close & pal around with someone who killed your son, lol. But for Kid Cable, that element doesn't exist yet - he likely knows ABOUT Tyler and Logan's role in his ultimate fate, but he's never actually met Tyler as of yet so he'd be an abstract idea for him and not a hurdle to having some kind of relationship with Logan. /idle thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm not much of a fan of Cable or KC but this looks and reads So FOCKIN' Good!!! The one page is wall-paper worthy AF. I'm so happy for you guys!
    You talking about this one? Here it is without words...

... and I agree... though currently my wallpaper is the big Mark Brooks FotHX/RotPX spread with lots of X-men on it, including Cable (both versions).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    To be fair, there is precedent for the Logan & Quire dynamic going back to Aaron's stuff in Wolverine & the X-Men, I think its just weird to pull it out NOW when there was no trace of it between Logan & Quentin in Percy's earlier X-Force stuff. But I definitely agree there could've been more done between Kid Cable and Logan because they have similar views/mindsets on a lot of things & plenty of parallels but the big elephant in the room for adult Cable and why he & Logan have never been close and likely never will be is Logan killing Tyler Dayspring. Doesn't matter how justified he was, and I honestly don't think Nate blames him for it given the stuff Tyler had done at that point, you don't just get close & pal around with someone who killed your son, lol. But for Kid Cable, that element doesn't exist yet - he likely knows ABOUT Tyler and Logan's role in his ultimate fate, but he's never actually met Tyler as of yet so he'd be an abstract idea for him and not a hurdle to having some kind of relationship with Logan. /idle thoughts
    Yeah, you make good points and I forgot about their dynamic in Aaron's Wolverine & the X-men series. Regardless, I'm thinking X-Force in the next era might look very different, with Logan possibly back on the main X-men team and OG Cable running X-Force again. At least if we're going back to a more 90s type setup that is, which seems to be what folks are expecting...

As for Tyler... wonder why Nathan hasn't brought him back? I guess because a non-corrupted Cerebro backup file of him doesn't exist, sadly.