Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, you make good points and I forgot about their dynamic in Aaron's Wolverine & the X-men series. Regardless, I'm thinking X-Force in the next era might look very different, with Logan possibly back on the main X-men team and OG Cable running X-Force again. At least if we're going back to a more 90s type setup that is, which seems to be what folks are expecting...

As for Tyler... wonder why Nathan hasn't brought him back? I guess because a non-corrupted Cerebro backup file of him doesn't exist, sadly.
    I assume its just a lack of writer interest. It would be a relatively simple matter to handwave Hope downloading one of Tyler's back-ups into a teen husk of him and cutting it off before it got to the point where he was kidnapped & brainwashed by Stryfe. Pretty sure just outside of the Steves aka the Deep Cut Kings, nobody else even really remembers he existed, and Cable & Hope have been largely handled by writers others than those two.

Yeah, just makes me a bit sad for him that everyone else seems to have been reunited with lost loved ones in this era but Nathan -- who admittedly was replaced by his younger counterpart for much of it -- never got to be reunited with his son.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Yeah, just makes me a bit sad for him that everyone else seems to have been reunited with lost loved ones in this era but Nathan -- who admittedly was replaced by his younger counterpart for much of it -- never got to be reunited with his son.
    Hope & Tyler competing for their father's attention, both of them being prime candidates for Only Child Syndrome who never learned to share time with their dad because they never had to before, lol.....

See? Would’ve been fun. Which one would be the older sibling? I’m picturing Tyler brought back younger, actually. Around 13-15, and really grating on Hope’s nerves. Ha.

Astonishing Member

See? Would’ve been fun. Which one would be the older sibling? I’m picturing Tyler brought back younger, actually. Around 13-15, and really grating on Hope’s nerves. Ha.
    I could see Hope deliberately making sure not to bring Tyler back as older than her so she can lean on older sibling privilege to put him in his place but then like you said, he comes back as an immature total bratty 15 year old and she's like oh no, I have made a terrible mistake.

Perfection!!! Now I want this comic. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I was already very excited for this and after seeing these preview pages I'm even more pumped. Trust Fabe to deliver a good story.
    I've been excited and pumped up for this book, but yeah even more so now. Can't wait for next week! And how cool is it Fabian doing Cable again. I think it's going to be a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nicieza knows how to write Cable, I just hope this is the last we see of Kid Cable for a while.
    I wouldn't mind that one bit. He really should go back to his timeline again. I guess I could take him popping in here and there once in a while. But that's about it.

Well, Fabian already confirmed in an interview that OG Cable is still alive at the end of this series, and I suppose “put back in the toy box ready to be played with” by someone in the next era hopefully. But he didn’t say anything about Kid Cable’s fate. I’m guessing he goes back to his future. Again.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-16-2024 at 03:09 AM.