Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    I like this. has a real 90s vibe to it with all those pouches lol. Doc Midnight is a real odd-man-out in this bunch, to the point that it almost flips Batman's usual dynamic with the rest of the League
    ^^^Thank you!
    Nice call on Dr. Midnite; I always liked when Batman felt like a bit of an outsider on the team. It fit his personality better I think.

There was this scene in the old JL book…

…where Maxwell Lord made them International and broke the news at a press conference. Batman sort of skulking in the rear just felt right!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thank you!
    Nice call on Dr. Midnite; I always liked when Batman felt like a bit of an outsider on the team. It fit his personality better I think.

There was this scene in the old JL book…

…where Maxwell Lord made them International and broke the news at a press conference. Batman sort of skulking in the rear just felt right!
    I agree. concerning your team, I feel like think Doc Midnight would be somewhat offput by how casually violent some of his teammates are. Batman always worried what would happen if his teammates became unhinged, Doc would actually get to experience that a bit from working with folks like Zealot and Majestic

I agree. concerning your team, I feel like think Doc Midnight would be somewhat offput by how casually violent some of his teammates are. Batman always worried what would happen if his teammates became unhinged, Doc would actually get to experience that a bit from working with folks like Zealot and Majestic
    ^^^Imagine if Zealot took a liking to him…?

^^^Imagine if Zealot took a liking to him…?
    after 1,000 years or whatever of being a certain way, she would see him at least as novel, if not intriguing, for sure.
    it could definitely flip some tropes on the whole "tough stoic female warrior" archetype... sometimes it feels like Diana Prince is the only one of them who's ever allowed to have a soft or "feminine" side to their personality; while a lot of others get written with the personalities of macho dudes who just happen to have cleavage and curves lol

after 1,000 years or whatever of being a certain way, she would see him at least as novel, if not intriguing, for sure.
    it could definitely flip some tropes on the whole "tough stoic female warrior" archetype... sometimes it feels like Diana Prince is the only one of them who's ever allowed to have a soft or "feminine" side to their personality; while a lot of others get written with the personalities of macho dudes who just happen to have cleavage and curves lol
    ^^^LOL!
    You ain’t wrong, that’s for sure

^^^LOL!
    You ain’t wrong, that’s for sure
    I don't get it! plenty of men have written Diana's softer side without botching it or feeling ham-fisted... why does she seem to be the only one they're able/willing do it with???

Astonishing Member

Superboy- Kon-El. The fun Hipster doofus with the Leather Jacket.
    Doctor Mid Nite - Pioter Cross
    Bat woman - Cassandra Cain
    Solovar
    Atom- Ryan Choi
    Nightshade
    Witchfire
    Knockout
    Max Mercury
    Elastic Lad- Jimmy Olson
    Chameleon Lad- From Lsh
    Kilowog
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-02-2024 at 05:44 AM.