Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Amazing Member

There 2 Utraas. One is from Earth Prime same as Superboy. At one time he was “Earth Primes only superhero”. The other is space pilot who gains his powers from 4 separate aliens

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What alien civilization was he from again?
    As the next poster noted, there was Ultraa the Multi-Alien and Ultraa from Earth-Prime. I was referring to the second.

Ultraa from E-Prime first appeared in JLA (in the 70s IIRC). I don’t think he ever appeared anywhere else. Earth-Prime back then was our earth, the one you and I live on, one without superheroes. Ultraa was the first superhero on that/our earth.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    As the next poster noted, there was Ultraa the Multi-Alien and Ultraa from Earth-Prime. I was referring to the second.

Ultraa from E-Prime first appeared in JLA (in the 70s IIRC). I don’t think he ever appeared anywhere else. Earth-Prime back then was our earth, the one you and I live on, one without superheroes. Ultraa was the first superhero on that/our earth.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was thinking of a different one entirely. The one from Almerac's space sector who once battled the PreCrisis League and post crisis fought Captain Atom for Max's affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was thinking of a different one entirely. The one from Almerac's space sector who once battled the PreCrisis League and post crisis fought Captain Atom for Max's affection.
    I think that was actually the retconned post-crisis origin for Earth Prime Ultraa - they said he was from Almerac of whatever, instead of being from Earth Prime.
    I guess folks had forgotten about him when Superboy Prime was created, and then someone realized at some point that both characters were supposed to have been "the only super hero from Earth Prime"... so they changed Ultraa's backstory to "fix" this

is it cheating to just swap the Global Guardians with the Justice league? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Gu...Super_Friends)

there is a certain amount of overlap as-is I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    is it cheating to just swap the Global Guardians with the Justice league?

Expanding on the JLA Year One build from a few pages back, the Big Seven…:

MAJESTIC (Superman)
    James Bronson can literally move mountains, and perfectly embodies his codename. He quickly becomes the face of the team, as far as the public’s concerned.

ZEALOT (Wonder Woman)
    A proud warrior from the planet Khera who has lived thousands of years, Zealot fights to protect her adopted planet from both alien and earth born threats.

DR. MIDNITE (Batman)
    His Medical training’s given Dr. Midnite the cool head and steady nerves to deploy the team w. surgical precision in the field. Though blind, he’s the big picture guy who sees all the angles and possible outcomes.

CAPTAIN COMET (Green Lantern)
    The earth born space guy. No GL Ring, but CC has a wide array of mental and physical abilities that make him pretty formidable. And a raygun.

TURBINE (The Flash)
    A Tuskegee Airman who disappeared into the Speed Force in the past and reappeared in the present w. cyclone based superspeed.

KORYAK (Aquaman)
    He’s Aquaman’s illegitimate child, and has all the requisite Atlantean powers to include hydrokinesis. He actually prefers to spend his time on land, though.

JEMM SON OF SATURN (Martian Manhunter)
    Alien Royalty by birth, philosopher by choice, and warrior by circumstance, he’s the least normal looking member of the team.

A few Supermen of America and some odds and ends:

Iron Munro (team leader)

Outburst (Mitch Anderson)

Livewire

Max Mercury

Ch'p

The Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    ^^^Had to look this guy up; nice deep cut!

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    A few Supermen of America and some odds and ends:

Iron Munro (team leader)

Livewire

Max Mercury

Ch'p

The Creeper
    Hmmm neat team idea.

Astonishing Member

Oh man I think this premise is nigh impossible because I can't think of powerhouse characters who stand for ... anything remotely related to "justice" who haven't been part of the Justice League already. Without just making up a new team. I guess a totally DEPOWERED Justice League made of REAL LIFE heroic societal careers? I'll still use my usual tack of trying to get a representative from the main families of DC titles because JLA isn't just a super-powered team-up, it's a crossover of all the most popular characters and their casts. I was thinking about a Justice League that had Black Adam as leader, Ra's al Ghul as the "Dark Knight" and Artemis as the Wonder Woman and if there were other middle-eastern figures that would slot in nicely earlier so it at least activated my thinking brain.

1. Perry White, whose nose for news gets the NO POWER JUSTICE LEAGUE their ... tasks? Jobs? Causes? JOURNALIST.
    2. Jim Gordon, who tends to be "retired Commissioner of Gotham" these days which frees him up for a bit more travel, detective, scrapper, protecting and serving. DETECTIVE.
    3. Etta Candy ... the college radical type activist, not Super Secret Agent Etta Candy. TRAVELER & ACTIVIST.
    4. Tom Curry, but we bring in the Golden Age "kind of a Jacques Cousteau type" thing into it, an ersatz Steve Zissou living in a lighthouse. EXPLORER.
    5. Saul Erdel, PHYSICIST but more than that probably "ALIEN / UFO" investigator.
    6. Someone from Flash that contributes to this "real everyday people speaking for truth and justice" could be Iris or Linda, but I was thinking we already had a journalist and wanted someone who fit a different bill, casting light on a different walk of life so maybe whoever was the COMIC WRITER who wrote the Jay Garrick comic that Barry Allen was reading. Just a writer who has no idea that what he's writing are actual multiverse or timelines, even ERASED ones.
    7. Airwave, Harold Jordan, Hal's nephew and an expert in COMMUNICATIONS and RADIO and all that. But without the powers. Young energy and the "tech guy" of the group.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Oh man I think this premise is nigh impossible because I can't think of powerhouse characters who stand for ... anything remotely related to "justice" who haven't been part of the Justice League already. Without just making up a new team. I guess a totally DEPOWERED Justice League made of REAL LIFE heroic societal careers? I'll still use my usual tack of trying to get a representative from the main families of DC titles because JLA isn't just a super-powered team-up, it's a crossover of all the most popular characters and their casts. I was thinking about a Justice League that had Black Adam as leader, Ra's al Ghul as the "Dark Knight" and Artemis as the Wonder Woman and if there were other middle-eastern figures that would slot in nicely earlier so it at least activated my thinking brain.

1. Perry White, whose nose for news gets the NO POWER JUSTICE LEAGUE their ... tasks? Jobs? Causes? JOURNALIST.
    2. Jim Gordon, who tends to be "retired Commissioner of Gotham" these days which frees him up for a bit more travel, detective, scrapper, protecting and serving. DETECTIVE.
    3. Etta Candy ... the college radical type activist, not Super Secret Agent Etta Candy. TRAVELER & ACTIVIST.
    4. Tom Curry, but we bring in the Golden Age "kind of a Jacques Cousteau type" thing into it, an ersatz Steve Zissou living in a lighthouse. EXPLORER.
    5. Saul Erdel, PHYSICIST but more than that probably "ALIEN / UFO" investigator.
    6. Someone from Flash that contributes to this "real everyday people speaking for truth and justice" could be Iris or Linda, but I was thinking we already had a journalist and wanted someone who fit a different bill, casting light on a different walk of life so maybe whoever was the COMIC WRITER who wrote the Jay Garrick comic that Barry Allen was reading. Just a writer who has no idea that what he's writing are actual multiverse or timelines, even ERASED ones.
    7. Airwave, Harold Jordan, Hal's nephew and an expert in COMMUNICATIONS and RADIO and all that. But without the powers. Young energy and the "tech guy" of the group.
    ^^^That is…wow!

I imagine it being a Black Label book by Tom King and Jorge Fornés…

…in the way Danger Street was.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-21-2024 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Expanding on the JLA Year One build from a few pages back, the Big Seven…:

MAJESTIC (Superman)
    James Bronson can literally move mountains, and perfectly embodies his codename. He quickly becomes the face of the team, as far as the public’s concerned.

ZEALOT (Wonder Woman)
    A proud warrior from the planet Khera who has lived thousands of years, Zealot fights to protect her adopted planet from both alien and earth born threats.

DR. MIDNITE (Batman)
    His Medical training’s given Dr. Midnite the cool head and steady nerves to deploy the team w. surgical precision in the field. Though blind, he’s the big picture guy who sees all the angles and possible outcomes.

CAPTAIN COMET (Green Lantern)
    The earth born space guy. No GL Ring, but CC has a wide array of mental and physical abilities that make him pretty formidable. And a raygun.

TURBINE (The Flash)
    A Tuskegee Airman who disappeared into the Speed Force in the past and reappeared in the present w. cyclone based superspeed.

KORYAK (Aquaman)
    He’s Aquaman’s illegitimate child, and has all the requisite Atlantean powers to include hydrokinesis. He actually prefers to spend his time on land, though.

JEMM SON OF SATURN (Martian Manhunter)
    Alien Royalty by birth, philosopher by choice, and warrior by circumstance, he’s the least normal looking member of the team.
    I like this. has a real 90s vibe to it with all those pouches lol. Doc Midnight is a real odd-man-out in this bunch, to the point that it almost flips Batman's usual dynamic with the rest of the League
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-21-2024 at 04:55 AM.

Eradicator
    Batwoman
    Warlord
    Saint Walker
    Jesse Quick
    (in Liberty Belle outfit)
    Changeling
    Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    is it cheating to just swap the Global Guardians with the Justice league? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Gu...Super_Friends)

there is a certain amount of overlap as-is I suppose.
    I think it's a huge missed opportunity that DC isn't pushing the GG right now with JLA disbanded. I'm glad the Titans are getting the spotlight but would be the perfect time to also relaunch the GG for a modern audience. Geoff Johns did a great job of that in his Green Lantern run but there was no follow up.