Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm always happy to see another Captain Comet fan.
    So am I, but I think Cap was an honorary Leaguer in the late 70's. Wouldn't that rule him out?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    So am I, but I think Cap was an honorary Leaguer in the late 70's. Wouldn't that rule him out?

Peace
    I don't know..."honorary" just seems so open-ended, too loosely defined. It's like, nobody considers the original Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro, Charlie-27, etc.) members of the Avengers though they were made honorary members. I'd argue that anything less than being an official "reservist" means they weren't actual members.

Since I just put down a list of heroes who'd never been League members before, versus direct 1:1 replacements for the original seven, I'm putting a together a new team to take the actual place of those original members.

Red Star (Superman) - Not exactly an alien being but an Earthling who got powers from an alien source. And one whose powers have grown a lot since his first appearance. Add to that his sense of patriotism and I think it's a good fit.

The Question (Batman) - Dogged streetwise detective type who's all about unraveling mysteries. Vic Sage might lack the all-encompassing nature of Batman, but given how much the Bat-god trope has been played, is that a bad thing?

Deep Blue (Aquaman) - The often-forgotten half-sister of Aquaman who's also the daughter of Tsunami, from my previous list. Obviously brings the "command of the oceans" element to the team.

Atlas (Wonder Woman) - Powerful warrior from another land unfamiliar with the ways of the modern human world. Just as tough and tenacious (perhaps even more so, to a fault) as Diana is.

Looker (Martian Manhunter) - J'onn has a ton of powers but the one that seems to get the most play is his telepathy, so I'm swapping him out for the Outsider character...who, with her vampirism, is even closer to J'onn as far as range of powers go.

Black Condor (Flash) - A great showing in the recent Blue Beetle mini reminded me the current Black Condor has super speed while flying and can control the winds. Not wanting to use another Flash family member, he was the perfect choice for me.

Argent (Green Lantern) - A member of the "lost class" of Teen Titans, Argent is capable of creating objects out of the silver plasma she wields. Energy constructs sound right up a Green Lantern's alley.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Lana Lang as Superwoman is appearing in Steelworks.
    Oh,really!? Cool! Thanks!
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Dr. Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross) - The Dark Knight Detective
    Vartox - The Alien Powerhouse
    Isis - The Amazing Female Warrior
    Lady Quark - The Sentinel of the Spaceways
    Lagoon Boy - Dweller of the Deep
    Jemm, Son of Saturn - The Outcast Alien
    Max Mercury - Wielder of the Speedforce

Other than in my headcannon, I don't think any of them have ever been in the League.

Peace
    Good job! Would have to look up Vartox. It's getting hard for me to remember so many! lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Since I just put down a list of heroes who'd never been League members before, versus direct 1:1 replacements for the original seven, I'm putting a together a new team to take the actual place of those original members.

Red Star (Superman) - Not exactly an alien being but an Earthling who got powers from an alien source. And one whose powers have grown a lot since his first appearance. Add to that his sense of patriotism and I think it's a good fit.

The Question (Batman) - Dogged streetwise detective type who's all about unraveling mysteries. Vic Sage might lack the all-encompassing nature of Batman, but given how much the Bat-god trope has been played, is that a bad thing?

Deep Blue (Aquaman) - The often-forgotten half-sister of Aquaman who's also the daughter of Tsunami, from my previous list. Obviously brings the "command of the oceans" element to the team.

Atlas (Wonder Woman) - Powerful warrior from another land unfamiliar with the ways of the modern human world. Just as tough and tenacious (perhaps even more so, to a fault) as Diana is.

Looker (Martian Manhunter) - J'onn has a ton of powers but the one that seems to get the most play is his telepathy, so I'm swapping him out for the Outsider character...who, with her vampirism, is even closer to J'onn as far as range of powers go.

Black Condor (Flash) - A great showing in the recent Blue Beetle mini reminded me the current Black Condor has super speed while flying and can control the winds. Not wanting to use another Flash family member, he was the perfect choice for me.

Argent (Green Lantern) - A member of the "lost class" of Teen Titans, Argent is capable of creating objects out of the silver plasma she wields. Energy constructs sound right up a Green Lantern's alley.
    For a second there,I thought you were just making up your own characters! lol Hey, no one said you couldn't!
    Still, good job!

Incredible Member

Okay, time for another:

Ultra Man (Jo Nah) NOT the guy from the Crime Syndicate. Formerly Ultra Boy from the Legion of Super-heroes. A.k.a. Emerald Dragon for some reason. Can only use 1 of numerous super-powers at a time.

Robin- Tim Drake. Master detective. Strategist.

Maxima- Not the Queen of Almerac. This was a black lady from a possible future in a backstory of a JLA Annual. She seemed like a Superwoman type character.

Lightning- Jennifer Peirce. Daughter of Black Lightning. Energy wielder,absorber and projecter. Flight.

The Flash-Wallace Rudolph "Ace" West III, the fourth Kid Flash, is the teenage sidekick of the Flash and the son of Daniel West, the third Reverse-Flash. The NEW 52 Kid Flash.

Ocean Master- a reformed Orm. For those who saw AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM you know. lol

Amazo: takes the spot of J'onn. Can and has duplicated all of the JLA's abilities. Looking for a purpose.

And just because I wanted a magic user: Doctor Occult- Richard Occult who uses a device called the Symbol of Seven. With it he can repel and exorcise various supernatural beings, and even repel certain natural forms of energy. The symbol also can be used to cast other miscellaneous spells.
    Exorcism: It could free any victim of Mind Control, Possession or Hypnosis.
    Deflection
    Fear Projection (evil supernatural beings only)
    Mind Reading
    Clairvoyance: It once helped Occult to know the whereabouts of the JSA when these were shanghaied in space by a Nazi scientist.
    Force Field
    Psionic Field: The symbol can avoid mind-reading of powerful telepathy, like as Mento Helmet, if the user chooses it.

Let’s see, this should work.
    A combination of brain power, raw power, and someone I’d love to see in charge of The League.

Wallace West (taking up the mantle of The Flash)
    Levi Kamei (Swamp Thing)
    Lana Lang (Superwoman)
    Jediah Caul (Green Lantern)
    Larry Trainor (Negative Man)
    Jace Fox (Batman)
    Yara Flor (taking up the Wonder Woman mantle)
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Let’s see, this should work.
    A combination of brain power, raw power, and someone I’d love to see in charge of The League.
    Who is everyone after Mr. Terrific Michael Holt? Did not know there was a Mrs. Terrific! lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Wallace West (taking up the mantle of The Flash)
    Levi Kamei (Swamp Thing)
    Lana Lang (Superwoman)
    Jediah Caul (Green Lantern)
    Larry Trainor (Negative Man)
    Jace Fox (Batman)
    Yara Flor (taking up the Wonder Woman mantle)
    Thought I knew all of the Earth GL's but the name Jediah Caul doesn't seem familiar?
    Not a big Swamp Thing reader but do know there was more than one. When did Alec Holland get a replacement or substitute? Just curious as to the year?

Incredible Member

Icon- Arnus a.k.a. Augustus Freeman. Not 100% positive but don't believe he's ever been officially chosen for the team. A Superman-type from the Milestone Universe.

Catman- Thomas Blake. :
    Olympic-level athlete
    Skilled hand-to-hand combatant
    Proficiency with bladed weapons
    Superb hunter, and tracker with an extraordinary sense of smell
    Uses cat-themed weapons and equipment
    Cat-like agility and reflexes
    Jungle cat physiology & intuition
    Nine-lives resurrection

Caitlin Fairchild- usually just using the surname Fairchild- she can alter her muscle mass which increases her size, strength and durability. From the Wildstorm Universe.

Shazam, Jr. - Freddy Freeman. I know Billy Batson and Mary have been on Justice League teams but I don't think Freddy ever has been.

Raven- a.k.a. Rachel Roth- a half-human, half-demon with a wide range of abilities, including telekinesis, empathy, astral projection, and the ability to manipulate dark energy.

Toyman- Hiro Okamura. Genius Level Intellect: He is a noted genius who has shown to be able to create many technological advances which is whimsically inspired by many anime, manga, and super hero influences. He is easily one of the top mortal minds on the planet. With one of the highest IQ's reported on the planet; Toyman specializes in physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, weapons technology, biochemistry, and computer programming.
    Mechanical Aptitude: He is an excellent engineer able to fix most machinery, most giant robots and computer hardware.

Impala: Post Flashpoint, Impala is Charles Mokose, a man of African and British descent and a member of the Global Guardians who possesses totemic powers like Vixen, granting him super speed and healing abilities.

Jediah Caul

A slight rebranding: The League of Justice!
    - Skyrocket - Black Condor - Manhunter - Peacemaker - Manhunter - Lightning - OMAC (I'm saying his brief stint in JLI doesn't count because they weren't actually sanctioned when he joined, he was secretly mind-controlled by Brother Eye, and it was only one issue)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-19-2024 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Who is everyone after Mr. Terrific Michael Holt? Did not know there was a Mrs. Terrific! lol
    ^^^yeah that’s Paula Holt/Mrs. Terrific from Earth-23 (she has angelic wings and cosmic awareness to go w. her genius intellect).
    The other two are Hercules Unbound and Atlas.