Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Was reading the new Justice Ducks comic, and figured I’d try one more…:

BATMAN (Darkwing Duck)
    The last thing Jason Todd would want to do is join, much less lead, the JLA, but when a dying Bruce Wayne asks for a favor…

HARDWARE (Gizmo Duck)
    He’s a tech genius in an advanced armored exo-skeleton. He’s basically the lancer, sure to butt heads w. Jason Todd.

YELLOW PERI (Morgana)
    A rather powerful magic user who’s managed to stay out of the limelight u til now, as she takes center stage on the world’s premiere superteam.

MAUL (Stegmutt)
    He’s a scientific genius. He’s devastatingly powerful physical juggernaut. The only drawback is he can’t be both at the same time.

TULA (Neptunia)
    She’s a hardcore, Military minded warrior, so she’ll have no issues following Jason Todd’s often cutthroat orders.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Here's one where I took prominent members of other teams (or ones I just liked) and mashed them up to be a new League:
    -Iron - Owl Woman - Ultra Boy - Saturn Girl - Green Lantern - Elasti-Woman - Robotman - Raven
    I like this idea (and the art!) A cool concept for a new JL could be to have one member from 7 of the world’s greatest superteams.

Justice League: Special Forces
    a team, led and recruited by Duke Thomas, of heroes and anti-heroes with vast potential who would typically be overlooked by the mainstream hero community. they're a specialized team under the Justice League umbrella who's mission is to hunt down rogue heroes and superhuman terrorists and eliminate them, as well as to help heroes who can't save the day on their own. lethal force is authorized but reserved as a last resort.

The Signal (Duke Thomas)
    Godspeed (August Heart)
    Bunker (Miguel Barragan)
    Sideways (Derek James)
    Monkey Prince (Marcus Sun)
    Silencer (Honor Guest)
    Mother Panic (Violet Paige)

tried to go with characters that give somewhat of a tokusatsu vibe lol iunno how obvious it is but thats just the childhood power ranger fan in me

BHM justice league loading...
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-29-2024 at 03:34 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

A “Bwahaha” League driven line up. Not a one-for-one swap really, but more in the way the book would be written; broad personalities, a touch of Flanderization, and a tendency to get in each other’s way during missions.

MAX MERCURY
    Like J'onn J'onzz, Max is the team leader and straight man.

LADY BLACKHAWK
    Hard fighting hard drinking second in command.

CAPTAIN TRIUMPH
    A relic of the forties, Cap will get the golly gee whiz jokes Billy Batson used to get.

VARTOX
    He’s the Barney Stinson of the team. A good natured but ultimately harmless lothario.

DR. OCCULT
    Thinks EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

JOHNNY THUNDER (and his Thunderbolt)
    Johnny will get the old fart and ‘back in my day’ jokes. The T-Bolt is basically Robin Williams.

JINNY HEX
    The sassy Southern belle’s great in a fight but also incredibly trusting, to the point she doesn’t notice Monster Girl totally doesn’t like her.

MONSTER GIRL
    The snarky shapeshifter is the Veronica to Jinny Hex’s Betty. She also likes screwing w. her other teammates for her own amusement.

BIG BEAR
    If Jinny Hex and Monster Girl are Betty and Veronica, BB is Archie, totally oblivious the two heroines both like and are competing for him. Now living on Earth, BB is trying and hilariously failing, to learn the planet’s customs.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-30-2024 at 11:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Superman- Conner Kent
    Batman- Jean Paul Valley
    Wonder Woman- Cassie Sandsmark
    Green Lantern- Arisia
    The Flash- Jai West
    Aquawoman- Dolphin
    Martain Mahnhunter- M'Gann M'oorz

Naturally, all of them would be older Especially Jai.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Incredible Member

Superwoman-Lois Lane. Know they've given her powers in the past but don't believe she's ever been on the team.
    Batman- Jim Gordon How many read the run where he was wearing a "Bunny" bat suit!?
    Wonder Woman- Etta Candy lol she somehow gains Diana's powers
    Green Lantern- Carol Ferris
    The Flash- Linda Park
    Aquawoman- Dolphin -I'm not sure if she has many powers but, obviously, the underwater character.
    Martian Manhunter- maybe have it be that one of J'on's kids survived and now takes his place?
    Plastic Man- Jimmy Olsen - he's had stretchy powers before!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Superwoman-Lois Lane. Know they've given her powers in the past but don't believe she's ever been on the team.
    Batman- Jim Gordon How many read the run where he was wearing a "Bunny" bat suit!?
    Wonder Woman- Etta Candy lol she somehow gains Diana's powers
    Green Lantern- Carol Ferris
    The Flash- Linda Park
    Aquawoman- Dolphin -I'm not sure if she has many powers but, obviously, the underwater character.
    Martian Manhunter- maybe have it be that one of J'on's kids survived and now takes his place?
    Plastic Man- Jimmy Olsen - he's had stretchy powers before!
    ^^^I love the adhoc/diy feel of this lineup. There'd be a lot of “who the hell are YOU guys” “we’re the JUSTICE LEAGUE dammit” moments going on!

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Mr. Terrific
    Flamebird
    Tesla Strong
    Midnighter
    Savant (Wildstorm)
    Conner Kent
    Raven
    Arrowette
    Last edited by red winter; 02-18-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    A “Bwahaha” League driven line up. Not a one-for-one swap really, but more in the way the book would be written; broad personalities, a touch of Flanderization, and a tendency to get in each other’s way during missions.

MAX MERCURY
    Like J'onn J'onzz, Max is the team leader and straight man.

LADY BLACKHAWK
    Hard fighting hard drinking second in command.

CAPTAIN TRIUMPH
    A relic of the forties, Cap will get the golly gee whiz jokes Billy Batson used to get.

VARTOX
    He’s the Barney Stinson of the team. A good natured but ultimately harmless lothario.

DR. OCCULT
    Thinks EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.

JOHNNY THUNDER (and his Thunderbolt)
    Johnny will get the old fart and ‘back in my day’ jokes. The T-Bolt is basically Robin Williams.

JINNY HEX
    The sassy Southern belle’s great in a fight but also incredibly trusting, to the point she doesn’t notice Monster Girl totally doesn’t like her.

MONSTER GIRL
    The snarky shapeshifter is the Veronica to Jinny Hex’s Betty. She also likes screwing w. her other teammates for her own amusement.

BIG BEAR
    If Jinny Hex and Monster Girl are Betty and Veronica, BB is Archie, totally oblivious the two heroines both like and are competing for him. Now living on Earth, BB is trying and hilariously failing, to learn the planet’s customs.
    I would pick exactly none of these characters for just about anything, but hot dayum, this sounds like a glorious train wreck of a run to read!

A team of heroes that more or less bring their own drama. It just sounds *fun!*

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would pick exactly none of these characters for just about anything, but hot dayum, this sounds like a glorious train wreck of a run to read!

A team of heroes that more or less bring their own drama. It just sounds *fun!*
    ^^^The way that post started out I thought you were gonna ream me; glad you liked it!

Thought I knew all of the Earth GL's but the name Jediah Caul doesn't seem familiar?
    Not a big Swamp Thing reader but do know there was more than one. When did Alec Holland get a replacement or substitute? Just curious as to the year?
    Caul was the star of Giffen’s New 52 series Threshold. He’s not from Earth.

Levi Kamei became Swamp Thing during Ram V’s Infinite Frontier run, with appearances in a special and Future State beforehand. He’s also a reserve member of the Titans as of recent issues.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Caul was the star of Giffen’s New 52 series Threshold. He’s not from Earth.

Levi Kamei became Swamp Thing during Ram V’s Infinite Frontier run, with appearances in a special and Future State beforehand. He’s also a reserve member of the Titans as of recent issues.
    Oh,ok. Thanks. I do not remember a book called Threshold.
    Yeah, there were a lot of new characters for that.

Not sure about Mera either. Although I do recall seeing a story where she was tired of the media calling her Aquawoman lol
    But, iirc, Power Girl was in the JLI.
    Snyder made Mera a member for several issues in a row but she was window-dressing with about 5 unremarkable lines that could have come from anyone.

So has she been a member? Officially, yes. In every other way, no. I've been wanting to see Mera in the JL for decades but she's been one in name only. Thanks no thanks, Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Isis
    Insect Queen (Lana Lang)
    Jemm
    Lady Quark
    Nightshade
    Robotman (Cliff Steele)
    Ultraa
    Ultraa!!! A poster after my own heart. I miss the heck out of Ultraa.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Ultraa!!! A poster after my own heart. I miss the heck out of Ultraa.
    What alien civilization was he from again?