Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE that she crashed the Sentinel head into the space station.

Mr. Werneck...that's not how Logan's claws look up close. You have so many art and images to reference and you still do that?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-13-2024 at 09:17 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I always like it when they have a slight curve to them, making them look more like claws versus just straight blades. However, you're right, that much curvature and I'm not sure how they'd retract into his forearms at all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Mr. Werneck...that's not how Logan's claws look up close. You have so many art and images to reference and you still do that?
    I don't get it his art is ropey on this title, I feel like he is better at static shots as opposed to dynamic ones. Everyone looks so stretched out like silly putty.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. He really shouldn't be inking his own work.
    But I was never a fan so...enh.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I don't get it his art is ropey on this title, I feel like he is better at static shots as opposed to dynamic ones. Everyone looks so stretched out like silly putty.
    My thoughts exactly. He excels at pin-ups and characters posing, but falls short when it comes to action sequences and dynamism. The angles in those pages are quite weird and off.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah Immortal definitely played to his strengths. His costume designs (look up the MCU X-Men ones he posted a while back) are also gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    When did Nightcrawler start killing. Seems OOC but I haven't been reading all the X-books so I am probably wrong. Also, if Nightcrawler kills now he might as well teleport heads off.
    He doesn’t, a kill would be OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    There's something about a woman in an long flowing cape wrecking house that just does it for me.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Glad to see Lorna's target was the space station.

Are those some kind of taser knuckles Emma is using, there seems to be some kind of energy coming out of them in that second panel.

Looks like Synch is using Lorna's power.

Synch, Rogue, Gambit, Emma, and Iceman would be a really fun team, in a book not written by Duggan.

Lorna half-smirk. Go girl!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

To be fair, artistic depictions of them have been all over the place for years (going from dao like straight with slight curves at the end to thin needles with scimitar like wide archs) that it might not be entirely suprising when an artist gets them wrong like this.

Which is likely not helped by his blades being constantly refered to as "claws", potentialy influencing what the artist might want to express in their designs.

And then there is the consideration that a blade as seen directly from the front, ist mostly just a "I" shape, so these twisted depictions might be for dramatic effect.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-13-2024 at 04:37 PM.

I've gotta admit that the preview looks pretty good. I'm hoping Gambit actually gets some decent page time in this issue as well as Synch.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    When did Nightcrawler start killing. Seems OOC but I haven't been reading all the X-books so I am probably wrong. Also, if Nightcrawler kills now he might as well teleport heads off.
    The same day Kate did?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This looks fun, my only nit pick is I wish Polaris was wearing her "Magneto" uniform in the book as well, not just on the cover.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Seems like Synch is perhaps synching with Iceman's powers instead Bobby actually being there
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer