Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Seriously, I'm so sick of Vanessa being a villain. It's exactly what I dreaded when Phil first implemented the idea.

I feel like Cassie will probably fight Silver Swan since Vanessa's the closest thing she has to an archenemy.
    Are they still beating that drum too? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Good issue, really liked the spotlight on each of the WG's as well the hype moments for each of the villains. Fits very for a "To War" sequence, hopefully the villains prove sufficiently badass in succeeding issues.

Which on the backup I just now realized the only characters shown these part several issues are Lizzie, Damian, and Jon. I'm curious if thats intended to hide the status of the characters in that period until a big plot-point occurs. Diana herself hasn't shown up yet in these future-skits.

I’m wondering if this is meant to be a tease about what’s coming in the DCU (Brainia could refer to the upcoming Brainiac Queen debuting) or if it’s just a throwaway gag about how weird and different this future ended up being. “President Psycho” sounds like a fun storyline regardless, maybe some of this will come to pass in the mainline like how King teased the War of Jokes and Riddles before it actually was told.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Yeah! Has he already died?
    I hope he doesn't and then he appears "miraculously" cured thanks to being exposed to the purple ray in Themyscira.
    Yeah that would be really nice.

Astonishing Member

I wonder why Grail is there, it's a little bit unusual for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering if this is meant to be a tease about what’s coming in the DCU (Brainia could refer to the upcoming Brainiac Queen debuting) or if it’s just a throwaway gag about how weird and different this future ended up being. “President Psycho” sounds like a fun storyline regardless, maybe some of this will come to pass in the mainline like how King teased the War of Jokes and Riddles before it actually was told.
    I think it's teaser for a separate book about these three. King is definitely interested, and it's hard to tell their story just in back-ups.

I’m really glad the Wonder Girls will have a bigger role moving forward.
    Cassie came out looking the best, IMO. I love how King addressed her tomboy phase. It’s a shame she’s stuck in that “redesign” of hers.
    I’m not such a fan of King’s Yara. I know he’s trying to portray her confidence, but it’s coming across as arrogance as he’s missing a lot of her playfulness. I’m okay with hey being a little too full of herself, but there should be SOME nuance so she isn’t so one-note. Ironically, older Trinity acts very very similarly, but she is more ironic so she’s a bit easier to digest.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Gen-S thing. I think it’s cute, but it’s still very weird to push these characters as part of the same generation when there’s a huge age gap between Lizzie and the others. But Lizzie will probably end up stuck in the present ala Helena Wayne, so eventually it will make more sense?
    I hope she stays in the future, but I’ll be shocked if she does.
    Last edited by Factor; 01-17-2024 at 06:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So I wonder if Yara will be leaving Amazons Attack for this?
    It'll be over in like 2 issues so i don't see why she would.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Seriously, I'm so sick of Vanessa being a villain. It's exactly what I dreaded when Phil first implemented the idea.

Are they still beating that drum too? Sigh.
    Vanessa deserves redemption.

Spectacular Member

At this point I'm convinced that it's a corporate mandate from the higher ups at DC and WB that Vanessa is the Silver Swan. Why? It's clearly not popular with the readers... the ones who are actually BUYING the book, so why is it being forced down out throats? I know that King could have come up with a great new origin for Helena but I feel like he was told he had to use Vanessa.

Cheetah should be there. Her absence is a glaring omission. I'm know it's kind of a hot take around here, but (sorry, not sorry) Cheetah is Diana's Lex/Joker. All these writers come in saying WW doesn't have that "big bad" like Lex or Joker but she really does. Like Lex and Joker, Cheetah has been a thorn in Diana's side pretty much since her beginnings. She was there in Year One (WW #6, 1942) and has made more appearances in the comics than any of the rogues on that beautiful splash page. Lex and Joker have both shown up in media outside of the comics. So has Cheetah. Granted, it has been limited to the Super Friends cartoon but she's been there in merchandising (coloring books, story books, lunch boxes, etc.) and in the last feature film (but let's not dwell on that particular version.) My big complaint is that Cheetah has been pretty much "declawed" since Rebirth. Love Rucka, but his turning Barbara Minerva into a sympathetic figure in his Rebirth run was almost as much of a misstep as Perez making Steve Trevor too old to be the love interest. Barbara should be unrepentant. She's ambitious and bloodthirsty in her quest for power and wealth. Perez's original version was so much more interesting and villainous than the one we have now. She needs to get back to that and back to being the big bad that she's supposed to be.

I'm so happy to see Angle Man back! I hope King gives him the same treatment and push he gave Kite Man over in his Batman run. (Hell, yeah!) That one page of backstory already has me hooked. Kinda surprised to see that they kept his Bronze Age look and didn't redesign him. Maybe that will come later. Angle Man really was one of her more persistent antagonists in the Bronze Age so I'm happy to see him back and look forward to seeing what King will do with him.

I don't understand why DC never change the look of their villains.....
    What is said about Angle Man and his ridiculous costume doesn't work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Angleman DOES have a modern look thats pretty snappy.
    But since Kings described Angleman as the books 'Kiteman' he would naturally pick the bronze age costume

Characters that look ridiculous but are actually really powerful is a common trope.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I happen to like Angle Man's green & yellow costume. Sure, it's bright & flashy but it also catches the eye & makes him stand out. Comics should be fun.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    It's not like Sampere's radically redesigned anybody.

Silver Swan gets a little more hair and Cassie ditched her skirt but that's about it.

But his goofy look is probably part of the point here.

This was my favorite issue so far. A solid spotlight for the 3 wondergirls that would serve as a decent introduction for anyone unfamiliar with them. Offers a nice taste of their personalities and insight into how different their dynamics with Diana are. The video game battle against Donna started out hilarious (lol at the Teen Titans Go! shirt) and then was tugging at my heartstrings by the end.
    And I hate the trope of the hero turning away their friends to face danger alone, so that last-minute twist was a satisfying subversion. Some may have seen it coming, but King really had me convinced that the wondergirls would be sitting this one out. Now I’m much more excited to see how this conflict develops. Women standing together is more important than any old oath or tradition, very sweet theme.
    Last edited by Dipter; 01-18-2024 at 05:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I happen to like Angle Man's green & yellow costume. Sure, it's bright & flashy but it also catches the eye & makes him stand out. Comics should be fun.
    The way its drawn, it looks very modern