Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

To me its more noticeable that his build appears more regular, less action hero physique.

Like compared to this image of him with the triangular body build.

Despite the dialogue being clunky at times, I find myself really enjoying these issues.

Also seeing Steel get turned into a pig will never not be funny.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    As I understand it, a protege, who hangs out and gets into trouble with the hero, all the time -Bucky, Robin, Sandy, etc -is typically called a sidekick, in superhero comics.

A good example of a famous sidekick, who wasn't her superheroic partner's protege, was the infallible Etta Candy...the Golden Age one. Pistol-packing, fearless cowgirl Etta was Diana's first true Wonder Girl, even without Amazon lineage, superhuman powers and a Cosmo figure, ..and every subatomic universe Wonder Woman jumped into, Etta was right behind her! WW creator, Dr. Marston, didn't present Etta as being limited in her abilities or ambitions, by her being morbidly overweight or appearance, but, instead, showed her to be every bit the action partner, Robin or Bucky was, ..and she was more of a partner, than Donna or Cassie have ever been. No contest.
    Let us not forget the Pre-Crisis moment of WONDER ETTA, PRINCESS OF POWER (for the night!)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I happen to like Angle Man's green & yellow costume. Sure, it's bright & flashy but it also catches the eye & makes him stand out. Comics should be fun.
    I like it too.
    I did not care for Phil Jimenez' "dandy" look for him. There was nothing recognizable, eye-catching or distinctive about that version; literally just a dude in a nice tailored suit.