Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a fun issue. It was a set up issue to get us to our finale and I am fine with that. We havent gotten this much time with the Wonder Girls in a WOnder book in......over 15 years I feel like?

I was surprised that Cheetah was nowhere to be found in this issue. Maybe she'll be a surprise?

My biggest gripe with this is just design wise for some of these characters but.....ya know....you deal with it one issue at a time lol.

Each of the battles that the WGs challenged Diana to was great, very in character with getting back to some status quo? Cassie now is back to daddy Zeus? Or simply Zeus giving her, her powers at least.

Diana/Donna battling it out via fighter game was unexpected and I loved it. Of course they will find any way to get Superman/Batman into the book but at least Superman beat Batman in the end?

Grail seems to have taken up the more extreme bondage theme of Wonder Woman and I'm here for it.

But somehow I dont think this Diana ever worked at a pizza joint....KIng does keep her a bit tooooo formal but maybe once the threat is over she'll let her hair down more.

Extraordinary Member

Surprised that King is keeping Cheetah a tier apart from her rogues gallery.
    Whether that has to do with her currently being an ally or is too important a plot point to be apart of Sarge Steel’s assembly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Surprised that King is keeping Cheetah a tier apart from her rogues gallery.
    Whether that has to do with her currently being an ally or is too important a plot point to be apart of Sarge Steel’s assembly.
    I'm going to guess Cheetah will be held back until she comes to Diana's aid (maybe already in next issue?).

Extraordinary Member

Now I’m actually looking forward to spoilers:
    Donna and Angle Man meeting again
    end of spoilers
    But that’s assuming King is aware of their history together.

I'm glad Cheetah isn't a henchwoman for once. I wish Circe wasn't either, she's ridiculously overpowered for this team. She should be a major threat in her own right, but I guess I just have to accept that the Rebirth version is a huge downgrade compared to Post-Crisis.

I like some of the premise and the interactions in and of themselves but King still writes people wayyyyy too stiff and formal. It didn't get as bad as Yara, but still.

Why am I not surprised King gave us crazy Angle Man?

Also Cassie looks better in her casual clothes than she does in her actual costume.

HAH! I called it about the Wonder Girl challenges! They had no intention of ever trying to make her back down. XD

It will be amusing to see how long this takes to blow up in Sovereigns face. Doctor Psycho already knew what was going on and came to him instead of the reverse.

And Circe is probably joining in purely for the LOLs. Though odd that the narrative words her like someone seeking godhood. Is her parentage different in this version?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    HAH! I called it about the Wonder Girl challenges! They had no intention of ever trying to make her back down. XD

It will be amusing to see how long this takes to blow up in Sovereigns face. Doctor Psycho already knew what was going on and came to him instead of the reverse.

And Circe is probably joining in purely for the LOLs. Though odd that the narrative words her like someone seeking godhood. Is her parentage different in this version?
    It could just be that she only counts as a demigoddess and not a full god. Percy Jackson rules, in other words.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I just cant help but laugh at Yara/Donna in these mahestic outfits and then theres...Cassie. But nonetheless, seeing the 3 together, I LOVE IT. I need more of it. And only took us a couple years into Yaras creation for it to happen

I liked Psycho just inviting himself to the "kill Wonder Woman mission", I like the idea not even other villains can stand him.

Last edited by Gaius; 01-16-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

I just wanted to say it here since i know a lot of people on Twitter said it and some discussion was on this forum Yara's "Uma ligeria vantagem" isn't supposed to be Portuguese it's Latin. Because they are doing contests like in ancient times.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The back up is still my favorite part but this was one of the best main issues so far even if I still feel like there's far too much telling and not showing. The whole gathering of the villains bit has definitely been done to death but I feel like it would have been better to see first hand rather than have it narrated. Because we didn't see or hear these villains reacting to being invited to fight Diana we don't really get a sense of their personalities so it comes across as stilted and flat.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It could just be that she only counts as a demigoddess and not a full god. Percy Jackson rules, in other words.
    Yeah, but the same narrative is also describing Grail as a full on god and she has less claim to the title than Circe does.
    Like, Circes parents are the anthropomorphic personification of the sun, and a nymph usually

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I just wanted to say it here since i know a lot of people on Twitter said it and some discussion was on this forum Yara's "Uma ligeria vantagem" isn't supposed to be Portuguese it's Latin. Because they are doing contests like in ancient times.
    It's portuguese, but they spelled "ligeira" wrong. It means "A small advantage".
    It makes no sense for the brazilian woman not to speak portuguese.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's portuguese, but they spelled "ligeira" wrong. It means "A small advantage".
    It makes no sense for the brazilian woman not to speak portuguese.
    No it's Latin and it spelled correct. Because they are doing contests.