Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Love the detail of the Jack picture in Diana's apartment.
    Yeah! Has he already died?
    I hope he doesn't and then he appears "miraculously" cured thanks to being exposed to the purple ray in Themyscira.

So I'm curious about the match-ups.

I feel like Cassie will probably fight Silver Swan since Vanessa's the closest thing she has to an archenemy.

Donna has a dynamic with Angle Man (though maybe not this Angle Man).

I could kind of see Donna or Yara fighting Grail.

It would probably take all four of them to fight Circe but she probably won't be trying that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I really enjoyed this bit and continue to enjoy that Trinity isnt a carbon copy of Diana. But I need to see her with other people, esp other female heroes/wonders
    She only exists so Damian and Jon can have their own Wonder rep to round out the next gen Trinity, so of course she only ever interacts with the two of them .
    I was actually thinking the same thing when looking over the lineup. Its a small annoyance but nothing Id harp on beyond calling it out once. But you can also say its just how the in-universe world views Diana. Alone.
    Why would you have a roster with Superman, Supergirl, and Jon Kent? The only thing unique about Jon is the electric powers and I'm not even sure a game would have those as recent as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Grail got all the fanfare Circe should have. She's worthy of a direct meeting with the Sovereign surrounded by decadent décor, while Circe is dressed down and outside on the farm slopping hogs. I miss when she had people for stuff like that.
    Yeah, pre-Rebirth that introduction probably would've gone to Circe.

I love, love, love what Sampere is doing… but I do think his splash page reveal of the gathered villains and splash page of the gathered Wonder Girls would have been more powerful if he’d gone with sharper perspective angles, instead of putting the “camera” right in front of them. For instance, his shot of Diana approaching the defeated Steel in the snow in the first issue was exquisite mostly because of the perspective.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I'm curious about the match-ups.

I feel like Cassie will probably fight Silver Swan since Vanessa's the closest thing she has to an archenemy.

Donna has a dynamic with Angle Man (though maybe not this Angle Man).

I could kind of see Donna or Yara fighting Grail.

It would probably take all four of them to fight Circe but she probably won't be trying that hard.
    On that note:
    https://x.com/sampere_art/status/174...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Armies drafted at 5 doesn't mean everyone is getting part of the fight immediately at 6... Just saying!
    Maybe it will be more of a run the gauntlet deal where they have to fight through each Rogue in an issue? I’d be a fan of that, make her villains strong enough to challenge the entire Wonder Family.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wonder what Circe is saying here:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    On that note:

Maybe it will be more of a run the gauntlet deal where they have to fight through each Rogue in an issue? I’d be a fan of that, make her villains strong enough to challenge the entire Wonder Family.
    Maybe Circe and Angle Man don't participate in the fight and leave the game. Plot her plots and scheme her schemes to her black heart's content.

This was a good issue for me. I think my favorite challenge had to be Donna! Watching her and Diana play video games was really something I didn’t expect and I didn’t expect Diana to beat her up. I see why they went with Batman and Superman. It was a good way for her to say I was ready for you at the door. (Bloop)

Circe being recruited doesn’t bother me because she doesn’t even look interested really. Everything also seem to be on her terms. I think it was wise for Sovereign not to visit Circe because he knew she wasn’t going to kiss the ring. Can’t wait to see what she’s cooking up in Angle man’s ear.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's nice for WW to really feel like a WW book again with her sidekicks and villains. Hopefully we can keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    On that note:

That'd be neat. Maybe each issue would have King getting into the head/background of each villain.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Good issue, really liked the spotlight on each of the WG's as well the hype moments for each of the villains. Fits very for a "To War" sequence, hopefully the villains prove sufficiently badass in succeeding issues.

Which on the backup I just now realized the only characters shown these part several issues are Lizzie, Damian, and Jon. I'm curious if thats intended to hide the status of the characters in that period until a big plot-point occurs. Diana herself hasn't shown up yet in these future-skits.

I'm posting this because this guy reviews Wonder Woman faithfully, even before King and Sampere. He's one of us and deserves more views.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wonder what Circe is saying here:

Maybe something like, "I wish editorial hadn't ignored Vanessa's redemption".

So I wonder if Yara will be leaving Amazons Attack for this?
    Last edited by MarquisAsh; 01-16-2024 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So I wonder if Yara will be leaving Amazons Attack for this?
    Why would she?

I mean she didn’t follow Nubia’s direct order when we last seen her. She was with her tribe helping them. Now she’s here…don’t they have their own thing going while Diana goes to war?