Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Grimm

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Poor Hank.

Fun episode. I laughed out loud when Renard realized and casually put his phone away.

So... did they just introduce the Final Boss of the show (Satan, apparently) with a completely random ass-pull seven episodes before the end?

My only hope is that this means we're getting into the Big Juju and we're going to get some answers about the Wesen and the Grimms.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I thought that episode was terrible. Cringe-worthy terrible. Bad acting, bad CGI, bad everything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I thought that episode was terrible. Cringe-worthy terrible. Bad acting, bad CGI, bad everything.
    The CGI wasn't the best, I'd agree. I wish they just left it at hearing him screaming as he fell.

Incredible Member

I'm glad they realize that renard really does love his daughter and it was a fun parody of midsummer's night dream.

The cast really excels when they play off each other.

plus hoping the mirror demon is the big bad that everybody has to team up to deal with.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I thought it was funny and the actors had to chance to be over-acting.

Too bad it didn't end like this:

I actually suspect the bad CGI in the falling scene was deliberate. In a comedy episode, you have to either forego the death of the bad guy (note that neither Diana nor Renard finished off Grossante, even though it makes no sense and is probably dangerous to let him live, especially considering what he knows now) or you have to make it silly. If you're going to kill off the love potion guy, you have to do it in as slapsticky a way as possible. So they gave him a cheesy-looking Wile E. Coyote cliff dive.

Remember, these are the same people who gave us that terrible "Red Herring" gag last week.

So Nick WAS fighting Wesen before he even knew they existed. Makes sense. Wow, those flashbacks to when Monroe met Nick and Rosalee...seems like a lifetime ago!

Hilarious episode. I don't know what it says about Hank that he can fall in love with his own reflection, but that part had me laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    So... did they just introduce the Final Boss of the show (Satan, apparently) with a completely random ass-pull seven episodes before the end?

My only hope is that this means we're getting into the Big Juju and we're going to get some answers about the Wesen and the Grimms.
    That Satan-like guy could be tied to the stick and the symbols somehow. I wonder if they'll mention that they did fight a Devil-like Wesen before?

I actually suspect the bad CGI in the falling scene was deliberate. In a comedy episode, you have to either forego the death of the bad guy (note that neither Diana nor Renard finished off Grossante, even though it makes no sense and is probably dangerous to let him live, especially considering what he knows now) or you have to make it silly.
    It makes a bit of sense, Renard probably didn't want to kill him off in front of his young, impressionable daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It makes a bit of sense, Renard probably didn't want to kill him off in front of his young, impressionable daughter.
    Heh... I think he knows she's already a killer.

Renard wouldn't want to get his own hands dirty with killing the guy. Besides, leaving him alive but utterly defeated would still send a pretty clear message to Black Claw.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

But now Black Claw knows what Diana can do and will be targeting her (for murder, not kidnapping).

But now Black Claw knows what Diana can do and will be targeting her (for murder, not kidnapping).
    Good luck to them. I'm not sure she CAN be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Good luck to them. I'm not sure she CAN be killed.
    Probably not if she knows you're coming... but she might be vulnerable to sniper bullets or whatever. Unless she's some kind of goddess, which I suppose is possible, though I want to know how and why.

Probably not if she knows you're coming... but she might be vulnerable to sniper bullets or whatever. Unless she's some kind of goddess, which I suppose is possible, though I want to know how and why.
    Diana could probably sense the bullet coming and turn it back on the shooter.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a TV series approach its series finale in as leisurely a manner as Grimm. Five episodes to go, a million questions to answer, and next week we get... tree monsters. (I guess Team Grimm implied that their apples aren't what they ought to be.)

But hey, this week we found out that the diagram is a prophecy and it's bad. Uh huh.

The inability to use "prophecies" and "chosen ones" in a supernatural TV show would cripple it just as much as the absence of cell phones and security cameras would put an end to police procedurals. The writers wouldn't know what to do.

I didn't know Russell (Hank) Hornsby was in that "Fences" movie. I happened to tune in the Oscars when Viola Davis was making her speech and the camera caught him in the audience. Good for him. I guess he is getting his post-Grimm career in gear.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.