Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Grimm

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm pretty much resigned now to the fact that this show won't come to a satisfying conclusion. Only four episodes to go and they're still farting around with MOTW episodes and making almost no progress toward the big finish. You can't just pull the series Big Bad out of nowhere like that, with literally no set-up until what will presumably be the final battle.

These last four hours need to be laser focused on Mirror Skull Guy and the big mysteries of the show. The time for fairytale monster distractions is over.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm pretty much resigned now to the fact that this show won't come to a satisfying conclusion. Only four episodes to go and they're still farting around with MOTW episodes and making almost no progress toward the big finish. You can't just pull the series Big Bad out of nowhere like that, with literally no set-up until what will presumably be the final battle.

These last four hours need to be laser focused on Mirror Skull Guy and the big mysteries of the show. The time for fairytale monster distractions is over.
    Yeah, probably not.

Grimm's been great with the day to day stuff, but IMO, they've fallen short on the mythos. I mean, they never bothered to reconcile the Wesen Council and Royal Family, Black Claw's been kicked to the curb after considerable build up, no sign of Truble and Hadian's Wall, and come on, a freakin' stick?

IMO, the series has avoided a good number of pitfalls and cliches that hit series like this, but that seems to be at the expense of the larger mythos.

I kind of wish they'd avoided the temptation to turn into a Mystery Box show at the last minute. I would have been satisfied if the true nature and history of wesen and Grimms had been the only bit of mythology they set up to address.

I guess this show wanted to get in a few episodes doing what it does best? I just kind of didn't like how they reverted the status quo, taking Renard away from his mayoral position, re-instating Nick, Hank, and Wu's jobs, etc. just so they could get classic Grimm stories in.

We are getting some good moments, I think. It was nice seeing Wu work alongside Hank in the investigation, maybe he'll get a promotion. The tree creatures were cool, really freaky seeing all those faces. I thought it was funny when they just gave up, realizing they did all they could do.

But they didn't do all they could do... they could have burned the tree down. They didn't, because they all actually agreed with what it was doing.

I would have been fine with them continuing the MOTW episodes right up to the end, but they went and shoehorned in all this mythology stuff. Now we need answers to all that, and we're running out of time to get them. I'm assuming wesen and Grimms will never get any real explanation, but... the stick, the cloth, the symbols, Diana's powers, Rosalee's babies, the Black Claw, Eve, baby Kelly (who is presumably there for some reason), and now Mirror Skull Guy. An awful lot to fit in to 4 episodes.

Ultimate Member

Hmm, that was an interesting way to handle Wesen culture, and getting old.

Still, so close to the end (heh), it doesn't make sense to focus on the culture, and not the climax.

I like Eve's rational for going after Mirror guy, hit him before he hits them. A 90s comic cliche, but really, common sense. Why let the bad guy decide when and where to start a fight?

Since Eve has no idea who that guy is... whether he's just a mook or Satan himself... I'm not sure why she would think going in there alone is a good idea.

The other side looks like Purgatory from Supernatural.

No sign of a monster of the week in the preview, so maybe this week was the last one. Pretty good one to go out on. Hard episode to watch for a lot of people, I'm sure.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

One of the reasons I feel sad Grimm is going off the air is that I really wanted to see their version (probably a boy band) of the Town Musicians of Bremen.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    One of the reasons I feel sad Grimm is going off the air is that I really wanted to see their version (probably a boy band) of the Town Musicians of Bremen.
    Agree that would have been nice to see in the show and would not have mine seeing the unicorn-like Wesen too.

Some serious shit is going down next week, wonder if it wiil be rwo hours?

Incredible Member

I think all of us kinda wanted julliet and nick to finally team up (powerful hexenbeast and the grim back to back), and glad they are finally realizing they are on a schedule.

So it's official... the wesen came from Supernatural's Purgatory. I half expected Dean Winchester and his vampire buddy to run through.

Not sure if that world is where the wesen originally came from, or whether it's simply an alternate world where the wesen are in perpetual woge.

I hope this Zerstörer ("Destroyer") has more relevance to the mythos than just a big bulletproof pedophile.

I do hate when "prophecy" is trotted out as a lazy way of making plot elements make sense. The Prophecies say that a Chosen One will appear and show us how to end this story!

I very much wish we could've gotten to see this world earlier, but it's cool to have it. Nick's gun being a plot point was interesting, as was Nick's limited German. Renard is very much not to be trusted, so it probably wasn't the best idea to tell him about the stick. Desperate times, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I think all of us kinda wanted julliet and nick to finally team up (powerful hexenbeast and the grim back to back), and glad they are finally realizing they are on a schedule.
    Yeah, and she is still in Eve mode, knowing she can't really go back to being Juliette. It's unfortunate that the rest of Team Grimm had to be on the sidelines for this to happen. They didn't even bother giving us an excuse to have Hank and Wu there. They needed to call Renard, but it was like, eh, let's have the others there too.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Not sure if that world is where the wesen originally came from, or whether it's simply an alternate world where the wesen are in perpetual woge.
    They mentioned the whole Schrodinger's cat thing. I'm thinking it's an alternate Earth where Wesen became the dominant species as opposed to humans. Maybe a world where Grimms never existed.

Well, they have 2 episodes left to wrap everything up. Lots of luck with that.

Ultimate Member

Well, that's not an ending I expected to see...