Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Not that I agree that Adam is a Summers in any way based on what we know of his history -- there a several known Shi'ar/Human-Mutant offspring, and while I cringe at the thought of Katherine Summers being raped and murdered, I see no good reason why D'Ken wouldn't possess the necessary genetic material to produce equally a hybrid offspring in conjunction with Katherine despite her genetic contribution.

Was this known BEFORE Adam-X was born though? We know D'ken was interested, but did he know enough to make it work artificially?

Ok, artificially making a child of himself and Kat is easy. (and that kinda needs to be the case) knowing how to splice in a Mutant gene though? that's a lot more work.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 01-16-2024 at 12:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Was this known BEFORE Adam-X was born though? We know D'ken was interested, but did he know enough to make it work artificially?

Ok, artificially making a child of himself and Kat is easy. (and that kinda needs to be the case) knowing how to splice in a Mutant gene though? that's a lot more work.
    The Shi'ar were vaguely aware of mutants prior to the Summers incident, as mutants were very rare at that time. Given how hard human and mutant scientists had trying to forcibly create a "mutant gene" it seems unlikely the Shi'ar would have an easier time with no access to experience (even with their superior tech). So Katherine had some X-gene markers in her to help price a mutant - Shi'ar offspring

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The Shi'ar were vaguely aware of mutants prior to the Summers incident, as mutants were very rare at that time. Given how hard human and mutant scientists had trying to forcibly create a "mutant gene" it seems unlikely the Shi'ar would have an easier time with no access to experience (even with their superior tech). So Katherine had some X-gene markers in her to help price a mutant - Shi'ar offspring
    I think this too (Katherine had some x-gene markers already present). I think it's always easy enough to explain Shi'ar knowledge of mutants even if they seemingly weren't that numerous at the time of Philip/Katherine's abduction (with the revelation of the Threshold in Steve Orlando's Marauders run; or even just suggesting that Sinister might have had a hand in helping (seeing how it's suggested he has always been aware of Adam-X's existance (as a brother to Scott & Alex) and was actively spying/following him)).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Given the Sinister obsession with the Summers family and the fact that one of the clones is very involved with alien politics, I still say there’s a very good chance that Orbis Stellaris had a hand in things and arranged the abduction in order to manipulate both the in utero pregnancy of Vulcan and possibly Adam’s birth as well. The original Nathaniel was already involved with exploring the Summers bloodline in the late 1800s thanks to the time traveling Cyclops and Jean arriving in his era and catching his attention….it would make total sense that even though experimenting with mutants wasn’t ‘his sphere’ unlike Diamond Sinister, Orbis Stellaris based off what he might’ve known/remembered from whatever memories Nathaniel did give the rest of them, decided that he still wanted Summers family DNA for his own purposes and schemes out in the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Given the Sinister obsession with the Summers family and the fact that one of the clones is very involved with alien politics, I still say there’s a very good chance that Orbis Stellaris had a hand in things and arranged the abduction in order to manipulate both the in utero pregnancy of Vulcan and possibly Adam’s birth as well. The original Nathaniel was already involved with exploring the Summers bloodline in the late 1800s thanks to the time traveling Cyclops and Jean arriving in his era and catching his attention….it would make total sense that even though experimenting with mutants wasn’t ‘his sphere’ unlike Diamond Sinister, Orbis Stellaris based off what he might’ve known/remembered from whatever memories Nathaniel did give the rest of them, decided that he still wanted Summers family DNA for his own purposes and schemes out in the cosmos.
    Damn. That’s crazy, but I kind of love it. It’s convoluted and nuts, but now with all the revelations about the four Sinisters — well, five I guess if you count the OG version who is now the Enigma dominion — Sinister himself has become as complex as the Summers family bloodline. Almost.

Combine that with the revelations about Apocalypse from X of Swords, and how his “survival of the fittest” dogma was at its core about hardening mutantkind and preparing the Earth for the return of Annihilation and the Amenthi hordes… and the questions it raises about En Sabah Nur’s involvement with the Summers family as well, and especially Cable (Was he “sharpening” baby Nathan by infecting him with the T-O virus like a whetstone sharpens a blade? Did he know that Cable would go back in time and infect him with the T-O virus, allowing him the very means to interface with Celestial technology?)… it’s all pretty out there and nuts, and kind of peak X-men if you think about it. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Missing Havok's kids.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Ultimate Member

One of these days Corsair and Hepzibah are gonna take advantage of that Shiar tech and spawn a litter, and Scott's gonna have fifth, sixth and seventh 'Third Summer's brothers.'

And then maybe we'll meet some AU kid of Scott and Joanna Cargill...

Ruby needs a chance in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    One of these days Corsair and Hepzibah are gonna take advantage of that Shiar tech and spawn a litter, and Scott's gonna have fifth, sixth and seventh 'Third Summer's brothers.'

And then maybe we'll meet some AU kid of Scott and Joanna Cargill...
    Joanna really seemed to want one too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Missing Havok's kids.
    Besides Scotty Summers, how many kids does he have?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I think this too (Katherine had some x-gene markers already present). I think it's always easy enough to explain Shi'ar knowledge of mutants even if they seemingly weren't that numerous at the time of Philip/Katherine's abduction (with the revelation of the Threshold in Steve Orlando's Marauders run; or even just suggesting that Sinister might have had a hand in helping (seeing how it's suggested he has always been aware of Adam-X's existance (as a brother to Scott & Alex) and was actively spying/following him)).
    I always found that scene weird. Why does Sinister need to spy on Cyke through someone else's spycam?

BANNED

Poor Adam is connected by dashes that do not color correlate with the lexicon provided

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Besides Scotty Summers, how many kids does he have?
    Katie Summers, his future daughter with Wasp who was erased from the timeline by Kang, although Immortus did tell them where and when they needed to have sex inorder to recreate her.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I will take this opportunity to say that I always felt it was Katherine Summers who was the mutant with the juice and not Corsairs line as is always explained. I bet you Katherine was a really powerful mutant in her own right to mother so many powerful mutants. I think she probably had the same powers as Vulcan or more juiced up. But didn't know how to use them. I think that not using her in a revenge story is such a wasted opportunity. It would also explain the nature of Cyclops and Havoks powers.