Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default I have some questions about the Summers Family - About Vulcan child and Adam X

So, Gabriel Summers, Vulcan has an unknown child with Deathbird and this is canon, in recent comics it is said that the child exists and I admit that I am surprised that until now no writer has created this character, that until now this is not a real character, Even more so, this would unite Charles Xavir and Scott Summer in the same family tree, which is a funny idea, right?

And Adam X is actually half brothers of Vulcan and Scott, is it canon that he is the son of Katherine Summers and D'ken Neramani? Does this mean he is related on both sides to the son of Vulcan? How are Adam X and Gabriel's unnamed son both members of the Shi'ar royal family and Summers at the same time? Does that mean Xandra has two cousins who are Summers? A funny coincidence, right?

Ultimate Member

Adam X would be half brother to Scott, Gabriel, and Alex.

The Summers/Pym/Maximoff/Darkholme/Richards family tree is a complicated mess that spans multiple timelines and not even a hyper-advanced AI can attempt to understand it without being rendered catatonic.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Summers/Pym/Maximoff/Darkholme/Richards family tree is a complicated mess that spans multiple timelines and not even a hyper-advanced AI can attempt to understand it without being rendered catatonic.
    The SNIKT family is getting there too. There are so many of them now, including clones of a clone and alt reality versions (e.g., Jimmy Hudson). Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I *think* this explains the mess, but if anyone spots any mistake, please, correct me.

NOTE: Adam X isn't technically a Summers. He is related to Scott, Alex and Gabriel because he has Katherine Summers' DNA, but as far as we know, she's only a Summers through marriage. That means he's not related to Christopher (Corsair). Altough he did interact with Philip Summers (Scott, Alex and Gabriel' paternal grandfather).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    So, Gabriel Summers, Vulcan has an unknown child with Deathbird and this is canon, in recent comics it is said that the child exists and I admit that I am surprised that until now no writer has created this character, that until now this is not a real character, Even more so, this would unite Charles Xavir and Scott Summer in the same family tree, which is a funny idea, right?
    It wouldn't unite them directly, but Xandra and this child would be cousins.

And Adam X is actually half brothers of Vulcan and Scott, is it canon that he is the son of Katherine Summers and D'ken Neramani?
    Yes. Just like Alex can't hurt Scott with his power (and vice-versa), they can't hurt or be hurt by Adam's either.

Does this mean he is related on both sides to the son of Vulcan?
    Yes. He's a half-uncle because he shares a mother with Gabriel. He's a cousin because D'Ken was Cal'syee's brother.

How are Adam X and Gabriel's unnamed son both members of the Shi'ar royal family and Summers at the same time?
    Gabriel is a Shi'ar through marriage and a Summers through DNA. [EDIT: So his child would be a Summers because of their father and a Shi'ar royal because of their mother].

Adam has D'ken's DNA. [EDIT: and Katherine Summers's DNA]

Does that mean Xandra has two cousins who are Summers? A funny coincidence, right?
    Yes. Adam X and Gabriel's (and Cal'syee's) child.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 01-14-2024 at 04:24 AM.

Yes, for me, anyway, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I *think* this explains the mess, but if anyone spots any mistake, please, correct me.

NOTE: Adam X isn't technically a Summers. He is related to Scott, Alex and Gabriel because he has Katherine Summers' DNA, but as far as we know, she's only a Summers through marriage. That means he's not related to Christopher (Corsair). Altough he did interact with Philip Summers (Scott, Alex and Gabriel' paternal grandfather).

It wouldn't unite them directly, but Xandra and this child would be cousins.

Yes. Just like Alex can't hurt Scott with his power (and vice-versa), they can't hurt or be hurt by Adam either.

Yes. He's a half-uncle because he shares a mother with Gabriel. He's a cousin because D'Ken was Cal'syee brother.

Gabriel is a Shi'ar through marriage and a Summers through DNA.

Adam has D'ken's DNA.

Yes. Adam X and Gabriel's (and Cal'syee's) child.
    Most excellently answered and explained, Grinning Soul!

My head is spinning, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Most excellently answered and explained, Grinning Soul!

My head is spinning, lol!
    Thanks, hon. I'm *really* not sure if I didn't make an obvious, silly mistake there. But I'm sure someone will point out if I did. :D

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The SNIKT family is getting there too. There are so many of them now, including clones of a clone and alt reality versions (e.g., Jimmy Hudson). Ha.
    That might be the one way to beat the Dominion coming to swallow up the universe . . . make it try to make sense of those tangled family trees and watch it self-destruct from that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, Adam X is Adam Neramani, not Summers! Well, Scott's dad Christopher Summers isn't a Mutant, so must have got it from Katherine. So Cal'syee's child with Gabriel would have Katherine as grandmother.

Side note: notice how I specified "with Gabriel"... Well... Heather Cameron and also Davis Cameron are probably Cal'syee's children, and thus Vulcan's step-children. But this means they're not Summers clan. They're descended from Neramanis, and... some Humans unrelated to the Summers.... as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, Adam X is Adam Neramani, not Summers! Well, Scott's dad Christopher Summers isn't a Mutant, so must have got it from Katherine.
    I've often wondered about this too. We know the X-gene is in the Summers line but Katherine's must also have mutagenic potential in order for Adam X to be a mutant (and perhaps why the the other brothers Scott, Alex and Gabriel are so powerful inheriting genes from both sides). Would be cool to have that explored further.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I've often wondered about this too. We know the X-gene is in the Summers line but Katherine's must also have mutagenic potential in order for Adam X to be a mutant (and perhaps why the the other brothers Scott, Alex and Gabriel are so powerful inheriting genes from both sides). Would be cool to have that explored further.
    Not that I agree that Adam is a Summers in any way based on what we know of his history -- there a several known Shi'ar/Human-Mutant offspring, and while I cringe at the thought of Katherine Summers being raped and murdered, I see no good reason why D'Ken wouldn't possess the necessary genetic material to produce equally a hybrid offspring in conjunction with Katherine despite her genetic contribution.

Last edited by Micabe; 01-15-2024 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

You know, I wonder -- has anybody asked an AI to figure this out?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Things we know about the child of Gabriel and Cal'syee:
    - it is a hybrid child of an omega mutant and an atavistic Shi'ar, that also has some Kree genes infused to it by the Providian Order
    - Cal'syee sent them away to be raised away from the Shi'ar and mutants.
    - Cal'syee will not refer to their child by a gender so Vulcan had no knowledge of the child outside of it existing
    - the child would be Shi'ar cousin to Xandra through Lilandra and Shi'ar cousin to Adam through D'ken.
    - the child would be human cousin to Rachel, Nathan, Nate through Scott, and Katie Summers through Alex
    - the child would also be nephew/niece to Adam X through Gabriel

Fantastic Member

... Perhaps that's how we humans can fight the RL AI Invasion ... "Make me an x-men family tree cross-referenced with Fantastic Four"